Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Buccaneers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 27, 2011, 02:21:34 AM

People aren't thrilled with the lack of down field passing in the Olson led offense. How would they/we feel with conservative Marty Ball?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 27, 2011, 02:52:39 AM

Its somewhat comical that the last two coaches that were fired had winning seasons in their last year and in Dungys case had a great team...Gruden got a cake that needed icing as #99 put it....which ever coach comes in..is inheriting a huge sh!t pie made that can hopefully be crafted into a nice dessert quickly...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : December 27, 2011, 02:55:01 AM

I hate Sherman, but I'm starting to think that I want him as the next Bucs head coach because Hate is totally against it.    That dude is never right, so if he's against it, Sherman must be the correct choice.

LifeLongBucsFan

Second String

#33 : December 27, 2011, 03:00:07 AM

Jimmy Johnson

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 27, 2011, 03:04:55 AM

why not?

He gets his teams to WIN no matter where he goes.

I don't want Fisher, or Coughlin, or The Chin.  Schottenheimer is The Right Man for the job.

Yes he is.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 27, 2011, 03:04:56 AM

In that case....

Hate,
You should say something along the lines of:
"We should trade Freeman for Tebow, because Tebow is the future of the NFL and would turn this franchise around. Tebow will have a wildly successful career and is a proven winner"

Since you are "never right"....then saying ^^^ would mean the JR has no ammo left to load his Troll Catapult... ;D

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 27, 2011, 03:09:42 AM

I hate Sherman, but I'm starting to think that I want him as the next Bucs head coach because Hate is totally against it.    That dude is never right, so if he's against it, Sherman must be the correct choice.

Brilliant logic.  If you are not a member of The Mensa Society already, you should be.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#37 : December 27, 2011, 03:14:31 AM

I definitely would prefer an offensive HC if Freeman is ever going to get better. Hopefully we look at Rob Chudzinski or Bruce Arians. Surprised no one has mentioned the Packers QB coach: Tom Clements. He's my left field pick for at least an interview. I wouldn't be opposed to Mike Zimmer from the Bengals. He's been a great defensive coordinator for a while now and we certainly need to develop these 1st round D-linemen we've invested in. Cincinnati also plays a 4-3 defense so that's a plus.

The more I think about this the Glazer's will probably want a big name HC (if they fire Morris)* given the situation with fan-base and ticket sales but those big name coaches will want probably want more money & control than we're willing to offer. Couple that with the fact there will be bigger markets for more noteworthy HC's (SD, MIA, NY). So chances are we'll probably settle in on a good up and coming coordinator who'll take less for the opportunity. I could be completely wrong but that's my guess. 

Also, looking at the coaches that got hired last year how many were big name NFL Head coaches?

CAR: Ron Rivera (previously a defensive coordinator from SD)
TEN:  Mike Munchak (previously offensive line coach with TEN)
SF: Jim Harbaugh (previously the Stanford HC)
DEN: John Fox  (previously the CAR HC)
OAK: Hue Jackson (previously offensive coordinator in OAK)
CLE: Pat Shurmur (previously offensive coordinator in STL)
DAL: Jason Garrett (previously offensive coordinator in DAL)
MIN: Leslie Fraser (previously offensive coordinator in MIN)

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 27, 2011, 03:30:58 AM

Baltimore's DC
New Orleans OC
LSU head coach Miles
Cowher tops my list by far,..

Gruden or Dungy I would take back in a New York second..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 27, 2011, 10:11:11 AM

Chud or Les Miles.

Miles isn't Saban. He wins by mixing discipline while keeping his players loose and relaxed.

Fisher had 20 years to get a ring and couldn't.
In the last 3 years, Coughlin has as many playoff appearances as Raheem
Sherman has been fired from two jobs this decade
I wouldn't mind Lovie actually
Coughlin's players hate him and quit on him every single year (2007 was an anomaly)
I wouldn't mind Mooch
Jack Del Rio? Has to be a joke
Schottenheimer is 10000 years old and can't win the big one either
Norv Turner? Really???

Chud or Les Miles.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 27, 2011, 10:16:21 AM

Marty

Schottenheimer

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 27, 2011, 10:24:12 AM

Rick Dennison

nick777777

Starter

#42 : December 27, 2011, 10:38:02 AM

I don't see how it makes any sense to say we don't want a coach who can't win playoff games when we aren't even close to being a playoff team.  I want a coach who can teach discipline and who isn't seen at the club with his players the night before the game.  This team doesn't need a friend as coach they need a leader who demands respect

Frosty_Mug321

Rookie

#43 : December 27, 2011, 10:42:09 AM

Bucfan26, with that list of coaches which of those 1st year HC are having best season amongst each other? SF/DEN?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 27, 2011, 10:46:58 AM

I don't see how it makes any sense to say we don't want a coach who can't win playoff games when we aren't even close to being a playoff team.  I want a coach who can teach discipline and who isn't seen at the club with his players the night before the game.  This team doesn't need a friend as coach they need a leader who demands respect
obviously he isn't a long term answer due to his age but yes he has a track record for righting sinking ships.  It would have to be view as a step.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Buccaneers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools