Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about Russ Grimm? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: December 26, 2011, 07:53:31 PM

Cody's Dad.

He was in line for a couple of jobs: Pittsburgh, Chicago.  Con: yet another newbie to the head coaching ranks. Pros: has had a lot of success as assistant coach and seems to have paid his dues, unlike Raheem Morris.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 26, 2011, 08:03:12 PM

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 26, 2011, 08:08:43 PM

I honestly was considering him as OC in my thread I just posted on who would be a good replacement at the 3 top coaching positions.  Russ Grimm has done pretty well at every place hes gone as a coach. I would like to explore the possibility.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 26, 2011, 08:11:55 PM

Sus-piciously not selected to a several job openings when he was a candidate. You wonder about competence and lack of confidence by the owners who passed him up. Wonder why.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 26, 2011, 08:14:11 PM

He'd be fine.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 26, 2011, 08:17:10 PM

For coodinators: get Del Rio or some other soon-to-be fired head coach who could serve as DC. Need an OC as well.....don't like the head coach being a coordinator, especially on a young team like this one. 

I seriously doubt that any frontrunner (Fisher) would come to TB.
: December 26, 2011, 08:18:56 PM morgan

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 26, 2011, 08:18:36 PM

Russ is a HoFer and knows how to find talent on OL.I guarantee players would instantly respect him for being such a key piece of the "Hogs" and his son is already on the team over that turd Olson. Has worked wonders with that Pittsburgh OL considering he was working with Big Ben and his inability to get rid of the ball. I think Russ is a decent candidate to be up for OC.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 26, 2011, 08:31:12 PM

He'd bring a disciplined, workmans' attitude to the team - give the team direction. Has 100x more experience than Morris.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 26, 2011, 08:34:15 PM

The biggest problem I have honestly is Raheem Morris is that he never played at an NFL level and to me that is something that you can't coach. Raheem Morris is still freaking young enough to be in the league and hes in charge? You don't leave the keys to your car in the hands of a 15 year old.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 26, 2011, 08:45:33 PM

As HC I assume?

I know he was in the running for the Steelers job but I have to ask why nobody has even so much as offered him a DC job in the last decade? A great technician doesn't necessarily equate to a great tactician.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 26, 2011, 08:46:58 PM

As HC I assume?

I know he was in the running for the Steelers job but I have to ask why nobody has even so much as offered him a DC job in the last decade? A great technician doesn't necessarily equate to a great tactician.
DC? Don't you mean OC? Russ' specialty would be Offensive Line I assume.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 26, 2011, 08:48:49 PM

As HC I assume?

yes, HC

spartan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 26, 2011, 08:55:58 PM

As HC I assume?

DC? Don't you mean OC? Russ' specialty would be Offensive Line I assume.

Yes, sorry.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 26, 2011, 08:58:10 PM

As HC I assume?

yes, HC

Hmph! Didn't we just try that position coach to HC thing?

He is supposed to be a great coach, but again, how come he hasn't even whiffed a OC position? Not trying to be deliberately negative but it is a valid concern IMO. If someone has answer I'm all ears.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 26, 2011, 09:08:09 PM

He's been a member and coach of several Super Bowl teams.  He's currently an assistant head coach and OL coach. As OL coach he's had several RBs get over 1,000 yds while w/ the Steelers and Cardinals. As a coach, his OLs have had a lot  of good stats, sack-wise. As assistant head coach, he's learned what it takes to be in charge as the head coach - unlike Morris' background.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about Russ Grimm? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools