Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would like to pose a draft question to you Buc fans. « previous next »
Page: 1

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

: December 23, 2011, 06:48:47 PM

If Kalil somehow slips and Mo Claiborne is still on the board who do we take? and why?

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 23, 2011, 06:59:39 PM

If we were to draft Kalil, would we move Penn to RT? Honestly, center is the most glaring need of our offensive line. Jeff Faine might be the worst in the whole league. Not only is he awful, he's just completely undersized. He's like a little pudgy bowling ball with American flag knee braces. I would just laugh if I was a defensive linemen going up against him. I'd go at him every chance I could get. We need to do whatever we can to get Mike Brewster in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#2 : December 23, 2011, 07:07:01 PM

Yes, Faine needs to be replaced but so does Trueblood.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 23, 2011, 07:13:50 PM

So if we were to draft Kalil does that mean we start him at LT and move Penn to RT? God if we were able to draft Kalil and Brewster, sign Carl Nicks in free agency.......Kalil, Nicks, Brewster, Joseph and Penn. Freeman would have 30 minutes to throw.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 23, 2011, 08:00:15 PM

We gave Penn a HUGE contract just two seasons ago, and he has played well for the vast majority of the time. I don't think Kalil answers a need for us.

Take some OL players later, we need elite talent on offense.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 23, 2011, 08:33:49 PM

^ I agree. Look at a team like the Browns. They actually have a pretty damn good line but not really any weapons on offense so it does nothing for them. We just have so many needs you could make an argument to take a player at just about any position with the top 5 pick.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 23, 2011, 08:50:36 PM

Tough call. I'd be happy with either. But at this point I'm inclined to think that Claiborne would help us more.

In Verner We Trust

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#7 : December 23, 2011, 08:51:10 PM

Give me Kalil, and see if Konz falls to the top of the 2nd. If not Brewster in the 2nd.
Have Kalil play RT for a few years(He's only 22) then have him take over for Penn. 

We can fix our DB problem in FA, Grimes & Finnegan.

Kalil and Konz, with LaMichael James in the 3rd is a sexy draft...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 23, 2011, 09:19:53 PM

If it was me, I would go after a CB in free agency. Finnegan, or Grimes. I would draft Kalil. I love Clayborne and I think he will be a very good corner at the next level, but our Oline really needs help. Our offense has been the catalyst for this breakdown of a season. Our offensive line is probably the worst in all of football and the only thing Dom has done is bring in UDFA players as backups and re-signed the existing players who were underperforming. it's time to address it. If I was GM I may go Oline 1-2-3 in this draft and get a OT, G, and C. 

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 23, 2011, 09:23:21 PM

our oline players arent the problem. Penn, Larsen, Zutah, Joseph, Lee were fine last year... then we fired Mangurian because Olson got power-hungry.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#10 : December 23, 2011, 09:29:40 PM

our oline players arent the problem. Penn, Larsen, Zutah, Joseph, Lee were fine last year... then we fired Mangurian because Olson got power-hungry.

That was last year, and this is this year...We need help. RT, LG, and C are weak spots on the line.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 23, 2011, 09:32:27 PM

Id be ok with revamping the Oline. Would tremendously help Freeman and the RBs out going forward.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 24, 2011, 12:51:37 AM

no, we need to fire Olson and beg Mangurian to come back. A bunch of young guys just got bad after we fired the OLINE coach and hired someone that Olson likes? I don't buy it. Larsen, Hardman, Lee, They can all play and Zutah is a good center. Olson and the new coach are the problem.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 24, 2011, 01:17:55 AM

In that scenario I still see us taking Clairborne. It's easier to find above average linemen later on than corners. We may even get a True replacement in free agency. But if anything our biggest need for the OL is center.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would like to pose a draft question to you Buc fans. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools