Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Buccaneers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Badabingnrt

Starter

: December 26, 2011, 10:36:22 PM

I'm sure we'd all love 1 of the 4: Cowher, Dungy, Gruden, or Reid; but let's assume these are out of the question.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 26, 2011, 10:46:44 PM

Chud.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 26, 2011, 10:58:59 PM

I'm going to stay on the realistic side of things here, meaning I am only going to suggest likely fits, meaning no 3-4 defensive minded head coaches. This team needs an offensive mind, and a head coach that can get the best out of Freeman. Our best option would likely be Norv Turner, I am not sure how I feel about him but I am confident in his ability to build an offense. Second option would be Marty Schottenheimer, I like this choice however I believe he is 68 years old. Jumping away from the offensive mindset and looking at a possible defensive coach, I think Coughlin would be a solid choice for head coach. Lastly, if the Glazers decide to pluck away a "up and coming" OC or DC, I would suggest Clements, the QB coach in Green Bay. Although at this point I think it would be silly to not bring in an experienced HC.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 26, 2011, 11:01:13 PM

Still, Raheem's confidence about his job security worries me a little. If the Glazers decide to extend him, I don't see how they can justify it, I will be devistaed.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 26, 2011, 11:07:38 PM

I voted for Coughlin.  If we do indeed fire Raheem, then we may as well go with the exact opposite of him.  He's a no nonsense hard @$$, and has proven he can win with both his stints with the Giants and Jaguars.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#5 : December 26, 2011, 11:09:09 PM

Still, Raheem's confidence about his job security worries me a little. If the Glazers decide to extend him, I don't see how they can justify it, I will be devistaed.

I wouldn't worry about it unless we don't see a headline "Raheem Morris fired by Buccaneers" by this time next week! 

If he survives Black Monday than I'd start to worry

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 26, 2011, 11:11:58 PM

I voted other for Dennis Allen.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 26, 2011, 11:31:42 PM

Les. Miles.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 26, 2011, 11:32:47 PM

I voted for Coughlin.  If we do indeed fire Raheem, then we may as well go with the exact opposite of him.  He's a no nonsense hard @$$, and has proven he can win with both his stints with the Giants and Jaguars.
If they keep or extend Raheem, I will be selling my fan hood.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 26, 2011, 11:34:35 PM

Urban Meyer or  Bob Stoops

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 26, 2011, 11:35:05 PM

JavaRay

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 26, 2011, 11:42:39 PM

Arians, Chud, or Pete Carmichael.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 26, 2011, 11:45:50 PM

Chud all the way.  We have to understand that the Glazers are treating this franchise as the red headed step child.  We're not getting any major name and as fans, we need to come to grips with it.  They will go cheaper unknown.  None of the big boys will come here and NOT spend money.  You are a fool if you think a proven guy is going to come here and live on the nfl version of food stamps.

This is a bad situation.  I read that the glazers lost 84 mill GBP on United last year.  MY GAWD that is a lot of dough.

Folks....there's an obvious cash flow problem at OBP.

Hopefully they will be forced to sell one of these franchises soon(Hello Eddie).

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 27, 2011, 12:28:11 AM

Of those on the list above, I'd pick Coughlin, but, I don't think he's going anywhere. 

Chud seems like a cool pick.  If it is him or someone with offensive background, I'd like to see them bring in a DC that has an aggressive mentality on D...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : December 27, 2011, 12:28:36 AM

Why is Gruden not a choice?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Buccaneers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools