Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris on K2.."I'm going to win this game despite anything around me for Raheem" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 26, 2011, 07:09:52 PM

haha. Foster has been terrible? Thats all I need to know from you. Ruud is great, Foster is terrible.......this is guy is serious, thats the scary part.

Only guys having beter statistical seasons as rookie LBs are Von Miller and Aldon Smith. Theres maybe a couple more you could make an argument for, but Foster has been far from terrible. Hes a rookie MLB, he has more on his plate than those 2 as well. Those guys were drafted 2 rounds ahead of Foster.

Why do people think Rudd was so good? He was serviceable, and nothing more. his contract and need on the open market shouldve confirmed this but some are still delusional.

No offense but Mason Foster has stunk all year.  Out of his gaps, bad angles, ran over....he has played like a rookie MLB....crap.  This will be the first year in 15+ seasons that a LB won't lead the team in tackles. 

I have no idea what team you are watching but Foster played terrible this yr.  He may end up as a great player but he is one of the reasons for giving up 449 pts.

80sucks

Starter

#31 : December 26, 2011, 07:52:57 PM

The decision to let go of Ruud for nothing is the biggest example of incompetence by this front office and coaching staff in the past year.  Go look at the defensive stats of the Bucs and you'll see the top two tacklers this year are corners.  Last year, the top two tacklers were linebackers (with Ruud leading the way).  The year before, linebackers.  The year before that, linebackers.  In fact, I encourage you to go find one year in the last 15 that two linebackers were not the top two tacklers.  It's ridiculous to have corners leading your team in tackling.  And as a reference, Foster is on pace for less than 80 tackles, which puts him under the performance of Sabby his last year here.  Will he eventually be good?  Who knows.  But Ruud was at least solid and knew this defense and how to run it.  I'd rather have Ruud tackle Cam Newton for an 8 yard gain than have Biggers try to arm tackle him after a 50 yard gain for a TD.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : December 26, 2011, 07:59:55 PM

The decision to let go of Ruud for nothing is the biggest example of incompetence by this front office and coaching staff in the past year.  Go look at the defensive stats of the Bucs and you'll see the top two tacklers this year are corners.  Last year, the top two tacklers were linebackers (with Ruud leading the way).  The year before, linebackers.  The year before that, linebackers.  In fact, I encourage you to go find one year in the last 15 that two linebackers were not the top two tacklers.  It's ridiculous to have corners leading your team in tackling.  And as a reference, Foster is on pace for less than 80 tackles, which puts him under the performance of Sabby his last year here.  Will he eventually be good?  Who knows.  But Ruud was at least solid and knew this defense and how to run it.  I'd rather have Ruud tackle Cam Newton for an 8 yard gain than have Biggers try to arm tackle him after a 50 yard gain for a TD.

Good post.   This is spot on.   I hope Tatmanfish reads this, he might learn something.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 26, 2011, 08:06:44 PM

The decision to let go of Ruud for nothing is the biggest example of incompetence by this front office and coaching staff in the past year. 

It was either an example of incompetence OR it was a calculated move. Like Morris alluded to, last year was a lot of "smoke and mirrors". They knew the team probably wasn't that good and that Ruud wasn't in the long-term plan, so they (mostly Dominik) may have decided to take their lumps now to develop a new MLB knowing that it will take a few years (same for the new d-linemen) before they are ready for prime-time. This team is being built for 2013-2015.....In retrospect, they probably thought that they could at least be somewhat competitive in the interim, based on the path that Freeman was on a year ago, but when he decided to take a major sophomore slump and become a turnover machine, it all went downhill fast. Whether it cost them all their jobs will be up to the Glazers.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : December 26, 2011, 08:08:04 PM

You don't throw away your vet starter and just go with a rookie hoping he'll pan out.   You keep the vet at least another year to groom the guy.   If you don't, you will likely get fired...

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 26, 2011, 08:11:16 PM

You don't throw away your vet starter and just go with a rookie hoping he'll pan out.   You keep the vet at least another year to groom the guy.   If you don't, you will likely get fired...
In the end, it could be very well that getting rid of Barrett Ruud ultimately got rid of Raheem Morris as HC. Collateral damage is fine with me if it means that we will do well in the long run.

80sucks

Starter

#36 : December 26, 2011, 08:20:19 PM

Exactly!

P.S. Self Correction: Sean Jones is a Safety, not a corner, I meant to say they were both guys in the Secondary.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 26, 2011, 09:50:31 PM

I keep hearing from the talking heads how many games in a row Winslow has a catch. Have to wonder how many games in a row he's committed offensive pass interference... Considering how RARELY that gets callled throughout the season fro the whole league, he's GOT to be the league leader in offensive pass interference calls. And the sad thing is, he doesn't seem interested in fixing the problem; he just keeps on doing it.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 26, 2011, 10:08:45 PM

K2 is tied with Nate Burleson and Plaxico Burress for most offensive pass interference penalties in the NFL in 2011 with 3.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 26, 2011, 10:14:27 PM

I supported bringing in Winslow in 2009.  Now, I'd have zero problems with the Bucs cutting his arse.  His speed and explosiveness has decreased year after year.  His hands aren't as good as they were even last year.  I'm also tired of watching him give up on blocks after about a second and loaf when he isn't in the play any longer.

Thanks for two good years, but K2 can take that act elsewhere.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 26, 2011, 10:15:06 PM

I love the Souldja!!!!

But I don't like lack of blocking, penalties, push off's, and this "just give me the damn ball" attitude. How many times does Freeman go to the double covered Winslow and missing the wide open guy.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 26, 2011, 10:15:13 PM

Larry Fitzgerald, Leonard Pope, and Jeremy Shockey all have 2

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 26, 2011, 10:16:51 PM

missing the wide open guy.

I dont know if we've had a wide open guy all season.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 26, 2011, 10:24:12 PM

Like all other players on this roster, I think Kellen Winslow is suffering from the terrible coaching, offensive game planning, and poor QB play.

He needs to be used in a lesser capacity for sure, I'm not going to argue that.

I think he breaks Jimmie Giles reception record next season.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 26, 2011, 10:36:31 PM

Like all other players on this roster, I think Kellen Winslow is suffering from the terrible coaching, offensive game planning, and poor QB play.

He needs to be used in a lesser capacity for sure, I'm not going to argue that.

I think he breaks Jimmie Giles reception record next season.

I'm with you and Tat on this one. K2 isn't all that bad and really has been a standout individual compared to the theories we heard from the Browns.

I'm not going to bash the guy for being a Soldja and having his HC's back. Even if he's wrong, or just flat out lying through his teeth, it's supposed to be commendable, not something he should be hated for.

My only knocks on the guy are 1) can't black for **CENSORED**, and 2) the P.I's (not all of them were his fault though. E.g. Detroit).
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris on K2.."I'm going to win this game despite anything around me for Raheem" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools