Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton on ESPN news Mike Sherman could « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#90 : December 27, 2011, 02:41:10 PM

FXD. I wouldnt want someone to confuse your skewed opinions as facts.

This is the dumbest most moronic thing done on a message board. I mean stupid at an epic level. Really, you think people don't know these are opinions stated here? Wow, thanks for clearing that up.

I hope you take that in the right way as an insult and not helpful advice. This isn't DIAF type bad but at least BBIAF....just IMO of course.

O waa waa...fill out your card and put it in the complaint box.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 27, 2011, 08:05:24 PM

only coach I can think of that had great success without a franchise QB is Cowher.

Marty Schottenheimer coached 21 years and only had two losing seasons.

He won with Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac for crying out loud. Why does his name never even get mentioned? He would be a top-5 active coach immediately.

C'mon Glazers, do something right for once. You missed out on Harbaugh. Marty is the best option out there right now. Give Marty a budget for free agency and final decisions on pro personnel and let Dom have final say on the draft.

We need someone to come in here and purge the roster of all of these worthless players and bring in the right free agents.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#92 : December 27, 2011, 08:12:18 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sherman.

The other obvious choices are Fisher and Martz.

No, no, and no please.

martz offense sucks. I was watching the CHI game this week. Their routes are pretty much go out 10 yards and turn around and stop right there so that when you do catch the ball a defender is right there pounding you. I loved the Matthews INT. FOUR WR's all bunched on the right side of the field, all four ran the go out 10 yards routes and it was the easiest INT I've ever seen. How the hell is a QB supposed to do anyhting in that offense? His O sucks.

Fisher hasn't put up consistently good numbers. He could not hold Marty Schottenheimer's jockstrap.

I'm not going to comment on Sherman. He can't be a real candidate.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#93 : December 27, 2011, 08:12:54 PM

Romeo Crennel would be a better option than Sherman.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#94 : December 27, 2011, 08:15:19 PM

Is that a dude?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 27, 2011, 09:12:58 PM

Norv Turner should not be given another head coaching job in the NFL, period. He had three chances to make it work, and failed all three times. That's more chances than far superior coaches than him have been given. He's money as a coordinator, but as a head coach, no freaking thank you. If you want a coach that knows the Coryell offense, go hire Clarence Shelmon or Ken Zampese as OC's. Heck, hire Cam Cameron at HC, but no Norv. No....just no.

If a SB is your only measure of success then you've set an awfully high bar. Andy Reid sucks. Jeff Fisher sucks. Bill Cowher sucked for most of his career, same with Shanny. Norv hasn't had a losing record in SD - pending the last game - and this year is the worst scoring season for his offense #6 in the NFL.

The SB isn't my only measure of success. My issue with Turner has nothing to do with him not winning the SB. It's that every team he's coached seems to slowly regress under him. His record in San Diego isn't impressive to me. Schottenheimer went 14-2 with that team the season before Turner took over. His offenses always do well, which tells me he is a great OC, but his teams seem to always underachieve, which tells me he is not a good HC.

You are right, I'd love to hire Shelmon as the OC if/when Norv and his staff get whacked and we hire another HC or make Shelmon the HC but the notion that Norv is a total waste of space is wrong. Like I said, people would be happier to get Shiny New Coordinator X rather than Turner or Fisher or some other "failure" of an experienced HC. This team needs some experience and some organization far more than it needs a guy who is learning on the job.

Being an experienced coach and being a retread are not the same thing. I'd personally rather see a long tenured assistant get a shot over a retread. Jim Schwartz was an assistant in Tennessee for 8 seasons before landing the Detroit job. He appears to have been ready.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#96 : December 27, 2011, 09:14:56 PM

John Clayton on espn news just suggested Mike Sherman could be on the list of coaches for the Bucs.

No!!!
+1

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton on ESPN news Mike Sherman could « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools