Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE HUMBLING OF RAHEEM MORRIS AND CO. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 22, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »

lol

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 22, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

How did Ron Freeman go from not knowing who Chidi was one minute to knowing he was tagged as a franchise player for the Bucs the next?

I guess you didn't read the article.   Chidi stated that he had a fairly long conversation with the dude prior to Josh coming up.   An educated guess is that Chidi mentioned that in the conversation.   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #32 : December 22, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »

How did Ron Freeman go from not knowing who Chidi was one minute to knowing he was tagged as a franchise player for the Bucs the next?

I guess you didn't read the article.   Chidi stated that he had a fairly long conversation with the dude prior to Josh coming up.   An educated guess is that Chidi mentioned that in the conversation.

You don't say?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #33 : December 22, 2011, 09:02:19 PM »

Well it is also known that the Chidi Franchising was one of the most colossally screwed up Franchise Tagging in league history. If you don't remember, the rules at that time stated that if you tag a player w/ the franchise tag, and then trade him or sign him to a new contract, you lose all ability to franchise tag any other player until that contract comes to full term. Rich McKay tagged him then had him sign a new deal (5 yrs IIRC) prior to March 1, which caused the Bucs to be unable to franchise anyone for 5 yrs, hence we couldn't tag Sapp when his deal was up.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 22, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »

.....Mr. Freeman said, “Hey Josh, this is Chidi Ahanotu. He played nine years for the Buccaneers. He was the franchise player.”

With a haughty air of arrogance and utter disregard, without looking at me, Josh offered a quick limp hand shake to me and said only, “Hey. C’mon dad. Let’s go”. And Josh walked away."

Okay. I've solved the riddle!!!! Josh Freeman is BucsFTW!!

"After all, the Bucs owners have to appease the angry mob of fans clamoring for Morris’ head on a stick and appease the fans threatening to not buy season tickets anymore."

Chidi, Chidi. I'm sure they are going to fire him because all the fans are pissed and threatening to not buy tickets. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that we have lost 8 straight games, the team is totally unprepared to play on Gameday, and we have been blown out several times and by some of the worst teams in the NFL. Yet, the reason you point to is that the fans are pissed and not going to buy tickets...I have to disagree. His performance alone is why he will be fired.

BTW, this is the absolute best article I have read on PR since back in the day when SR was pumping out great articles. Keep it up!!

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 22, 2011, 09:06:51 PM »

I always thought franchising him was nuts.   But the franchise tag has always been messed up.   

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 22, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »

Well it is also known that the Chidi Franchising was one of the most colossally screwed up Franchise Tagging in league history. If you don't remember, the rules at that time stated that if you tag a player w/ the franchise tag, and then trade him or sign him to a new contract, you lose all ability to franchise tag any other player until that contract comes to full term. Rich McKay tagged him then had him sign a new deal (5 yrs IIRC) prior to March 1, which caused the Bucs to be unable to franchise anyone for 5 yrs, hence we couldn't tag Sapp when his deal was up.

Yeah, but IIRC Sapp would have signed here for less money. In fact, I know I remember hearing him say that. They didn't want Sapp back, or else they would have at least made an offer, right?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 22, 2011, 09:11:53 PM »

Letting Sapp go didn't bother me near as much as letting Lynch go.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 22, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »

Wow some of you people are so narrow minded. Like Chidi is a high character guy. Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt and if true why wait until now to write this crap? Sorry but if this is the type of stuff this website is going to condone and publish its no wonder its going to hell faster than the BUCS losing. Chidi is a joke, just look at him as a player and person, you wanna talk about arrogant, look in the mirror Chidi.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 22, 2011, 09:23:42 PM »

Wow some of you people are so narrow minded. Like Chidi is a high character guy. Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt and if true why wait until now to write this crap? Sorry but if this is the type of stuff this website is going to condone and publish its no wonder its going to hell faster than the BUCS losing. Chidi is a joke, just look at him as a player and person, you wanna talk about arrogant, look in the mirror Chidi.

Do you know Chidi?

Have you ever even met him?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #40 : December 22, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »

10 pages, Great article, keep it on topic boys, this **CENSORED** has potential.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #41 : December 22, 2011, 09:48:17 PM »

I'd love for Warren Sapp to read this and give us his opinion.   I hear Warren and Chidi had their moments where they didn't agree with each other...

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 22, 2011, 09:55:37 PM »

I'd love for Warren Sapp to read this and give us his opinion.   I hear Warren and Chidi had their moments where they didn't agree with each other...

True. Sapp demanded everyone play to a high standard. I think that's where the issue was. Chidi didn't seem to like this and seemed to have rejected Sapp's "leadership". I'm guessing Sapp wasn't interested in hearing when HE had a bad play himself. Just my best guess.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #43 : December 22, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »

10 pages, Great article, keep it on topic boys, this **CENSORED** has potential.

^^^ this ^^^

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #44 : December 22, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »

Yeah, but IIRC Sapp would have signed here for less money. In fact, I know I remember hearing him say that. They didn't want Sapp back, or else they would have at least made an offer, right?

As I remember, both Gruden and Kiffin wanted Sapp but McKay was convinced Booger was better. I actually remember Monte saying (at a Gasparilla  party) "Warren is the biggest PITA I have ever coached but I wouldn't trade him for all the damn gold in Fort Knox." just before McKay let him walk. IIRC we had the cap room to tag him, but we didn't have a tag, and a long term deal couldn't be done because we were in cap hell.

I do know Monte and Sapp did not get along. There was some real friction between them. But it was McKay that made the decision to let him walk.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE HUMBLING OF RAHEEM MORRIS AND CO. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools