Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I believe Raheem should stay « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 22, 2011, 11:22:36 AM

I think he should be gone but a hunch is telling me he is brought back for one more year. The lockout with no offseason and no help outside of the draft may clinch him another year.
: December 22, 2011, 11:24:20 AM BucBalla85

player101

Starter
#16 : December 22, 2011, 11:22:52 AM

I am surprised that so many people believe Raheem should stay. A few weeks back I felt like he deserved 1 more year, but holy **CENSORED** the last few weeks have been a complete meltdown. The guy admitted the team was not listening and we got run out of the building by one of the worst teams in the NFL who coincidentally just fired their coach. This franchise needs a BIG change.

Nothing short of a whole new coaching staff, front office, and the owners commitment to winning is going to fix the current dreadfulness of this team. We are years and years and years away from competing for a title and that is assuming all parts of this franchise are operating at a peak level (which currently they are not).

: December 22, 2011, 11:25:55 AM player101

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 22, 2011, 11:25:31 AM

Man, Rah gets more blind love than any coach I've ever seen. Especially for a team that isn't even competing every week.

This team is a total mess and people want to keep him?! Freeman was on with DUImig last night and literally admitted many players on this team don't take this serious enough. They aren't preparing properly or playing hard. These guys aren't even trying (let alone winning) and you want to bring the HC back? Crazy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 22, 2011, 11:29:36 AM

I really hope I have the opportunity to wear a Cowher-spit face shield to a game next season....who's with me?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 22, 2011, 11:34:34 AM

I think he should be gone but a hunch is telling me he is brought back for one more year. The lockout with no offseason and no help outside of the draft may clinch him another year.

This is my thoughts and feelings as well.

I wouldn't be shocked if they extend him either for obvious reasons...

Madman

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 22, 2011, 11:48:23 AM

Rah is like the substitute teacher that everyone likes but no one respects.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 22, 2011, 11:51:53 AM

^^^ This

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 22, 2011, 11:52:49 AM

Where half the class takes hour long bathroom breaks with no resistance....probably exactly what happens during film breakdown..."Hay Rah!!, I gotta go take a leak...BRB."

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 22, 2011, 11:54:47 AM

Where half the class takes hour long bathroom breaks with no resistance....probably exactly what happens during film breakdown..."Hay Rah!!, I gotta go take a leak...BRB."

Lol. Exactly

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 22, 2011, 12:32:49 PM

I feel like i need to shower again after reading your post.

Especially after hearing "Mason Foster is the foundation of this defense".

Total and complete BS. The foundation of this defense is in the DL. Foster is the QB of the D. TC was hardly enough time to prepare him for the responsibility. A shower won't clean up what's wrong with you and your butt buddy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 22, 2011, 01:14:27 PM

Whether the foundation is faulty or not Foster is the foundation along with McCoy and Price.  Grimm and a new FS as well will make up the middle of the defense.

When you have that much disruption in the middle of the defense it is hard to be competitive.  But contingency plans must be in place because McCoy and Grimm are not exactly pillars of health, and Foster may not be suited to hold up at MIKE long term.  We simply don't know.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : December 22, 2011, 01:20:48 PM

good post

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 22, 2011, 03:05:31 PM

I don't normally agree with Sparky, but the point of continuity is always worth considering. Given how undisciplined and how they have simply given up in games, however, it's tough to hold firm on that case. I could handle being 6-8 right now with only a few duds. But they have looked terrible in more than half their games. Then one must examine last year's 10-6 season. Hey, 10 wins is 10 wins. But based on their point differential and strength of schedule, they played like a team that would win 8.7 games. Generally that doesn't concern me. But their wins OFTEN seem more like gifts than good efforts: Cincy turning it over multiple times late after outplaying the Bucs for most of the game, the St. Louis fiasco (with one of the worst first halves by a Bucs team prior to this season), the Washington slop in the rain (won when they couldn't attempt the tying extra point), etc. Often a team gains confidence from such wins and then gets better (only to win fewer games). But that's not what happened. The Bucs have regressed in virtually every regard. Most of all, the offseason argument is a copout in that they looked far better in September and October. How do you explain the Atlanta and NO wins? My gut feeling watching this team the last two months is that they're actually WORSE than 4-10. Teams that play consistently 14-21 points behind are bad and when you almost never score in the first quarter, the results are inevitable.
So under most circumstances Sparky would be right, but I humbly and respectfully must disagree with him. This is a trend you want to nip in the bud now. The Bucs look horrific. And that calls for massive changes because it's not going to bear fruit in one year or five.

In Verner We Trust

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 23, 2011, 06:02:34 PM

I don't normally agree with Sparky, but the point of continuity is always worth considering. Given how undisciplined and how they have simply given up in games, however, it's tough to hold firm on that case. I could handle being 6-8 right now with only a few duds. But they have looked terrible in more than half their games. Then one must examine last year's 10-6 season. Hey, 10 wins is 10 wins. But based on their point differential and strength of schedule, they played like a team that would win 8.7 games. Generally that doesn't concern me. But their wins OFTEN seem more like gifts than good efforts: Cincy turning it over multiple times late after outplaying the Bucs for most of the game, the St. Louis fiasco (with one of the worst first halves by a Bucs team prior to this season), the Washington slop in the rain (won when they couldn't attempt the tying extra point), etc. Often a team gains confidence from such wins and then gets better (only to win fewer games). But that's not what happened. The Bucs have regressed in virtually every regard. Most of all, the offseason argument is a copout in that they looked far better in September and October. How do you explain the Atlanta and NO wins? My gut feeling watching this team the last two months is that they're actually WORSE than 4-10. Teams that play consistently 14-21 points behind are bad and when you almost never score in the first quarter, the results are inevitable.
So under most circumstances Sparky would be right, but I humbly and respectfully must disagree with him. This is a trend you want to nip in the bud now. The Bucs look horrific. And that calls for massive changes because it's not going to bear fruit in one year or five.

The schedule next year is another tough one. A new HC will have a triple excuse of new coaches, new system, and very likely still the youngest roster in the league. I don't want to see that situation repeated over and over again. Raheem knows right now what most of his roster is going to look like next year. He also knows what coaching changes need to be made. Give the man a fair chance to get it right. He was one bad call away from the playoffs last year. The team's record should have been 11-5 IN HIS SECOND YEAR as HC. He has a rapport with these young men that no new guy can develop in a reasonable length of time. I want to make certain he's not ready before we ship him out. Raheem has a better chance of turning things around in a single season. I believe he can do it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 23, 2011, 06:10:58 PM

LOL - okay - don't change for fear of someone worse.... three years surely hasn't been enough as the progress is clear... his rapport? that part where Raheem tells you the team quit on him? 

Come on guys.  If you want Raheem to stay that is fine.  But surely you can think of something better than what is being offered.  Honestly I cannot find a single reason for Raheem to be the HC next year, nor for Olson to be the OC... but that is immaterial.  I have already opined the owners will be keeping Raheem - the rest doesn't matter.  But there is nothing good coming from this current season, not an iota of progress or positive beyond the ST kicking game. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I believe Raheem should stay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools