Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden preparing to return to coaching in 2012........ESPN is aware. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 27, 2011, 01:28:59 AM

I could see it happening.  I imagine he is getting a little bored in that booth.  And the contract is up.

Raheem for MNF along with Jaws and Tirico next season?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#16 : December 27, 2011, 01:32:31 AM

god no.... Can you imagine how many times a night we would here these guys are youngry

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 27, 2011, 01:34:52 AM

god no.... Can you imagine how many times a night we would here these guys are youngry

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : December 27, 2011, 06:33:38 AM

If Raheem were announcing Monday night football, I would expect Monday night football to start getting blacked out.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 27, 2011, 06:38:14 AM

Gruden gushes over every player. If he had drafted half of the guys he has slobbed on the knob of over the course of this year we would SB contenders.

graypilgrim

Starter

#20 : December 27, 2011, 06:54:37 AM

Gruden gushes over every player. If he had drafted half of the guys he has slobbed on the knob of over the course of this year we would SB contenders.

ahhh - sorry, but where is all the young talent Gruden coached up during his tenure here? Have I missed something or are the Bucs loaded with hidden young talent that came out of the Gruden years? Where did all of his draft picks go? There are some who mistakenly think Gruden was/is a coaching giant. All I can say is: put down the crack pipe, open up the window and get some fresh air. Perhaps you need to go back and review the Gruden years to gain a better perspective of what a team of worn out veterans, 3-5 yard dink passes and a very vanilla offense looks like. One reason Morris and company went with a youth movement was there was no other choice, We were loaded with veterans, aging and aged veterans well past their prime. I agree with Legend, now he gushes over players; where was he when they could have played for the Bucs?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 27, 2011, 06:59:38 AM

There's a big difference between being a bad drafter and being a bad coach.

Gruden drafted like crap.   But even though the talent on the roster was crap, he was still pretty successful.   That's the mark of genius coaching.

graypilgrim

Starter

#22 : December 27, 2011, 07:25:21 AM

There's a big difference between being a bad drafter and being a bad coach.

Gruden drafted like crap.   But even though the talent on the roster was crap, he was still pretty successful.   That's the mark of genius coaching.

Sorry, have to disagree. I have not seen anything to support the argument that Gruden is a coaching genius. I remember all too well the frustrating games where the Bucs could have/should have won games but instead of going for the throat; we played not to lose and ended up losing. I waited several seasons to see the "genius" emerge and was only rewarded by his unique scowls and obvious angry moments. I have and still hear a lot about the genius, have yet to see it. Where is the dynasty he built, where are the coaching records, where are the great teams from the past? It is one thing to say someone is a genius, it is another for them to prove it. Pretty successful? Flip flopping from first to worst is not a mark of genius coaching. Sorry.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 27, 2011, 07:26:51 AM

I'd love to see what Gruden could do with Rivers.    He may surpass Drew Brees and Dan Marino.

It would make things interesting to see him return to the AFC West again. We play SD next season - wouldn't he love to tack 50+ on us as payback.

graypilgrim

Starter

#24 : December 27, 2011, 07:41:34 AM

I'd love to see what Gruden could do with Rivers.    He may surpass Drew Brees and Dan Marino.

It would make things interesting to see him return to the AFC West again. We play SD next season - wouldn't he love to tack 50+ on us as payback.

Based on this season, it would not be hard to do. Some teams have already come close.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : December 27, 2011, 09:21:44 AM

Rivers is enough of a vet he could tell Gruden to STFU and let him play.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 27, 2011, 09:26:48 AM

I could see it happening.  I imagine he is getting a little bored in that booth.  And the contract is up.

Raheem for MNF along with Jaws and Tirico next season?

RM on MNF would be worse then the Dennis Miller experiment.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 27, 2011, 01:09:23 PM

Sam Bradfords dinky style would be a perfect fit for Gruden's offense

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 27, 2011, 01:11:49 PM

actually yes.  didn't gruden do a coaching workshop with a bunch of qb prospects from this class, including Bradford?  How did they seem together?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 27, 2011, 01:14:21 PM

It's an attractive job for someone.  You got Bradford, plus another top pick this draft.  And IIRC, the most cap room in the league.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden preparing to return to coaching in 2012........ESPN is aware. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools