Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching at OBP: Most Disorganized I Have Seen in a Long Time « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: December 24, 2011, 05:30:24 PM

This was posted by DTG in the Gruden Apology thread. I wanted to give it its own thread because it says a lot about why
this team looks like crap. Any thoughts I had about keeping Morris at the HC and bringing in a new DC and OC have disappeared.

I was a Gruden fan, as you know. Still, Coach Gruden wore out his welcome here. Too many of this players turned against him. Three quarters of the team wasn't even listening to him when he spoke.

I saw potential in Coach Morris. He hasn't lived up to it. This past season, the coaching at OBP was the most disorganized I've seen it in as long as I can remember. It has, IMO, been a very unprofessional environment and I was more or less chastised for saying so out loud.

Things are as bad as they have ever been in the new building. Change is required,
I don't see how the current coaching staff can recover this team without some sort of miracle.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 24, 2011, 05:33:31 PM

Very disheartening.....

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 24, 2011, 05:40:39 PM

Who is DTG?  A player, an employee??  Current or former??  How is he privy to this "inside the building" perspective?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 24, 2011, 05:41:43 PM

Sad day to be a Buc fan and I haven't even had a chance to watch the game yet.  I thought they would keep Morris also but I don't see how it is possible at this point.  His post game presser all but says he hasn't coached them well enough.  He is talking about teaching them how to tackle better when practices at this point should be about scheming for the other team.  I just wish there were some major positives to cling to.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 24, 2011, 05:52:51 PM

Who is DTG?  A player, an employee??  Current or former??  How is he privy to this "inside the building" perspective?

Former player in the NFL. I don't know who he is but he has access to OBP and practices.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 24, 2011, 06:13:06 PM

They are pure, disorganized garbage.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 24, 2011, 06:37:03 PM

Visitors to practices have been saying this for yrs.  This is what happens when the mailboy becomes CEO in a matter of weeks.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 24, 2011, 06:38:21 PM

Disorganization, slow pace, and poor content at practice was reported throughout Raheem's first season.  Changes in coordinators were completed - supposedly improving matters.  Very disconcerting to hear another report of lack of purpose and direction again. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 24, 2011, 06:42:57 PM

Visitors to practices have been saying this for yrs.  This is what happens when the mailboy becomes CEO in a matter of weeks.

After changes were made at the coordinator positions, I don't recall this being said "for years." Maybe I just missed it. You
have quotes from threads or articles?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 24, 2011, 07:01:48 PM

PR offered that observation at the end of Raheem's first year, and today DTG offered it happening this year. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 24, 2011, 07:04:31 PM

PR offered that observation at the end of Raheem's first year, and today DTG offered it happening this year.

Show me something recent. PR saying something two years ago isn't what I'm asking for.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 24, 2011, 07:07:13 PM

Show me something recent. PR saying something two years ago isn't what I'm asking for.
I haven't seen anything recent except for DTG's comments today. 

indiana76buc

Second String

#12 : December 24, 2011, 07:08:01 PM

i remember Rich Gannon saying practices were sloppy and slow during texans game

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 24, 2011, 07:13:55 PM

You're right. I remember that now. Thanks. He noted that the Red Zone offense was horrible in practice, too.

I guess at 10-6, nobody was going to say anything. Can't blame MD or the Glazers for giving Morris 2011. But this has to stop
once the season ends. They need to bring in a consultant to help them hire the right coaching staff for this team.

sniper5

Second String
#14 : December 24, 2011, 07:53:54 PM

Yep. That was the second time an annoucer mentioned the poor Friday practice this season. Can't remember who the 1st one was (Billick maybe?) but I remember when Gannon said it I thought it was a disturbing trend since it had been mentioned before.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching at OBP: Most Disorganized I Have Seen in a Long Time « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools