Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I believe Raheem should stay « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 23, 2011, 06:12:37 PM

I don't normally agree with Sparky, but the point of continuity is always worth considering. Given how undisciplined and how they have simply given up in games, however, it's tough to hold firm on that case. I could handle being 6-8 right now with only a few duds. But they have looked terrible in more than half their games. Then one must examine last year's 10-6 season. Hey, 10 wins is 10 wins. But based on their point differential and strength of schedule, they played like a team that would win 8.7 games. Generally that doesn't concern me. But their wins OFTEN seem more like gifts than good efforts: Cincy turning it over multiple times late after outplaying the Bucs for most of the game, the St. Louis fiasco (with one of the worst first halves by a Bucs team prior to this season), the Washington slop in the rain (won when they couldn't attempt the tying extra point), etc. Often a team gains confidence from such wins and then gets better (only to win fewer games). But that's not what happened. The Bucs have regressed in virtually every regard. Most of all, the offseason argument is a copout in that they looked far better in September and October. How do you explain the Atlanta and NO wins? My gut feeling watching this team the last two months is that they're actually WORSE than 4-10. Teams that play consistently 14-21 points behind are bad and when you almost never score in the first quarter, the results are inevitable.
So under most circumstances Sparky would be right, but I humbly and respectfully must disagree with him. This is a trend you want to nip in the bud now. The Bucs look horrific. And that calls for massive changes because it's not going to bear fruit in one year or five.

He has a rapport with these young men that no new guy can develop in a reasonable length of time.

That rapport has given excellent results this year, huh? This team has more talent than that 10-6 team last season and they have played beyond sh!tty this year and the schedule hasnt been the reason...you could argue that if team were competitive almost every week...but they have laid down 8( what will probably be 10) straight games...and they looked just as pathetic in the Det and SF games..Raheem is obviously a terrible defensive playcaller and even worse at getting his squad ready to play.....to think he is HC material given the current evidence...is being naive.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#31 : December 23, 2011, 06:24:20 PM

I don't normally agree with Sparky, but the point of continuity is always worth considering. Given how undisciplined and how they have simply given up in games, however, it's tough to hold firm on that case. I could handle being 6-8 right now with only a few duds. But they have looked terrible in more than half their games. Then one must examine last year's 10-6 season. Hey, 10 wins is 10 wins. But based on their point differential and strength of schedule, they played like a team that would win 8.7 games. Generally that doesn't concern me. But their wins OFTEN seem more like gifts than good efforts: Cincy turning it over multiple times late after outplaying the Bucs for most of the game, the St. Louis fiasco (with one of the worst first halves by a Bucs team prior to this season), the Washington slop in the rain (won when they couldn't attempt the tying extra point), etc. Often a team gains confidence from such wins and then gets better (only to win fewer games). But that's not what happened. The Bucs have regressed in virtually every regard. Most of all, the offseason argument is a copout in that they looked far better in September and October. How do you explain the Atlanta and NO wins? My gut feeling watching this team the last two months is that they're actually WORSE than 4-10. Teams that play consistently 14-21 points behind are bad and when you almost never score in the first quarter, the results are inevitable.
So under most circumstances Sparky would be right, but I humbly and respectfully must disagree with him. This is a trend you want to nip in the bud now. The Bucs look horrific. And that calls for massive changes because it's not going to bear fruit in one year or five.

He has a rapport with these young men that no new guy can develop in a reasonable length of time.

That rapport has given excellent results this year, huh? This team has more talent than that 10-6 team last season and they have played beyond sh!tty this year and the schedule hasnt been the reason...you could argue that if team were competitive almost every week...but they have laid down 8( what will probably be 10) straight games...and they looked just as pathetic in the Det and SF games..Raheem is obviously a terrible defensive playcaller and even worse at getting his squad ready to play.....to think he is HC material given the current evidence...is being naive.

Agreed

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 23, 2011, 06:27:50 PM

RAH-heemie is too much of a buddy to these guys and that doesn't work. Several former NFL guys have said that once a coach loses a team it cannot be regained.  That a change must be done regardless of what happens.  Morris lost this team.  Everyone knows it including him.

Whatever happens, happens but this ship has sailed.

PLUS he flat out sucks as a DC.  His playcalling sucks.  If he can't coach a defense then how the F can he coach a whole freaking team?  Oh...that's right....he can't.

This thread should be titled 'Why we all believe the OP is Mrs. Morris'

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 23, 2011, 06:36:05 PM

Again, I'm gonna stick up for Sparky in this sense. You don't fire him blindly, thinking ANYONE would be a better choice. Reality is that there aren't many good choices out there. If you're not ready to get one of those better choices in here, they're not willing to come here and/or ownership isn't committed to doing things right, then you ride it out another year.
Do I want that? No. But as I stated in another thread IMHO the team CAN get even worse.

In Verner We Trust

Madman

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 23, 2011, 06:38:17 PM

Worse than NOT COMPETING? I'll take my chances. Man expectations have dropped around here.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 23, 2011, 06:40:19 PM

Who said anything about firing him blindly?  And if the Glazers, and i suspect Dominick, can't find someone they feel will do better then they should keep Raheem.  Of course, most would think such a finding was a bit ludicrous - but these are the same folks who raised ticket prices beyond the market, bought their own tickets at a discounted price, then complained when folks would not buy out the stadium to see a less than professional product.  So we cut them some slack as they don't share the same reality as most folks

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 23, 2011, 08:49:09 PM

They fired Dungy and Parcells backed out.
They fired Gruden late and Morris was really their alternate choice.
So they don't have a history of being really good at this.

In Verner We Trust

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 23, 2011, 09:36:22 PM

In his first two years the team showed a marked improvement during each season and over the course of both. Freeman and Foster are keys to the failure of the offense and the defense. I believe a full off-season program and player upgrades around them will put the ship back on course next year. A new HC would be starting from scratch, wasting a season or two learning the things Raheem already knows about these players. New systems and young players rarely have immediate success. We have some great young talent. They need some stability and Raheem has generated a loyalty that was sorely lacking with Jon Gruden. That should not be wasted. Freeman needs to regain his confidence by getting back to basics. Foster needs to build that same confidence, and might need a better position coach. This team is not a finished product, but we do have some great components. We have a franchise QB for the first time in decades, and we have the talent on the DL to build another dynasty. The quickest way to continue building to success requires sticking to the plan and the leadership. We have a foundation for the future. Raheem and Dom laid it.

I want to know how you feel after the acid trip has worn off.

JK you actually have made some good points. If it weren't for the blowout losses, and team unprepared to play, I may agree with you.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 23, 2011, 10:54:52 PM

I'd like to see him get another year, with new OC/DC and cleaning out some assistants.  Possibly also a "consultant".  Wouldn't kill me if he was canned, though.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 23, 2011, 11:52:04 PM

Worse than NOT COMPETING? I'll take my chances. Man expectations have dropped around here.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ISN'T THIS THE TRUTH!?!?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#40 : December 24, 2011, 12:03:20 AM

It's plain and simple ...it's not so much the record as it is HOW they are playing ...and more importantly how they have been playing worse and worse as the season has worn on.  Heck even as a DC Raheem is a complete failure as his defense keeps regressing even though the overall talent level has improved (we think!).  You can't use the lockout as an excuse 15 games into the season ...it just doesn't fly anymore.  I would consider keeping Raheem if the team was at least competing week in and week out but these games are over by halftime if not sooner.  Admit it, in the past 8 games as soon as the opponent went up by 2 scores you knew the game was done.  That's not a coaching staff that deserves another year.  And who's to say a new staff will start all over with a bunch of rookies ...maybe a competent staff can mold the talent we have, sprinkle in some much needed veteran leadership, and set this ship back on the right course.  I don't think that can happen under Raheem as there's just now too much bad blood and doom and gloom under his watch ...a complete break is what is needed.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 24, 2011, 01:51:22 PM

laughing a 1sparkbuc

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 24, 2011, 01:55:04 PM

Rah should stay... This teams is filled with rook's at every position from players to coaches... Give him next season and just bring in a new OC... Look for improvement (especially with next years schedule) and if it isn't there cut the cord...

^^^Dumb Post of the Day.

Next year's schedule is more like this year's schedule.
You're saying you want Rah to be a lame duck coach next year??

You can, but I'm not willing to "like" another potential Wasted Season in 2012.
Dumb Post of the Day? Really?
A full offseason with the guys he selected and next years schedule should show where this team is...

You are the dumb ass of the board... every day...
You need to check out Morgan - clearly the leader in this category

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 24, 2011, 02:20:49 PM

I'd like to see him get another year, with new OC/DC and cleaning out some assistants.  Possibly also a "consultant".  Wouldn't kill me if he was canned, though.
you're finally starting to crack.  ;)

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 24, 2011, 03:56:26 PM

bump....for Comedy

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I believe Raheem should stay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools