Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Keeping Raheem would be ludicrous « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : December 25, 2011, 06:22:27 AM »

There’s no question Morris is on the hot seat as his team has fallen apart since starting 4-2. I know there’s a small minority out there who say Morris should keep his job, replace himself as defensive coordinator and make a switch at offensive coordinator. Yeah, that’s brilliant and no doubt would put the Bucs straight into the Super Bowl next season. Actually, it’s ludicrous. It’s like having a refrigerator that hasn’t worked in more than two months and saying, “No need to call a repairman or get a new one because this thing just might kick in at any moment." The Bucs keep taking steps back and the team is in total disarray. There’s also the matter of Morris’ contract, which runs through 2012. If the Bucs somehow were even thinking about keeping Morris, they’d have to extend him because you can’t go into a season with a lame-duck coach (just ask the Panthers how that worked out with John Fox last year). If you do, you run the risk of the players tuning out the coach. Looks like some of that already has happened. It would be awfully tough to give Morris an extension as a reward for the way the Bucs have finished this season. I’m sure the fan base would be thrilled if that happens.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/29380/wrap-up-panthers-48-buccaneers-16

indiana76buc

Second String

« #1 : December 25, 2011, 08:04:25 AM »

theres just no way to justify to the fans not $%$#canning this staff they suck theyve had 3 years thats enough the crap we've had to watch the last 9 games is sickening

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #2 : December 25, 2011, 09:06:24 AM »

Hiring Raheem in the first place was ludicrous

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 25, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »

seriously, what the hell were they thinking?  The are not competent enough to make any decisions regarding this team.  now we hear they are interested in Norv Turner....

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #4 : December 25, 2011, 12:36:49 PM »

Hated the hiring three years ago now its just obvious it was a terrible decision.
« : December 25, 2011, 01:06:01 PM bucfan26 »

westexbucfan

Second String

« #5 : December 25, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »

seriously, what the hell were they thinking?  The are not competent enough to make any decisions regarding this team.  now we hear they are interested in Norv Turner....

Where was this heard??? Got a link??

Genesis8510

Starter
« #6 : December 25, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »

There’s no question Morris is on the hot seat as his team has fallen apart since starting 4-2. I know there’s a small minority out there who say Morris should keep his job, replace himself as defensive coordinator and make a switch at offensive coordinator. Yeah, that’s brilliant and no doubt would put the Bucs straight into the Super Bowl next season. Actually, it’s ludicrous. It’s like having a refrigerator that hasn’t worked in more than two months and saying, “No need to call a repairman or get a new one because this thing just might kick in at any moment." The Bucs keep taking steps back and the team is in total disarray. There’s also the matter of Morris’ contract, which runs through 2012. If the Bucs somehow were even thinking about keeping Morris, they’d have to extend him because you can’t go into a season with a lame-duck coach (just ask the Panthers how that worked out with John Fox last year). If you do, you run the risk of the players tuning out the coach. Looks like some of that already has happened. It would be awfully tough to give Morris an extension as a reward for the way the Bucs have finished this season. I’m sure the fan base would be thrilled if that happens.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/29380/wrap-up-panthers-48-buccaneers-16
At least we haven't seen anybody in support of Raheem recently.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 25, 2011, 01:36:01 PM »

Where was this heard??? Got a link??

Our man DTG says so.  Pretty reliable source.  I buy it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 25, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »

Actually there are plenty of idiots still defending this guy lately...

LABuc

Starter
« #9 : December 25, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »

I was one of the Raheem supporters. The team played hard for him, they would never quit no matter how bad we started off in the first half. They always gutted out effort down to the last minute even when we had no chance to win. I don't think anyone thought he was the best choice, but the way everyone played for him, I still think that he deserved a shot back then. Now that he has clearly lost control of the team, he truly must go. He reminds me a lot of Rex Ryan, they both came out trying to hog the media, established a bad image for themselves in the media, and now they both have to eat their words. We never were close to being the best team in the NFC, now we're at the bottom of our own division. I still love this team, but I cannot spend money it, I would merely be giving the owners the belief that I endorse their pathetic ownership.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 25, 2011, 01:46:42 PM »

Plenty?   Poor choice of words.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #11 : December 25, 2011, 03:18:02 PM »

We replaced a Super Bowl winning head coach with a position coach.  Brilliant move.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 25, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »

We replaced a Super Bowl winning head coach with a position coach.  Brilliant move.

didn't seem to cripple Baltimore, oh wait..... he was a special teams coach.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 25, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »

One of the only things more idiotic than defending Morris at this point is your sig pic.

PirateHazin

Practice Squad

« #14 : December 25, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »

Hello,

This is my first post here. As a fan, I feel angry and wanted to vent. The Bucs don't have an official board so I thought this was the one closest to that. I, as a Tampa native want to see the entire One Buc Place
office cleaned out. It hurt to capitalize their name because they don't deserve the respect. I hope and pray that the Glazers read some of what is posted about their cash machine. That being said, I wanted to put in my two cents, which isn't worth that. Please give Tampa some respectability back. I don't demand a "I'm sorry speech", but it is well deserved. Just say you thought you were doing the right thing and you were wrong. Start to fix it now. After the next game, come out and tell your fans that you realize the last 3 years didn't materialize into the results you expected. Tampa fans are the best. They got behind your plan because they wanted to believe it  would work out. It didn't. It has been a disaster. This team could arguably be the worst ever to play in Tampa. That statement says a lot. If you keep the current coach, you are telling every Tampa citizen that you only care about money.  Glazers,,,, you already own the number one sports team in the world, because of Tampa fans no less, give something back...... Give Buccaneer fans to cheer for, one that has a fighting chance to win on Sunday.  The current team we have cant win on Sunday, Saturday, Thursday or any day of the week. Just field a team that has a "chance" to win. Is that too much to ask for this Christmas???????
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Keeping Raheem would be ludicrous « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools