Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris on K2.."I'm going to win this game despite anything around me for Raheem" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 26, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »

I just can't get over them not resigning Ruud and Caddy. You don't get young just for the sake of getting young, especially if it makes you a worse team. Does anybody wanna argue that if we had Ruud and Caddy this year we would be a worse team? This is just another reason why Dominik and Morris should be sent packing on Monday.

Ruud has been replaced by a rookie in Tennessee and Cadi didnt make it through year yet again. Does anyone want to argue this team would have more wins with Ruud and Cadi? Of course not because their effects on this team were marginal.

Ruud was placed on IR, he wasn't replaced. Caddy played through 16 games the last two years, granted he did get injured this year, but he came back. Foster was a downgrade over Ruud and our defense showed it this year. Go ahead and and say Madu or Graham is a better player than Caddy.

Ruud was placed on IR(Dec 13th) after McCarthy outperformed Ruud in just a couple weeks. Ruud was out of the lineup for 5 weeks before being placed on IR. Hell, ask a Titans fan whod they rather have. 99.9% of them will agree with McCarthy. Graham is a much better player than Cadi. all historical reference including stats says so.

I just can't get over them not resigning Ruud and Caddy. You don't get young just for the sake of getting young, especially if it makes you a worse team. Does anybody wanna argue that if we had Ruud and Caddy this year we would be a worse team? This is just another reason why Dominik and Morris should be sent packing on Monday.

Ruud has been replaced by a rookie in Tennessee and Cadi didnt make it through year yet again. Does anyone want to argue this team would have more wins with Ruud and Cadi? Of course not because their effects on this team were marginal.

Absolutely Ruud and Caddy would have helped this team.   The defense was in total disarray all year without their leader Ruud calling the defenses.   The Bucs don't have the worst defense in the history of the franchise for nothing.   They were better last year and did nothing but improve at every position other than middle linebacker, but they fell apart.   If that doesn't open your eyes to the fact that Ruud was important, I feel sorry for you.   He was new to the Titans D, the Titans have more vets on that D and their rookie is superior to Foster so they can better afford to go without him and didn't fall apart when he went on IR.    The Bucs desperately needed him this year.

Caddy would have been a huge help in protecting Freeman and bailing him out on 3rd down.    I think Freeman's regression is greatly because Caddy was not there.       Who is to say that Caddy would have gotten hurt had he stayed here?

haha Ruud a leader? Hes was under constant scrutiny because he was not a leader. He wasnt vocal and wasnt the rah, rah type. Bucs didnt improve at DT from last year, they are the same guys. Didnt improve at OLB...same guys. Didnt improve at CB or S either. Only spots of improvement have been DE and even then its a marginal improvement because of the rookie mistakes. Cadi has finished all of 1 or 2 season/s not on IR. Yeah, hed likely stay healthy.

lol, your post is nothing but spins, exaggerations, and lies. nothing new, just thought Id reaffirm the facts.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #16 : December 26, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »

He was critical in calling the defenses.   Deny that, Mr. Mindless.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #17 : December 26, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »

Bucs didnt improve at DT from last year, they are the same guys. Didnt improve at OLB...same guys. Didnt improve at CB or S either. Only spots of improvement have been DE and even then its a marginal improvement because of the rookie mistakes. Cadi has finished all of 1 or 2 season/s not on IR. Yeah, hed likely stay healthy.

If you don't think the Defensive Ends have been greatly improved, you don't know much about football.   Bottom line is the defense lost only one player- Ruud.   They replaced him with a fairly high draft pick in Foster.   Then they went directly into the toilet.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #18 : December 26, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »

He was critical in calling the defenses.   Deny that, Mr. Mindless.

ahhh, his only value as a player. Glad you could point it out. He was critical in getting ran over week in and week out as well.
Bucs didnt improve at DT from last year, they are the same guys. Didnt improve at OLB...same guys. Didnt improve at CB or S either. Only spots of improvement have been DE and even then its a marginal improvement because of the rookie mistakes. Cadi has finished all of 1 or 2 season/s not on IR. Yeah, hed likely stay healthy.

If you don't think the Defensive Ends have been greatly improved, you don't know much about football.   Bottom line is the defense lost only one player- Ruud.   They replaced him with a fairly high draft pick in Foster.   Then they went directly into the toilet.

nice spin attempt yet again. You really suck at trying to argue your trolling efforts anymore. its really pathetic, even for you.

Clearly Ruud was so valuable of an asset that only the Titans offered him a contract(1year at that) and he was replaced by a rookie seamlessly. Clearly the rest of the NFL thought as highly of him as you do, thats why he was so highly sought after. His ability to call plays!!! hahaha, really? play calling?

haha, what a joke.

oh, and by the way, the DEs are better but with their rookie mistakes, it has been marginal. You know, being one play they blow up their man and get a TFL and then the next they are caught out of position opening a massive running lane? Hard to understand, I know. I believe I already stated as much, but your comprehension doesnt seem to be up to par today so ill just repeat myself until you catch on.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 26, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »

but do teams gameplan against KW2?  do teams fear him? 

I saw Kellen Winslow get bracketed and doubled a lot this year.

The one game where I didn't see it much was when Green Bay opted to put Desmond Bishop in 1v1 coverage v.s. him. And K2 torched Green Bay for 120+

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #20 : December 26, 2011, 06:06:51 PM »

Absolutely Ruud and Caddy would have helped this team.   The defense was in total disarray all year without their leader Ruud calling the defenses.   The Bucs don't have the worst defense in the history of the franchise for nothing.   They were better last year and did nothing but improve at every position other than middle linebacker, but they fell apart.   If that doesn't open your eyes to the fact that Ruud was important, I feel sorry for you.   He was new to the Titans D, the Titans have more vets on that D and their rookie is superior to Foster so they can better afford to go without him and didn't fall apart when he went on IR.    The Bucs desperately needed him this year.

Caddy would have been a huge help in protecting Freeman and bailing him out on 3rd down.    I think Freeman's regression is greatly because Caddy was not there.      Who is to say that Caddy would have gotten hurt had he stayed here?

History?

Fo sho!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Desmond

Second String

« #21 : December 26, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »

Here is what I'm saying, this team would of been better off with Ruud starting at MLB and Caddy as our third down back. Instead of resigning proven guys we went with unknowns. They started Mason Foster at MLB and he's had a terrible year. The Bucs downgraded there and they downgraded at RB. We can argue who is better, Graham or Caddy, but it would of better to have both of them, instead we were left with Madu. Just another mistake in the last list of mistakes made by Morris and Dominik.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : December 26, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »

Here is what I'm saying, this team would of been better off with Ruud starting at MLB and Caddy as our third down back. Instead of resigning proven guys we went with unknowns. They started Mason Foster at MLB and he's had a terrible year. The Bucs downgraded there and they downgraded at RB. We can argue who is better, Graham or Caddy, but it would of better to have both of them, instead we were left with Madu. Just another mistake in the last list of mistakes made by Morris and Dominik.
You're not the first one to say that, not too many agree but some do.  Glad you were able to get it out of your system. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 26, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »

haha. Foster has been terrible? Thats all I need to know from you. Ruud is great, Foster is terrible.......this is guy is serious, thats the scary part.

Only guys having beter statistical seasons as rookie LBs are Von Miller and Aldon Smith. Theres maybe a couple more you could make an argument for, but Foster has been far from terrible. Hes a rookie MLB, he has more on his plate than those 2 as well. Those guys were drafted 2 rounds ahead of Foster.

Why do people think Rudd was so good? He was serviceable, and nothing more. his contract and need on the open market shouldve confirmed this but some are still delusional.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

« #24 : December 26, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »

Ruud was a smart MLB, but by far not the most physical for sure. Foster has the potential to be a good LB with some experience and coaching, but to say he hasn't had a horrible year is just foolish. He has made a lot of splash plays but his overall work as a whole, has been subpar.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 26, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »

I often wonder what the D would be like this year if instead of getting rid of Ruud we had Ruud play at OLB where he can use his speed to get after the edge and had Mason Foster at MLB.

For all the Ruud bashers there are, is our Run D any better since he's been gone? Seems to me this D looks worse then it ever has.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #26 : December 26, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »

Ruud was a smart MLB, but by far not the most physical for sure. Foster has the potential to be a good LB with some experience and coaching, but to say he hasn't had a horrible year is just foolish. He has made a lot of splash plays but his overall work as a whole, has been subpar.

Foster has been the Bucs best LB(not saying a bunch) and most consider Black and hayes to be below average to horrible. If a rookie 3rd round pick can come in and not only adjust to the system, but make progress in calling the plays, thats definitely puts Foster above horrible. terrible, or any other synonym.

Desmond

Second String

« #27 : December 26, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »

I never said Barrett Ruud was great. All I said is he would have been a better option at MLB than rookie Mason Foster.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 26, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »

Foster has been the Bucs best LB(not saying a bunch) and most consider Black and hayes to be below average to horrible. If a rookie 3rd round pick can come in and not only adjust to the system, but make progress in calling the plays, thats definitely puts Foster above horrible. terrible, or any other synonym.
When the bar is set pretty low considering the talent you have at LB is that really meaning hes not deserving of one of those adjectives?

Its easy to say Mason Foster is better because hes a new fresh face at a position we've been used to being crappy for years. The best way to look at it is judge whether or not you think Foster would have the ability to start on a tough defense like the Ravens or Steelers or Giants. Foster has been decent, but I don't think he should be a MLB. I think he is more suited at OLB. Still pissed we got rid of Tyrone McKenzie considering he was 3rd round pick just a year before and showed flashes toward the end of the 2010 season.Plus he took the time to try and organize the defense workouts during the lock out and really wanted to be a Buc. Another Dominik arrogant move if you ask me.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 26, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »

"We made a collective agreement to go young when we took over this program. That’s something we wanted to do. In order to upgrade at certain positions, sometimes you have to get worse before you get better. And going out and getting a young middle linebacker was something that we decided to do and we did it. Whether or not at the beginning we were both on the same page or all three of us including the Glazers were on the same page doesn’t matter. At the end of the day, we decided to do it and we went out and did it.

This tells me right there that Morris initially resisted getting rid of Ruud so soon. Regardless of what people might think, many coaches and players have said that Morris is an excellent  X's and O's coach. He knew that losing his defensive QB and replacing him with a rookie would have dire consequences....and it did.....I think Dominik forced his hand on that because Dominik had it out for Ruud after he sat out the 2010 offseason because he wanted a new contract and didn't get one.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris on K2.."I'm going to win this game despite anything around me for Raheem" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools