Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Robert Griffin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 24, 2011, 07:57:20 PM

MD please don't draft the bust that is RG3.

Barkely is a better prize next draft (2013).

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 24, 2011, 07:59:55 PM

what about Griffin says bust?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 24, 2011, 08:00:40 PM

Offensive system, lack of size.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 24, 2011, 08:01:00 PM

I swear this fanbase has some of the most ridiculous fans out there.

Idiotic.
what about Freeman's 14-20 collegiate record and 17-22 pro record says he can be a franchise player? He is a loser and a pompous ass. Time to move on with someone who is smart, a playmaker, and will change the culture here.

Lol

I rest my case...
In 6 years as a starter (college and pro), Freeman has been above .500 once. But yes, I'm just an overemotional idiot. No facts at all.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 24, 2011, 08:02:41 PM

He's actually bigger than Barkley and look how Cam is playing this year. Before today, Tebow was enjoying some success and he's not as gifted a passer as Griffin. How many throws from under center have Brees and Brady made this year? I'd guess less than 100 a piece. It's a shot-gun, spread league. Get with it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 24, 2011, 08:02:46 PM

Collegiate Winning records don't matter much at the pro level.  Or else Josh Johnson would be a pro bowler by now.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 24, 2011, 08:03:57 PM

Collegiate Winning records don't matter much at the pro level.  Or else Josh Johnson would be a pro bowler by now.
Tell me the last Super Bowl winning QB to have a losing record in college. None this decade.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : December 24, 2011, 08:05:12 PM

Freeman had his chance today to win the game.. he either can't win or doesn't care enough to try. Either way, he needs to go.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 24, 2011, 08:06:42 PM

He's actually bigger than Barkley and look how Cam is playing this year. Before today, Tebow was enjoying some success and he's not as gifted a passer as Griffin. How many throws from under center have Brees and Brady made this year? I'd guess less than 100 a piece. It's a shot-gun, spread league. Get with it.

RG3 is nothing like Cam, and is lot smaller than people realize. He would struggle without being in a pro styled offense at the pro level.

RG3 = Josh Johnson except RG3 he can throw on the run.

: December 24, 2011, 08:08:20 PM alldaway

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 24, 2011, 08:07:57 PM

Tell me the last Super Bowl winning QB to have a losing record in college. None this decade.

That correlation has no merit if you look at 30 years of QB that have played in a Super Bowl at the NFL level.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 24, 2011, 08:09:10 PM

RG3 is nothing like Cam.and is lot smaller than people realize. He would struggle without being in a pro styled offense at the pro level.

RG3 = Josh Johnson except RG3 he can throw on the run.
The Saints, Patriots, and Packers run an offense much closer to Baylor's than people realize. This is becoming a spread em out, throw the ball down field league and that's what Griffin does. If we're going to draft a Big12 player, we might as well draft one who actually produced (cough, mccoy and freeman)

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 24, 2011, 08:09:37 PM

That correlation has no merit if you look at 30 years of QB that have played in a Super Bowl at the NFL level.
still waiting for a name of one who had a losing record in college.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 24, 2011, 08:17:48 PM

RG3= Troy Smith..no thanks. Stick with Freeman, no rookie QB is going to come in here and do better. Third year as a starter and a decent coaching staff, maybe Freeman will turn it around.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 24, 2011, 08:19:03 PM

I already told you a decade is too small of a sample size.  Not hard to comprehend.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 24, 2011, 08:23:49 PM

I already told you a decade is too small of a sample size.  Not hard to comprehend.
Go back farther than a decade. I'm begging you to find someone. I feel a decade is a great sample size for a multitude of reasons. With all of the mass media today, there aren't many guys slipping through cracks and going to bad schools and losing games who are diamonds in the rough. I think if you have to go back 30 years to find one, that sends a pretty clear message. Today, over half of teams go to bowl games which means have of collegiate teams are .500 or better. Josh Freeman lead his team to a below average 2 of his 3 years in college and an average year once. Josh has been here three years, was the third string (wouldve been 4th had we kept McCown) QB as a rookie, then was good last year and now is back to being what he's always been.

And the Troy Smith comparrisons are dumb. Read a scouting report or watch him play. Dude is a taller version of Mike Vick but instead of going to jail for 2 years, Griffin graduated college in 2 years and got his master's degree in 3.

smart, athletic, big arm, throws down field, and changed the culture of Baylor football from a joke program to a team that can beat anyone on any given Saturday. Seems like something we need because Freeman has taken us from a middle of the tier franchise to a joke once again.

He's Rah's boy. Time for them both to leave.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Robert Griffin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools