Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow said he believes Chudzinski will make a great head coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : December 23, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »

Around the NFC South

December, 23, 2011

Source:   ESPN
By Pat Yasinskas

Time for a look at the Friday morning headlines around the NFC South.

When the Falcons and Saints play Monday night, the two shortest players in the NFL will be on the field. Atlanta running back Jacquizz Rodgers and New Orleans running back Darren Sproles are 5-foot-6. The Falcons gradually have been creating a bigger role for Rodgers. They might be wise to take notes on how the Saints use Sproles.

They’ll be holding a reunion for University of Miami tight ends at Bank of America Stadium when the Panthers host the Bucs on Saturday. Carolina’s Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey and Tampa Bay’s Kellen Winslow all played at Miami. Carolina offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski was the Miami tight ends coach. In related news, Winslow said he believes Chudzinski will make a great head coach. Chudzinski’s name has popped up as a coordinator on the rise and he could be interviewed for some top jobs after the season.

Although specific details of the draft-pick compensation the Saints will receive for trading Reggie Bush to Miami in the summer are not known, Mike Triplett reports what New Orleans gets is not tied to Bush’s on-field performance.

Tampa Bay linebacker Geno Hayes, who can become a free agent after the season, said there have been no talks about a contract extension. But Hayes said he would like to remain with the Buccaneers.

Tampa Bay cornerback Myron Lewis, a third-round pick last season, hasn’t received a lot of playing time. But, with Aqib Talib lost for the season, Lewis should at least be active Saturday at Carolina, and he might get a chance to validate his draft position.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #1 : December 23, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »

At least Chud knows how to build a scheme to fit his talent rather than making your talent play your scheme.

Olsen and Raheem's demise.....they never learned round pegs don't fit in square holes.....

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #2 : December 23, 2011, 01:18:07 PM »

Im sick of reading what that quitter has to say, trade his ass

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 23, 2011, 03:29:39 PM »

At least Chud knows how to build a scheme to fit his talent rather than making your talent play your scheme.

Olsen and Raheem's demise.....they never learned round pegs don't fit in square holes.....

actually, if a round peg/hole and a square peg/hole have the same diameter, the round peg will fit into a square hole. However, the square peg will not fit into the round hole.

just for future reference, the phrase should always be a square peg into a round hole. otherwise the meaning is completely lost. lol

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #4 : December 23, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »

After trying my best to defend my position on round pegs into square holes I have drawn a blank and will admit my mistake. I will offer this as a response: if diameters are equivilant at thier widest then round pegs will not fit into trianglular holes or trapezoid holes, but will fit into pentagons, parallelograms, and octagons. Rectangles would of course require an equivolant diameter at the shortest length.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 23, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »

Rob Chudzinski our new head coach and Steve Spagnuolo, our new DC would be a good substitute for the current regime.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 23, 2011, 04:01:41 PM »

Completely agreed. I'd happily bring him in as head coach(or at least throw a lot of cash to see if he'd be our OC), this guy understands how to succeed in this league. It's amazing how rare open minded coaches really are, as so many of them suffer from extreme stubbornness.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 23, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »

After trying my best to defend my position on round pegs into square holes I have drawn a blank and will admit my mistake. I will offer this as a response: if diameters are equivilant at thier widest then round pegs will not fit into trianglular holes or trapezoid holes, but will fit into pentagons, parallelograms, and octagons. Rectangles would of course require an equivolant diameter at the shortest length.

I see you also suffer from OCD. I understand, if no one else did. I will now use the phrase, "Can't fit a cylindrical peg into a trapzoidal hole."

Chuds has the potential to be an excellent HC someday.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 23, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »

Rob Chudzinski our new head coach and Steve Spagnuolo, our new DC would be a good substitute for the current regime.

Coaches that currently have a 5-9 and 2-12 record.......now THAT'S something to get excited about!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : December 23, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »

You must have missed what they've done as coordinators. Chudzinksi has worked wonders w/ Cam Newton and the Panther's offense. Spagnuoo was previously the defensive coordinator of the New York Giants from January 2007 to January 2009, and also served for eight years under defensive coordinator Jim Johnson of the Philadelphia Eagles.
« : December 23, 2011, 07:24:37 PM morgan »

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 23, 2011, 07:37:19 PM »

You must have missed what they've done as coordinators. Chudzinksi has worked wonders w/ Cam Newton and the Panther's offense. Spagnuoo was previously the defensive coordinator of the New York Giants from January 2007 to January 2009, and also served for eight years under defensive coordinator Jim Johnson of the Philadelphia Eagles.

The same was being said about Olson and Freeman last season. No saying Chudzinksi might not be great but It's an eerily similar comparison. Time will tell with both Newton and Chudz and regardless of what Spagnuola may have done working under other head coaches, he still carries the 2-12 stank with him in St. Louis.....but....the grass is always greener, right?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 23, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »

The same was being said about Olson and Freeman last season. No saying Chudzinksi might not be great but It's an eerily similar comparison. Time will tell with both Newton and Chudz and regardless of what Spagnuola may have done working under other head coaches, he still carries the 2-12 stank with him in St. Louis.....but....the grass is always greener, right?
Don't know about the grass, but I do know waist deep in waste....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 23, 2011, 07:45:13 PM »

Coaches that currently have a 5-9 and 2-12 record.......now THAT'S something to get excited about!

I guess if one looks at a coaching w/l record, that head coach from the Patriots wouldn't have ever been hired.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 23, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »

I guess if one looks at a coaching w/l record, that head coach from the Patriots wouldn't have ever been hired.

...but therein lies the dilemma. It really has less to do with coaching and more about the situation a coach walks into   (i.e. players' stages of development and health). What would Tony Dungy's coaching legacy have been if Manning had been going thru his current situation when he first arrived?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 23, 2011, 08:52:16 PM »

All Rob can control is the offense, and that offense is #5 in the league with a rookie QB! Bringing up his teams W/L record is irrelevant, the offense is not why that team isn't good.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow said he believes Chudzinski will make a great head coach « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools