Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching at OBP: Most Disorganized I Have Seen in a Long Time « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : December 24, 2011, 11:57:20 PM

For sure ufojoe is a Morris lackey.   But even he now says Raheem should be fired.

No way to Coughlin...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 25, 2011, 01:33:48 AM

DTG, regrading chastising, what was said to you?

I don't want to repeat things verbatim, you know I never really do that. I'll just say after expressing my incredulity over the lack of organization and professionalism I was told that I was being negative, and there's "no room for negativity around here".

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 25, 2011, 01:37:27 AM

DTG, regrading chastising, what was said to you?

I don't want to repeat things verbatim, you know I never really do that. I'll just say after expressing my incredulity over the lack of organization and professionalism I was told that I was being negative, and there's "no room for negativity around here".

LOL    Jeebus H

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 25, 2011, 03:01:01 AM

Unbelievable. Hey, if we don't talk about it, it doesn't exist. Everything is fine!

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 25, 2011, 03:15:44 AM

If Morris gets the axe I will be more surprised than what I've seen on the field this season........This franchise is ranked 11th in the league in profitability and that's good money for the Glazer boys......If they do fire the chestbumper, who takes his place?  The boys have already proven they are completely lost in terms of HC evaluation. They might consider hiring an outside group to handle future hires...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 25, 2011, 03:43:05 AM

They might consider hiring an outside group to handle future hires...

Yes.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 25, 2011, 03:44:16 AM

For sure ufojoe is a Morris lackey.

My lackeyism goes all the way back to when I started this thread...

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1256347.0.html

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 25, 2011, 04:00:02 AM

DTG, are the members of the media present when this disorganization and lack of professionalism takes place? Or is it the
part where the media is not allowed to attend? I ask that because Mark Cook of PR, on the insider board, said that what he
sees at practice is pretty good.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 25, 2011, 04:07:51 AM

This was posted by DTG in the Gruden Apology thread. I wanted to give it its own thread because it says a lot about why
this team looks like crap. Any thoughts I had about keeping Morris at the HC and bringing in a new DC and OC have disappeared.

I was a Gruden fan, as you know. Still, Coach Gruden wore out his welcome here. Too many of this players turned against him. Three quarters of the team wasn't even listening to him when he spoke.

I saw potential in Coach Morris. He hasn't lived up to it. This past season, the coaching at OBP was the most disorganized I've seen it in as long as I can remember. It has, IMO, been a very unprofessional environment and I was more or less chastised for saying so out loud.

Things are as bad as they have ever been in the new building. Change is required,
I don't see how the current coaching staff can recover this team without some sort of miracle.

I've been saying the same thing since January 2009.

And there had been talk for quite awhile by guests, former players, media, etc.. that saw the Bucs at practices and they had said (through sources) it was very disorganized and lacked intensity. A lot of guys just moping around, some not paying attention, etc.. In other words the practices were very laid back. That was the case back in 2009. In 2010, they got an easy schedule. There was some chemistry. Freeman did have a fantastic year. And they were able to win some games. Those wins covered up the problems. And I think people were hoping the problems will solve themselves.

The problem is clearly that Gruden may have lost the team in late 2008....Raheem never had control of it. He was not ready to be a head coach. The promotion was too high, too fast. He wasnt learning Gruden's job. He was learning Monte Kiffin's job. When Monte left, the DC job is what he should have moved into. Then the head coach in time can mentor him how to be a head coach. Raheem may one day be a good head coach. But he needs to take a step back and be a DC somewhere. He'll learn a lot from this experience. And he'll eventually get another shot down the road. He's very young and could still be coaching 30 years from now. And he'll be aware of the mistakes he made here. But he needs to learn under a good, experienced head coach. It's not just X's and O's. You sometimes have to be a parent. You have to motivate, discipline, teach, and demand accountability. Those are the areas where Raheem is seriously lacking skills.

Ultimately, If you want someone to blame and be angry at....blame the Glazers. I REALLY, REALLY think they need to bring in a consultant that not only knows football but how an organization is supposed to be run. Joel and Bryan havnt made one good decision in my opinion when it comes to the football operations of this team. I really dont think they know what they're doing. And right now they really dont have anyone on staff that knows what they're doing either. Doug Williams kinda filled that role but something went south in that relationship. There is no doubt there has been some turmoil in the front office...perhaps some infighting we have not been privy to. That would not be surprising.

I dont think the roster is THAT bad. This roster did beat the Saints and Falcons. They were 10-6 last year and started this year 4-2. There is obviously some good pieces there. But what the team needs most is someone that is going to come in and TAKE CONTROL. The offense is being hampered by a bad defense and a bad OC. A good OC, some development by Freeman, and a deep threat WR would make a huge difference. The defense though needs a lot of work. The DL looks promising, but the secondary is a mess. And Geno and Black don't belong in this league.

There needs to be some serious change at One Buc this offseason. If they go "one more year with the plan" then you can easily assume the Glazers simply don't care. They are just collecting profit.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 25, 2011, 04:41:17 AM

Nobody gives a **** if you said it back in 2009, 2010 or 2011. You didn't win a prize for your negativity and most of the
board thinks you've got issues.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 25, 2011, 05:01:59 AM

Nobody gives a **** if you said it back in 2009, 2010 or 2011. You didn't win a prize for your negativity and most of the
board thinks you've got issues.

Who thinks that? Not many now. Java and I, and a few others, were right all along. Raheem's promotion was a mistake. That's quite clear now. I said it back in Jan of 2009....he's too young. He's too inexperienced. He's going to fail. And I was trashed for suggesting it! HOW WAS I WRONG?

I dont hide behind pewter-colored glasses. I call it as I see it. Im a realist. And I stupidly pay $2,000 a year on season tickets which gives me the right to b**** and moan all I want when I dont agree with the way the team is heading. And I havnt agreed with the way its heading for the last 3 years. And by the looks of that stadium every Sunday...im not the only person in this town that doesnt like the way it's heading.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#41 : December 25, 2011, 06:40:45 AM

I have to give it to cyberdude, he's one of the few who called it right and stuck to his opinion even through many insults thrown his way by the homers.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#42 : December 25, 2011, 08:48:41 AM

No thanx to Fischer.  I would prefer someone with HC'ing experience, but Chudz is making a name for himself, Arians seems to be a fan favorite, and Mularky is ready to step up.  With that being said, I really want Josh McDaniels as our OC...dude worked magic with Cassell and Orton, just imagine what he could do with Freeman.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 25, 2011, 08:59:13 AM

No thanx to Fischer.  I would prefer someone with HC'ing experience, but Chudz is making a name for himself, Arians seems to be a fan favorite, and Mularky is ready to step up.  With that being said, I really want Josh McDaniels as our OC...dude worked magic with Cassell and Orton, just imagine what he could do with Freeman.
and Bradford  ;D

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 25, 2011, 09:05:18 AM

They might consider hiring an outside group to handle future hires...

Yes.
isn't that the traditional job of a GM?  Would you trust Dum with this decision?  I sure as hell wouldn't.  He's just as incompetent.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching at OBP: Most Disorganized I Have Seen in a Long Time « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools