Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Buccaneers? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#90 : December 28, 2011, 12:26:21 PM

Raheem Morris

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 28, 2011, 12:37:44 PM

Raheem Morris

So how big is a standard Braille keyboard?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#92 : December 28, 2011, 12:43:41 PM

Sounds so scary...."often with negative results". Don't forget the important stat here. 21 years and two losing seasons. More often than not, his teams come out on top.

What you may call conservative, others may call physically dominating play. Why does he emphasize a running game? Maybe he wants to pound the other team and control the clock? Bill Parcells was highly regarded for this style of play. He had more luck in the post season is the only difference.

Perhaps you are like the other Charger fans who are obviously much happier with Norv Turner's great offensive plays.

Well he's also, the more I look at his long career not just about MartyBall. 6 of his 9 years in CLE he had a top 10 passing attack.  It was KC that sealed his "MartyBall" rep but his QB's there were: DeBerg, Krieg, Montana at the end, Bono, Gannon (who played well but Grbac and Bono were the big $$$ FA's) and Grbac.  Any wonder he's a running fool?  In SDG he was 19, 12, 16, and 16 in passing offense but again you had early Brees for most of those years and oh yes LaDanian Tomlinson so maybe running makes sense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#93 : December 28, 2011, 12:47:21 PM

I'd be good with Fisher, Cowher or Billick. They need a name to stabilize this franchise.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#94 : December 29, 2011, 09:41:15 AM

I'd take Marty over Les Miles 100% of the time. Miles is a dynamite recruiter, but not a great X's and O's guy. I was happy as a pig in slop that he turned down the Michigan job because I personally feel the guy is completely overrated. Brady Hoke is far superior, IMO. Miles is right where he belongs, the college level.
CB, I won't disagree on Hoke. Aside from his love affair with Devon Gardner, Michigan made a great hire and I think Hoke is going to do great things. I disagree on Les though. He does a great job of getting the most out of his guys. What have Tyson Jackson and Glen Dorsey (Who I thought was absolute trash at LSU) done since Miles? Look what Miles got out of guys like Kelvin Sheppard and Craig Steltz. He turned those dudes into NFL players.

His teams constantly win and he has the quriky edge to him. His players enjoy playing for him and they respect him.

I don't understand why we want a re-tread with 15+ years of experience and just as many super bowls as Raheem.

I think that your citing of these players performing under Miles and failing in the Pros is more of an indictment than a compliment. Why are these players with so much talent all bombing at the next level? Why is JaMarcus Russell so dynamic in college and so incredibly unprepared to be an NFL QB? In college, raw athleticism can be enough. In the Pro's, it rarely is. Which leads me to this...

This is the NFL, not college.  I'd guess around 80% of the games he's coached at LSU, he's had the most talented team on the field.  His team could overcome a brain-fart from the HC and still beat the likes of Kentucky.

I'm not bashing what the guy has done at LSU, but I don't want anything to do with him in the NFL.

^This is it in a nutshell. Miles is a great recruiter, not a great coach.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Buccaneers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools