Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about Russ Grimm? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 26, 2011, 09:18:47 PM

Why not Russ Grimm? He was inline to get the Steelers HC job at one point.

I brought this up a few weeks ago. Thought he would be a good choice.

Thanks for the sig Java!

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 26, 2011, 09:34:15 PM

I still say fight for Chip Kelly, his specialty is adapting schemes to fit personnel, and with our depleted roster this is a key characteristic we desperately need in our next OC or HC.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 26, 2011, 09:34:53 PM

I assume we would consider him. That staff could even be fired so we could land him as a OC/OL if anything.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 26, 2011, 09:38:24 PM

No more position coaches as head coaches.  If you can't be a coordinator you can't be a head coach.  Period.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 26, 2011, 10:46:40 PM

Russ is a HoFer and knows how to find talent on OL.I guarantee players would instantly respect him for being such a key piece of the "Hogs" and his son is already on the team over that turd Olson. Has worked wonders with that Pittsburgh OL considering he was working with Big Ben and his inability to get rid of the ball. I think Russ is a decent candidate to be up for OC.
I think he'd have top get rid of his son if he became HC.  He doesn't need that conflict of interest.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 26, 2011, 10:49:20 PM

No more position coaches as head coaches.  If you can't be a coordinator you can't be a head coach.  Period.

Again, I think just for credibility it'll need to be at least a coordinator. I think they'd like to bring in an adult to control the daycare this team has become but most of the "adults" won't excite the fan base (scratching off Cowher) so the thought might be get a coordinator who can talk a good game and get the fires fired up about the unknown potential they have.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 26, 2011, 10:58:07 PM

Russ Grimm is the assistant HC for the Cardinals and virtually had the Steelers job before it was given to Mike Tomlin. He'd be fine as the Bucs coach.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : December 26, 2011, 11:00:39 PM

Bucs are in a "beggars can't be choosers" position with their salary and miserly owners. Of all the franchises, the Bucs may be on the bottom of the list for the best qualified.  Don't be surprised if Grimm gets the job.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 26, 2011, 11:04:28 PM

we could do worse than Grimm.  I think he'd make a fine HC.

Raheem33

Rookie
#24 : December 27, 2011, 09:45:13 AM

I like Grimm

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 27, 2011, 10:01:37 AM

could definitely do worse then Grimm

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 27, 2011, 10:11:40 AM

As HC I assume?

yes, HC

Hmph! Didn't we just try that position coach to HC thing?

He is supposed to be a great coach, but again, how come he hasn't even whiffed a OC position? Not trying to be deliberately negative but it is a valid concern IMO. If someone has answer I'm all ears.

Offensive coordinators usually come from the passing game, either QB or WR coaches.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 27, 2011, 10:19:58 AM

He's been a member and coach of several Super Bowl teams.  He's currently an assistant head coach and OL coach. As OL coach he's had several RBs get over 1,000 yds while w/ the Steelers and Cardinals. As a coach, his OLs have had a lot  of good stats, sack-wise. As assistant head coach, he's learned what it takes to be in charge as the head coach - unlike Morris' background.

I think the Asst Head Coach title is used more to prevent anyone poaching him. Other teams can only recruit him as a promotion and there is only one title greater than Asst Head Coach.

He certainly has produced as an OL coach there is no disputing that. Dunno, just have to wait and see I guess.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 27, 2011, 11:32:41 AM

I think he would provide good leadership and command respect.  he'd need competent coordinators but we'd need those regardless.  Grimm has got over 30 years in the NFL.  He is not green.  This is no promoting a position coach before he is ready kind of thing.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 27, 2011, 11:34:02 AM

think Talib would backtalk this guy?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about Russ Grimm? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools