Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE HUMBLING OF RAHEEM MORRIS AND CO. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 22, 2011, 07:25:51 PM

Trade for Tebow.

Meh, if we do that id want to keep Freeman as well in case tebow couldn't win here.
: December 22, 2011, 07:27:51 PM BucBalla85

tonto

Starter

#16 : December 22, 2011, 07:26:41 PM

I respect your insight, Chidi, however  it's one thing for fans to be patient while the inexperienced, young players develop, but  it's another thing to be patient while the inexperienced, young coach and gm develop.  We are told to fork out $100+ a game to see the coach learn on the job, teaching young players to learn at the same time.  It's not Raheem's fault he was hired.  But it's not the fan's fault either.  3 years in, and we're still being reminded how young and inexperienced this team, i.e., players and coach are.

John McKay coached a young, inexperienced team, but he was a seasoned professional.  I don't mind patience in that scenario.  The current situation is much different.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : December 22, 2011, 07:29:49 PM

I respect your insight, Chidi, however  it's one thing for fans to be patient while the inexperienced, young players develop, but  it's another thing to be patient while the inexperienced, young coach and gm develop.  We are told to fork out $100+ a game to see the coach learn on the job, teaching young players to learn at the same time.  It's not Raheem's fault he was hired.  But it's not the fan's fault either.  3 years in, and we're still being reminded how young and inexperienced this team, i.e., players and coach are.

John McKay coached a young, inexperienced team, but he was a seasoned professional.  I don't mind patience in that scenario.  The current situation is much different.

I totally agree.   I think it's time to fire Morris.  Bring in someone who can provide some true leadership and impart some knowledge upon these young players.   Let Raheem go back into the assistant coaching pool for the next 5 to 10 years and learn more.  Maybe he can get another shot as a head coach again somewhere else after that.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#18 : December 22, 2011, 07:31:18 PM

Has anyone ever heard of other folks saying anything like this after having met Freeman?

First time I have heard anything like it. Most people talk about how humble he is. Maybe Chidi got his feeling hurt a little bit. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 22, 2011, 07:32:54 PM

Could be. Now that you mention that it is the first time I heard that. Maybe you caught Freeman at a bad time.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 22, 2011, 07:50:43 PM

Could be. Now that you mention that it is the first time I heard that. Maybe you caught Freeman at a bad time.

How many people do you know who have met Freeman in person at an event other than one he was paid to be there as a media event to promote the Bucs?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 22, 2011, 07:52:23 PM

I've met Freeman Rah and Dom.

Freeman is stubborn and will say what he thinks. If there IS an attitude, it's probably because he feels he HAS to fill the leadership void.

Rah talks forever and will blindside you with the math of the game. A bit of a jabberjaw, but you would get that from just his interviews alone. Dude is just happy he won the lottery.

Dom is just a people person who would pretty much get along with anyone. If he's not getting dragged off somewhere, he'll talk your ears off.

If there is a problem attitude wise, I would say JF. So much on his shoulders and came to a team with little to no leadership. And again (besides college), a lack of a strong OL.

Personally, if he's "pissed," I think it's a good thing. He should be. Arrogance is sometimes mistaken for leadership and visa verse, so sometimes it's hard to tell.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#22 : December 22, 2011, 07:55:59 PM

Wow.

+1

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 22, 2011, 08:02:05 PM

I remember a game earlier in the year but can't recall who the announcers were.....anyway during the game it was mentioned that part of the Bucs problem was they thought too much of themselves......gotten too c.o.c.k.y......wish I hadn't deleted every single game now so I could check it out.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#24 : December 22, 2011, 08:05:37 PM

I remember a game earlier in the year but can't recall who the announcers were.....anyway during the game it was mentioned that part of the Bucs problem was they thought too much of themselves......gotten too c.o.c.k.y......wish I hadn't deleted every single game now so I could check it out.

My guess is Freeman probably gets that c*cky attitude from Morris. Morris is arrogant in even when everything clearly shows he'd doing a piss-poor job.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 22, 2011, 08:12:38 PM

My guess is Freeman probably gets that c*cky attitude from Morris. Morris is arrogant in even when everything clearly shows he'd doing a piss-poor job.

Show me a franchise QB who isn't coc*ky and arrogant to a degree.....comes with the territory.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 22, 2011, 08:19:12 PM

Right because Freeman etc are the only guys in the NFL that are like that....even if it's true.  I've talked to and met people that have met Freeman before and they always say what a nice, cool and laid back guy he is....

Chidi is the media now...I honestly don't blame Freeman for acting like that...

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#27 : December 22, 2011, 08:24:25 PM

Chide I agree with your message in theory,

but I also agree with the below as a season ticket holder.

Best Article from this board in years though.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 22, 2011, 08:40:58 PM

I'd be interested to find out if Free is usually like this, if it's just the media, or just Chidi.

Is Free active in the community? Available for autographs and things?

Like someone else said - Chidi is the media now. Maybe he hates the media, or maybe he's a d!ck. I need more than 1 persons observation.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 22, 2011, 08:41:32 PM

How did Ron Freeman go from not knowing who Chidi was one minute to knowing he was tagged as a franchise player for the Bucs the next?  I mean, I understand saying "I'm Chidi Ahanotu.  I played for the Bucs."  But adding "I was the franchise player" or something along those lines is a bit arrogant as well.

I guess Freeman might not be the only guy in that exchange with an ego.
: December 22, 2011, 08:43:50 PM Biggs3535

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE HUMBLING OF RAHEEM MORRIS AND CO. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools