Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will YOU do if HE Stays? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
#30 : December 22, 2011, 11:14:38 AM

Been in the stands at every home game for decades, never left early not even this season, but getting tired of it. The fun part is hanging with friends and family now not watching the product on the field, so why pay for that part??

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 22, 2011, 11:18:48 AM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he isn't fired. I think the lockout (no offseason) will be the excuse and simply the fact he hasn't had much help outside of the draft. If Morris stays it will be because of these things. Morris may be given another year people.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 22, 2011, 11:44:19 AM

I hope he is gone but if he is back ill support him and hope he proves everyone of us wrong. I don't care who the hc is as long as we win.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 22, 2011, 12:24:36 PM

Just curious - what would you do if Raheem Morris is retained or Geebus Forbid EXTENDED?

What if nothing changes - Olsen stays and Rah keeps his DC duties....

REACT!  ;D

If Morris stays I have to see who they hire as coordinators.   

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 22, 2011, 12:34:24 PM

There are Buc fans who will stick with them through thick and thin, then there are others that are fair weather and only show up when the team is good. This thread will identify who is fair weather. I remember going to games in the 1980s and you'd see the real fans sitting in the Sombrerro during the Culverhouse days.

I once believed that way as well Morgan but I think that mentality is as old as the Blackouts themselves. Its a different world now, with 5000 high definition channels, computers that plug into your television (or tvs that are televisions). What's changed for me isn't what's going on on the field.

Its the game experience. I've been tailgating at the stadium for two decades but this year was the first time I had stuff literally stolen out of my truck. It happened in consecutive weeks, too. It got to the point we simply stopped tailgating and started paying to go into commercialized tailgates. Not the same.

The Ray Jay is a dead zone...even when the team is playing well. The video board is terrible, the pre-and-halftime stuff is boring, they don't really offer much in fan interaction (they're just beta testing wireless now) and lets face it - the fans today aren't the same as they were back in the day. They arrive late and leave early. It kinda sucks when you scream at the top of your lungs "DEEEE-FENSE!" and everyone turns around a looks at you like you're some kinda jerk.

Look, in die-hard's eyes those are probably pansy excuses and back in the day - it wouldn't bother me either.

Now though, I've got a lot more on my plate. Driving down from Wesley Chapel, my Sundays are pretty much shot. I leave at 8am to tailgate and if it's a 1:00pm start, I'm typically not home until 6pm.

If I watch the game from home - not only do I get to see replays (in air conditioning), I have my sunday ticket and red zone channel so I can stay up on other games, I don't have to waste my entire day dedicating it to the Bucs, I can cook out in my backyard, drink my own (non-watered down) beer and when that game is over, I can flip to another game or get started on those Honey Do's....

Meanwhile, I'm saving the $3000 on three tickets - one for my mom who loves the team but doesn't know a thing about the game (other than how to scream holding) and one for my wife who brings a Kindle to the game.

None of my buddies who used to go to the games with me want to go anymore - they'd rather watch at home or the bar or go off and do something else. So that's all I got.
Going to games is just not worth the investment of money and time because frankly, its no longer enjoyable.

And no, it has nothing to do with the performance of the team. These feelings were creeping in last season as well.

So maybe I won't be there for pre-season games. Maybe I won't go to see them play the St. Louis Rams in the middle of 95 degree heat in September.

I still live and die with this football team every Sunday - whether I'm shelling out cash at Ray Jay or if I'm watching from the comfort of my own home. My passion for the team hasn't changed, it's the enjoyment of the game day experience that has. I'm no fairweather fan.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 22, 2011, 12:36:44 PM

Hope for the best.  Expect the worst.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 22, 2011, 03:15:15 PM

I'm a Buc fan to the core and will follow them regardless. Its really that simple.
THIS.
For me, an increase in income will have a greater impact in my attendance than an increase in wins. But you can't ask me to buy a shirt or jersey if I don't think the guy will be on the team next year.
Over the last year I got a customized Benn shirt, a Williams shirt, two Freeman shirts, a Blount jersey. That's with a limited income. At some point I'll get something with Bowers and/or Clayborn, but it's hard to buy apparel when these guys are down by three touchdowns every week. What's good about that?
I'll watch, but there is a subtle difference between loyalty and masochism. At some point it's too painful to watch anymore. I can't fault anyone who loves this team if they want to leave early or take time off from this train wreck.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 22, 2011, 03:16:23 PM

I hope he is gone but if he is back ill support him and hope he proves everyone of us wrong. I don't care who the hc is as long as we win.
True. Does anyone really care who's head coach?
Black, white, good press conferences, bad ones.
All people are the same color to me: PEWTER!!!

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 22, 2011, 03:19:27 PM

There are Buc fans who will stick with them through thick and thin, then there are others that are fair weather and only show up when the team is good. This thread will identify who is fair weather. I remember going to games in the 1980s and you'd see the real fans sitting in the Sombrerro during the Culverhouse days.

I once believed that way as well Morgan but I think that mentality is as old as the Blackouts themselves. Its a different world now, with 5000 high definition channels, computers that plug into your television (or tvs that are televisions). What's changed for me isn't what's going on on the field.

Its the game experience. I've been tailgating at the stadium for two decades but this year was the first time I had stuff literally stolen out of my truck. It happened in consecutive weeks, too. It got to the point we simply stopped tailgating and started paying to go into commercialized tailgates. Not the same.

The Ray Jay is a dead zone...even when the team is playing well. The video board is terrible, the pre-and-halftime stuff is boring, they don't really offer much in fan interaction (they're just beta testing wireless now) and lets face it - the fans today aren't the same as they were back in the day. They arrive late and leave early. It kinda sucks when you scream at the top of your lungs "DEEEE-FENSE!" and everyone turns around a looks at you like you're some kinda jerk.

Look, in die-hard's eyes those are probably pansy excuses and back in the day - it wouldn't bother me either.

Now though, I've got a lot more on my plate. Driving down from Wesley Chapel, my Sundays are pretty much shot. I leave at 8am to tailgate and if it's a 1:00pm start, I'm typically not home until 6pm.

If I watch the game from home - not only do I get to see replays (in air conditioning), I have my sunday ticket and red zone channel so I can stay up on other games, I don't have to waste my entire day dedicating it to the Bucs, I can cook out in my backyard, drink my own (non-watered down) beer and when that game is over, I can flip to another game or get started on those Honey Do's....

Meanwhile, I'm saving the $3000 on three tickets - one for my mom who loves the team but doesn't know a thing about the game (other than how to scream holding) and one for my wife who brings a Kindle to the game.

None of my buddies who used to go to the games with me want to go anymore - they'd rather watch at home or the bar or go off and do something else. So that's all I got.
Going to games is just not worth the investment of money and time because frankly, its no longer enjoyable.

And no, it has nothing to do with the performance of the team. These feelings were creeping in last season as well.

So maybe I won't be there for pre-season games. Maybe I won't go to see them play the St. Louis Rams in the middle of 95 degree heat in September.

I still live and die with this football team every Sunday - whether I'm shelling out cash at Ray Jay or if I'm watching from the comfort of my own home. My passion for the team hasn't changed, it's the enjoyment of the game day experience that has. I'm no fairweather fan.
Very emotional, revealing post, Jason. Thanks for sharing. I think a lot of people are going through similar things right now and the Glazers better find a way to get new people to games or else this franchise will be dead in this market.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 22, 2011, 03:20:39 PM

I will still be a fan.  But I might have to take a week off from PR while the place implodes.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 22, 2011, 03:21:55 PM

If Morris stays, I'll keep playing fantasy football and rooting for my players to do well because I know the Bucs won't.  Plus, I'll have another top 5 draft pick to look forward to.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 22, 2011, 03:25:07 PM

I will still be a fan.  But I might have to take a week off from PR while the place implodes.
This... Maybe even longer... Indefinitely...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#42 : December 22, 2011, 03:28:19 PM

Ira Kaufman just threw out his suggestion: the Panther's OC Rob Chudzinski as Morris' replacement as HC, and Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) as DC.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 22, 2011, 03:30:28 PM

If Morris stays, I'll keep playing fantasy football and rooting for my players to do well because I know the Bucs won't.  Plus, I'll have another top 5 draft pick to look forward to.

FFLs and Pick 'Ems do make it easier to get through seasons when your team sucks, that's for sure.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 22, 2011, 03:35:38 PM

Most of what you posted had nothing to do w/ our head coach, but more to do with the game day experience at RJS. I posted similar stuff awhile ago and the usuals slammed me (UFOJOE, HATE) - so it is good to see someone who agrees with me, finally.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will YOU do if HE Stays? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools