Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden apology letter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 24, 2011, 06:44:52 PM

To glorify an average coach who won a Super Bowl with an all time great defense is laughable. Yes he was the head coach but let's be honest part if the reason we are so bad is because Gruden couldn't draft anybody worth a damn, hence NO DEPTH AT ANY POSITION. You wanna talk about how great Gruden was, other than the Super Bowl season how many playoff games did we get to? How many playoff wins? Criticize Rah all you want but Gruden is not much better and let's not forget when Gruden got here we spent a helluva lot more money and had Hall of Fame players that he had nothing to do with. Gruden is a joke and one of the most overrated offensive coaches ever. Name one offensive player Gruden ever developed that is or was worth a damn. Do we need to rehash all the wasted bull**CENSORED** draft picks under his regime? Let's not forget most of these busts were drafted by the great midget himself. Screw Jon Gruden!!
I respect your opinion and have voiced mine. He had more irons in the fire to deal with tho and to remove them out and say he was as bad as you state I can't agree. Rich McKay did damaged to this team,thus is the reason Bruce Allen was brought in. The Glazers have done worst now and even now show why Gruden and Bruce really had no control over the money.

Dungy came in to put a foundation and structure with the touch of having Kiffen compliment him. Gruden put the finishing touches on it through the offense and needed a better OC and not Olsen. The Glazers and local media really have screwed this team over. Someone needs to tell the King he is naked and put his clothes back on. We will need to refurbish this defense and try to find a OC that will revamp the offense...JMVHO...OBD
I would have phrased a response differently - but I agree with you OBD.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 24, 2011, 07:03:10 PM

I supported the firing of Gruden, and still do. However, it is obvious at this point there is a serious drop off in coaching ability when comparing Gruden and Morris

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 24, 2011, 07:23:16 PM

I was a Gruden fan, as you know. Still, Coach Gruden wore out his welcome here. Too many of this players turned against him. Three quarters of the team wasn't even listening to him when he spoke.

I saw potential in Coach Morris. He hasn't lived up to it. This past season, the coaching at OBP was the most disorganized I've seen it in as long as I can remember. It has, IMO, been a very unprofessional environment and I was more or less chastised for saying so out loud.

Things are as bad as they have ever been in the new building. Change is required, I don't see how the current coaching staff can recover this team without some sort of miracle.
DTG,
Everyone has potential now if they can exercise sound judgement with it then maybe they can do what the potential expectency can lead them to do. In this case Raheem was not prepared nor was he ready. He was thrusted two positions above his understanding of the game which hurt his growth as a leader on the field. Most of us who saw the Buddy Buddy system knew that would be a disaster for failure. The problem was Raheem saw the money and couldn't see the smoke going up the perverbial skirt being spewed by the Glazers. We all knew he was hired due to financial issues of expenditure. In other words The Glazers couldn't afford a true Head Coach with Gruden still hanging over their head and they had a cheap Coach coming up the ranks and they were hoping to fool him into believing their pipe dream they were feeding him...Money did Cloud Raheems Judgement and he will be forever tainted by this experience. I blame this strictly on the Glazers...OBD
: December 24, 2011, 07:26:30 PM ONEBIGDADDY

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 24, 2011, 07:26:04 PM

BRING HIM BACK!!!!!
keep Dominick too

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#34 : December 24, 2011, 07:41:40 PM

The Buccaneers entire organization and fan base is deeply sorry for firing you.  The team has had it's ups and downs under you, but we have taken your expertise for granted and would like to have you back.

If it will take a "financial apology" to get you back, our owners should be willing to listen to your demands.  We now understand that with the lowest payroll for several years now, you got the most out of your team.  If you do come back, at an increase salary, of course, we will spend money in free agency, but we will also continue to attemp to buld through the draft.

If enough people sign this petition, maybe the Pewterreport staff can touch base with Gruden or the Glazers.  Afterall, Gruden is probably our best bet as head coach then whoever else will be available or willing to come here for that matter. 

Please forgive us Jon....

You're a moron. Gruden is Barry Switzer.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 24, 2011, 07:46:22 PM

The Buccaneers entire organization and fan base is deeply sorry for firing you.  The team has had it's ups and downs under you, but we have taken your expertise for granted and would like to have you back.

If it will take a "financial apology" to get you back, our owners should be willing to listen to your demands.  We now understand that with the lowest payroll for several years now, you got the most out of your team.  If you do come back, at an increase salary, of course, we will spend money in free agency, but we will also continue to attemp to buld through the draft.

If enough people sign this petition, maybe the Pewterreport staff can touch base with Gruden or the Glazers.  Afterall, Gruden is probably our best bet as head coach then whoever else will be available or willing to come here for that matter. 

Please forgive us Jon....

You're a moron. Gruden is Barry Switzer.
LOL Barry Switzer...He couldn't hold JG's Jock Strap...JMVHO...OBD

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#36 : December 24, 2011, 08:05:14 PM

HELLO!!!   We got the same results with Gruden.   After the SB, two playoff appearances and they were dismal performances.  We need a real coach and owner that will spend $.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 24, 2011, 08:33:17 PM

Gruden HAD to go.

Glazer's made the wrong replacement hire.

LVBUC2

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 24, 2011, 08:55:31 PM

Raheem Morris's failures shouldn't highlight Gruden's accomplishments.  The guy was a mediocre coach who rode Kiffin's legendary defenses.

Still better than Morris, though.

The thing is, given the payroll and talent level to work with, Gruden did a pretty damn good job.  Can you imagine if Gruden was a coach for a big market team (i.e. Philly, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New York)

We are not a big market team and we had a coach that about 28 other teams would love to have.   It's sickening.  If only we could go back in time...

Remember beside the cheap owners he had to deal with he had to deal with no draft picks.  The team played hard for Gru.  He was a great motivator.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#39 : December 24, 2011, 08:58:02 PM

Gruden worshipers.. where were you last year?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 24, 2011, 08:58:59 PM

Gruden HAD to go.

Glazer's made the wrong replacement hire.

+1

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 24, 2011, 08:59:16 PM

Just because a guy's second wife is a tramp doesn't mean he should've stayed with the first wife that was a b*tch. He just married the wrong woman.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 24, 2011, 09:02:06 PM

Loved Gruden.  Was sorry to see him go.  but I guess you missed the other memo.  YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN.  New times, new situation, no Gruden.  Sorry if you don't get that.

Desmond

Second String

#43 : December 24, 2011, 09:11:40 PM

Gruden was a decent coach. Our offense never really came together under his watch, but that wasn't the reason he was fired. Let me explain some things. Gruden wasn't fired because of his relationship with the players and he wasn't fired for the defensive collapse in 08. Gruden was fired because the Glazers didn't want him and Allen spending money in free agency. The Glazers elected to pay Gruden not to coach for three years so they wouldn't have to pay more money in free agency. It was a business decision.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 24, 2011, 09:12:55 PM

Just because a guy's second wife is a tramp doesn't mean he should've stayed with the first wife that was a b*tch. He just married the wrong woman.

I love this quote.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden apology letter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools