Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne/Blackmon/Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ward7910

Practice Squad
: December 26, 2011, 01:20:52 PM

Personally, I say we should go with Richardson, I think he will come in and be a TOP RB in the league within the first season or two.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 26, 2011, 01:23:03 PM

Claiborne or nothing.. Other two are bad choices when there are areas that need more attention on this team. LB, RT, LG, SS, and C

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 26, 2011, 01:25:22 PM

Blackmon.

Kalil I would take ahead of Blackmon though.

TSKAD72

Starter
#3 : December 26, 2011, 01:35:33 PM

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those three...I think Richardson is the best prospect since Adrian Peterson and will have a very similar impact. He should be a top 3 back going into his 3rd year as a pro. He has it all.

Blackmon is a stud #1 receiver. Has everything you look for except maybe insane straight line speed but he will still probably run around a 4.4. If he runs faster than that he won't be there when we pick.

Claiborne is an excellent cover corner with a knack for making plays on the ball...something this team needs more than anything else (a playmaker). I do think our secondary will look better next year with GMC back and Bowers and Clayborn getting a year under their belts, though. With that being said it's still one of the worst secondaries in the league and Claiborne would instantly be the best player back there.

Unless Tampa trades up to two there's no possible way we're getting Kalil. Out of those three, if I'm GM, I take Claiborne because you could argue he's the BPA and he fills a need. Richardson is very tempting though.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 26, 2011, 02:34:26 PM

TR is the BPA out of those 3.  he could legitimately be the best RB in the league.  doubt I could say the same about the other 2 or Kalil at their respective positions.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 26, 2011, 02:38:00 PM

Claiborne. Claiborne is on the Joe Haden level as far as corners go. We already missed once and drafted an injury plagued bust over an all pro corner. I think Richardson is going to run a 4.5 or close to a 4.6. He has lost A LOT of speed since his freshman year. I like Blackmon and he would give us our best recieivng duo since Key and McCardell

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 26, 2011, 02:40:55 PM

I am leaning more and more toward Richardson.  I think Blount can fill the closer role and share some carries but Trent Richardson is a guy you can build an offense around without having to sacrifce anything

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 26, 2011, 02:47:26 PM

Khalil>Claiborne>Richardson>Reiff>Blackmon.   Although I would still start this team over and take RG3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 26, 2011, 06:39:43 PM

This team needs explosiveness.... and Richardson brings that. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for him since i never get the player i want but damn..... would love to have him.

-------------------------------------------------------

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 26, 2011, 06:43:44 PM

This team needs explosiveness.... and Richardson brings that. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for him since i never get the player i want but damn..... would love to have him.

I like Richardson but lets face it, we have a pretty decent RB in Blount. If Blount wasn't getting tackled in the backfield every time we would have a pretty decent RB. All we need is speed. That can be had in the 3rd round by another Oregon RB in LaMichael James.
Get James in the 3rd, take either Claiborne or Blackmon in the first, a LB in the second and sign a decent guard and center and we have ourselves a whole new OL and some speed at RB. That would dramatically change the offense immediately.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 26, 2011, 06:43:45 PM

I agree Hate, it's hard to pass up a playmaker. Imagine if we got Richardson, then Burfict fell into the high 2nd. How would you feel? Or have you tapered off your Burfict love a bit? I haven't, but I noticed some have.
: December 26, 2011, 06:45:56 PM Captain Hindsight

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 26, 2011, 06:44:13 PM

With our current draft position you don't do much harm just naming one player you would like to have.  Let's not push it further than that though - okay?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 26, 2011, 07:01:37 PM

Thing is we could get an explosive back in the 2nd round. Depending who declares. If the RB class is just as shallow as the corner class, you go with BPA every time. Which in this situation is Richardson. Type of back that will make a mediocre offensive line look better than it is.

sg1977nc

Starter
#13 : December 26, 2011, 07:59:52 PM

Richardson.  This team is in desperate need of a game changer / all-pro type, which is Richardson.  He changes the offense, because he can do it all.  He is a great runner, pass catcher, and blocker.  It would be nice to do a PA pass then have him sitting there 5-8 yards out ready for the checkdown if no one is open...hit him on the checkdown and he can break a big one.  Changes the way defenses have to play you.  Right now we just do not have that kind of threat, so it makes us predictable...defenses can key in on MW and KW2.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 26, 2011, 08:06:15 PM

Some of those runs by Lumpkin would have been huge runs by Richardson last game. Maybe for tds. A Blount/richardson duo would be great for this offense.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne/Blackmon/Richardson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools