Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne/Blackmon/Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#30 : December 26, 2011, 09:45:35 PM

I like Dre Kirkpatrick over Claiborne.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 26, 2011, 10:05:29 PM

I agree I also want Trent but would compare his game more to a more shifty but just as powerful if not more powerful to Michael turner
Actually, he's Blount without the hurdles. Watch him this year. He is SLOWWWWWWWW

lolz

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 26, 2011, 10:14:14 PM

we'll see what he runs.  I know this.  He is a work out fanatic.  Him running in the 4.4s wouldn't surprise me.  he was already 210 coming out of high school.  so he put on 10-15 pounds.  Big deal.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 26, 2011, 10:15:53 PM

Bucs are in desperate need for explosive playmakers on offense.  I would be happy with Blackmon or Richardson but it really depends on what he do in FA....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 26, 2011, 10:54:47 PM

Is anyone watching mnf he's a more shifty Michael turner I'll take turner over Blount anyday if anything I'm sorry but Blount is overrated can't block or catch and takes to long to get going makes our offense way to predictable !!

That's the best thing about Richardson. He can do it all. They could line Blount/Richardson up together and the defense wouldn't know if we are running or throwing. One thing that has really hurt the offense all year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 26, 2011, 10:59:53 PM

Richardson is the one guy I'd not want to see. His incremental value over Blount is gonna be small since one carry by Back A is necessarily one less carry by Back B.  Blount is competent enough to give you Michael Turner levels of production and that is good enough to win in this league.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 26, 2011, 11:03:17 PM

Blount makes the offense predictable and limited.  we've only won 4 games this year with him.  Not that I'm blaming him for our record.  But he ain't carrying crap.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 26, 2011, 11:04:09 PM

Definately Richardson, our running game would be a force with a Blount, Richardson combo. Not a fan of Blackmon's size.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 26, 2011, 11:06:35 PM

Blount makes the offense predictable and limited.  we've only won 4 games this year with him.  Not that I'm blaming him for our record.  But he ain't carrying crap.

He doesn't have to. We've chosen to make the offense predictable by not making him part of the passing game. Still, when he's been called on to handle that role has he looked incompetent? Have we seen a lof of blown protections, bad routes or dropped balls by him in his (admittedly limited) opportunities? Frankly he's no more predictable than a guy like Mendenhall who comes out when PIT goes all pass happy and Moore would come in.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 26, 2011, 11:06:55 PM

Richardson is the one guy I'd not want to see. His incremental value over Blount is gonna be small since one carry by Back A is necessarily one less carry by Back B.  Blount is competent enough to give you Michael Turner levels of production and that is good enough to win in this league.

I think having an every-down RB makes our offense much less predictable. I.E. the Saints game at home, the last game when Lumpkin was playing all three downs, the offense was much more efficient, and not so reliant on Blount.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 26, 2011, 11:08:18 PM

He doesn't have to. We've chosen to make the offense predictable by not making him part of the passing game. Still, when he's been called on to handle that role has he looked incompetent? Have we seen a lof of blown protections, bad routes or dropped balls by him in his (admittedly limited) opportunities? Frankly he's no more predictable than a guy like Mendenhall who comes out when PIT goes all pass happy and Moore would come in.

They should make him part of the passing game, this situation is shockingly similar to Gruden's inability to get both Galloway and Bryant on the field together.

wyla86

Second String

#41 : December 26, 2011, 11:14:53 PM

Honestly if Richardson is on the board they have to take him. This team needs explosiveness. Richardson is the guy! Blackmon is good but not a Julio Jones burner or a AJ greene 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 26, 2011, 11:21:54 PM

Problem with Blount is he isn't a 3 down back and he isn't a valuable guy when the team is playing from behind which has been all year. 3 things can help.

1. You draft Richardson to give our offense a 3 down back to play the majority of the game and have Blount be the number 2 guy getting respectful carries when the team is competing or ahead in games. You can't play him when the team is behind and the team needs to throw more. This way the offense stays unpredictable.

2. Draft Oline. You make an oline good enough so that Blount doesn't need to have his hands full blocking. He's shown he can catch and make plays in open field. This would keep defenses honest too.

3. Upgrade the defense as good as possible. The bucs won't be behind as much if their defense got off the field. The past few games Blount hasn't really had the opportunity to be at his best since the team has been playing from behind. Draft, sign free agents, get a defensive scheme that fits these guys or one that actually works.

Ultimately you want to do all of these and regardless of whether they draft Richardson, they need to get somebody better than Lumpkin. The offense really went down in production when graham went down. Freemans like most qbs really succeeds when he has a run game to play off of. Also the wrs could help by holding onto the ball and getting open but that's a different story. Regardless there's a bunch of needs so blackmon, Claiborne, some lb, Richardson, or oline would help our team out big time.
: December 26, 2011, 11:24:28 PM BucBalla85

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 26, 2011, 11:31:59 PM

So you are drafting Richardson high to be a guy catching passes when we're down 14 points? That's a bad theory.

Blount averages 4.7 ypc for his career. Odds are Richardson won't improve on that figure.  Blount isn't a big play back? He gets a 20+ yards play every 27 carries. AP who might be the best big play threat at RB gets one once every 24 carries. Are you going to draft high to get some tiny edge on "big plays"? In other words, when you run the ball he's not going to add much to the production of Blount. You are talking about getting him high in the draft to add the production of a good 3rd down back to what the team does. That's not going to make it. I'd rather actually draft a 3rd down back and then use the pick to get a guy who is going o help everydown.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 26, 2011, 11:41:19 PM

So you are drafting Richardson high to be a guy catching passes when we're down 14 points? That's a bad theory.

Blount averages 4.7 ypc for his career. Odds are Richardson won't improve on that figure.  Blount isn't a big play back? He gets a 20+ yards play every 27 carries. AP who might be the best big play threat at RB gets one once every 24 carries. Are you going to draft high to get some tiny edge on "big plays"? In other words, when you run the ball he's not going to add much to the production of Blount. You are talking about getting him high in the draft to add the production of a good 3rd down back to what the team does. That's not going to make it. I'd rather actually draft a 3rd down back and then use the pick to get a guy who is going o help everydown.

Not necessarily for the catching but more for the blocking. Richardson a big play guy too but can stay on the fieild. Regardless they need a guy who can do it all. Richardson wouldn't disappoint me if he were the pick but I guess there other rb options later too. Richardson is a very good player though and could be bpa when we pick. Like I've said we have so many needs and rb is one IMO.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne/Blackmon/Richardson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools