Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Players that see things WAYYY different « previous next »
Page: 1

1040Buc

Practice Squad
« : December 23, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

What a difference.  You have two guys (Freeman and Winslow) that dress in the same locker room, practice on the same field and play with the same players, but have vastly different views of what this team is made of, or not made of. 

On one side, you have Freeman talking on his radio show about how guys are not giving a 100% effort(and from watching these last weeks of horror flicks I would have to agree).

•   Steve Duemig: Raheem is the leader of this football team. He’s the coach. But leadership comes from inside that locker room. Are you seeing guys step up in a leadership role?
•   Josh Freeman: You know, I am and then, I mean, you don’t, you know. Opportunities to lead when the game’s going on, when we’re struggling like this. Jeff Faine steps up all the time [and] says a lot. I try to get these guys going, get them motivated for practice, get them motivated in the game. You know, I think Kellen Winslow’s done a pretty good job. … I mean, this is the NFL, you know. You have to treat it with the respect it deserves. You have to go about it with a passion, with a lot of pride. And, you know, I can’t honestly say I see everybody doing that.
Then there is the SOLDIER.  He says that “RAH,” aka. Coach Morris, is the ultimate motivator and that the guys in that locker room would “give their right arm for the guy.”  Really??!!!   

•   “We really need this guy; he is the main part of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We need that guy. I just can’t say enough about him. …And I think I’m speaking for the team. This is how everybody feels. You know, they would give their right arm for this guy. We didn’t have a good season. We’ll try to finish out the last two games, but we need this guy to move on to the next year. And you know, just move on, man. We gotta move on from this year. He’s just the heart of this team.”

And why do we have to move on from this year?  You checked out, soldier?  Don’t we still have two games left to play, against divisional opponents I might add.  Does he speak for the “whole team” when he talks about moving on to next year.  And I have to wonder, when did Winslow and others(including Coach Morris who mentioned this week about looking at next year) actually start thinking about the 2012 season?  My guess would be right after week 11, from the performance on the field since.  Because aside from their right arm, I am not even seeing them give a “half-a$$” effort on most plays.  My eyes are seeing more of what Freeman is seeing.

I think that Winslow is very nervous about having a new coach come in.  One that won’t be “his boy” and not tolerate half the stuff that “Rah” has allowed.  But he better change his mind set.  I think that it is going to be extremely hard for the Glazers to justify keeping Coach Morris.  If they do keep him and get a new set of coordinators, who will come here with a coach in a lame-duck situation?  These guys are not going to move their families when they may only be here for a year. And if the Glazer’s extended Morris’s contract the Tampa Bay area’s reaction would look like Chernobyl.   

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 23, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »

The Glazers either find a new HC or they extend Morris.

MarineBuc

Starter

« #2 : December 23, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »

I just don't see how you can extend a coach with a 17-29 overall record...AND after finishing the season on what certainly likes like it's going to be a 10 game losing streak...OR never been to the playoffs

I just cannot fathom that...

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #3 : December 23, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »

I hope we trade or cut Winslow.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 23, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

I just don't see how you can extend a coach with a 17-29 overall record...AND after finishing the season on what certainly likes like it's going to be a 10 game losing streak...OR never been to the playoffs

I just cannot fathom that...

Anything is possible....  :o

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 23, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »

On one side, you have Freeman talking on his radio show about how guys are not giving a 100% effort(and from watching these last weeks of horror flicks I would have to agree).

•   Steve Duemig: Raheem is the leader of this football team. He’s the coach. But leadership comes from inside that locker room. Are you seeing guys step up in a leadership role?
•   Josh Freeman: You know, I am and then, I mean, you don’t, you know. Opportunities to lead when the game’s going on, when we’re struggling like this. Jeff Faine steps up all the time [and] says a lot. I try to get these guys going, get them motivated for practice, get them motivated in the game. You know, I think Kellen Winslow’s done a pretty good job. … I mean, this is the NFL, you know. You have to treat it with the respect it deserves. You have to go about it with a passion, with a lot of pride. And, you know, I can’t honestly say I see everybody doing that.

WOW. That's pretty much an exact quote. Good job. Is that interview posted online?

@Vince - this is the interview I was talking about yesterday.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 23, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »

That says it all doesn't it?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 23, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »

so your saying two different people have two different viewpoints on the exact same subject?  GTFO!!!

next youre going to tell us people talk to the media differently from person to person and that some are more candid than others.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Players that see things WAYYY different « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools