Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne/Blackmon/Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 26, 2011, 08:28:33 PM

I think people should stop comparing him to Adrian Peterson. The one thing Peterson does that Richardson wont be able to do is run away from DBs in the league. Peterson has game breaking 4.3 speed. He clocked a 4.3 and actually plays that speed. I think Richardson may clock a 4.5 and play at a 4.6 I think he put a little to much emphasis on bulking up.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#16 : December 26, 2011, 08:56:29 PM

This team needs explosiveness.... and Richardson brings that. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for him since i never get the player i want but damn..... would love to have him.

Agreed. I think he's the best RB prospect to come out since Mcfadden. Grab him in the first and try to fix the O line with other picks and free agents. He's the complete package. I also love the idea of Blount coming in late in a game fresh..

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#17 : December 26, 2011, 08:58:35 PM

I agree Hate, it's hard to pass up a playmaker. Imagine if we got Richardson, then Burfict fell into the high 2nd. How would you feel? Or have you tapered off your Burfict love a bit? I haven't, but I noticed some have.

Richardson AND Burfict would be amazing!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 26, 2011, 09:02:11 PM

This team needs explosiveness.... and Richardson brings that. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for him since i never get the player i want but damn..... would love to have him.
With our current draft position you don't do much harm just naming one player you would like to have.  Let's not push it further than that though - okay?

lol...point taken. Maybe the new regime will take my advice!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 26, 2011, 09:07:16 PM

I think people should stop comparing him to Adrian Peterson. The one thing Peterson does that Richardson wont be able to do is run away from DBs in the league. Peterson has game breaking 4.3 speed. He clocked a 4.3 and actually plays that speed. I think Richardson may clock a 4.5 and play at a 4.6 I think he put a little to much emphasis on bulking up.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. I was a huge Trent Richardson fan coming into this season (thought Bama was wasting him behind Ingram who I thought was a product of his OLINE) but he has bulked up WAY TOO MUCH. Some of those sites that list .40 times and are usually fast for the player have Trent running a 4.59. He's slow. He was fast but the people who still think he is either haven't been watching or get all of their sports information from ESPN.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 26, 2011, 09:07:47 PM

I def agree with that. While i love Richardson's game......"All Day" he is not!!!

headlines

Rookie

#21 : December 26, 2011, 09:10:37 PM

I agree I also want Trent but would compare his game more to a more shifty but just as powerful if not more powerful to Michael turner

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 26, 2011, 09:11:58 PM

I agree I also want Trent but would compare his game more to a more shifty but just as powerful if not more powerful to Michael turner
Actually, he's Blount without the hurdles. Watch him this year. He is SLOWWWWWWWW

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 26, 2011, 09:15:26 PM

Frank Gore is the best comparison.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 26, 2011, 09:16:25 PM

^^  that ^^

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 26, 2011, 09:18:23 PM

Disagree, Frank is sneaky fast.

Richardson has actually followed Deuce McCallister's pro career but in college.

When both started, they were physical freaks who had speed, power, agility, and could do everything but were stuck as number 2's (Ingram and Ricky). As time went on they became bigger and bigger and bulkier and bulkier and lost all their speed and were basically regulated to i-formation, up the gut runs.

Except that Richardson is ALREADY slow.

headlines

Rookie

#26 : December 26, 2011, 09:18:45 PM

Have you soon turner this year or last dudes not the burner turner anymore but just as deadly and don't compare him to Blount please he looks for contact and doesn't dance in the backfield I'll take Trent all day lol you can build an offense around him

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 26, 2011, 09:22:17 PM

Have you soon turner this year or last dudes not the burner turner anymore but just as deadly and don't compare him to Blount please he looks for contact and doesn't dance in the backfield I'll take Trent all day lol you can build an offense around him
Blount doesn't shy away from contact, he just takes a little to get going. Richardson is overrated. ESPN has hyped him to be more than he actually is. He plays behind one of the best OLINES in college football. He's not fast. He's big and powerful, but the dude is going to clock in at a 4.6 give or take a couple tenths of a second. If he clocks at a 4.4, draft him, but if he's not in the 4.4's, don't even think about it.

Blount and LaMichael James (3rd round) make a scary scary two headed monster like Ricky Williams and Deuce McCallistair (before he got big) were. Teams throw at a Heisman finalist because Claiborne is so good. That says it all!!!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 26, 2011, 09:23:59 PM

Frank Gore ran a 4.65 at the combine.

headlines

Rookie

#29 : December 26, 2011, 09:31:29 PM

Is anyone watching mnf he's a more shifty Michael turner I'll take turner over Blount anyday if anything I'm sorry but Blount is overrated can't block or catch and takes to long to get going makes our offense way to predictable !!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne/Blackmon/Richardson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools