Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jake Long on the block? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 28, 2011, 11:34:04 AM

Do you always answer posts with more questions?

yes, i do.  i like posters to explain their reasoning behind their posts.

The whole point is that we stuck to this plan and that was retaining our own guys and drafting and not looking to outside help. MD did a little of outside help in 09 but its been a disaster so far. The Bucs have been in this cheap-ass mode for 3 years and the results are pretty evident. If we didn't have that easy schedule last year we would be drafting 3 years of high round picks and who knows how different the team would be. The problem lies in the FO and owners and MD is a big cause for that because he refuses to look past his own guys and go for outside help...REAL outside help.

i do agree that we need to look outside for help.  i like the idea of rewarding our homegrown talent - but certainly not without cause, which has happened multiple times on dominiks watch.  is the cheap ass mode solely because of the owners?  or is it something that the FO is fully behind?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 28, 2011, 11:38:47 AM

I would say its mostly owners. They have been the lowest in payroll ever since  they bought Manchester United. That sissy kickball game has us by the chokehold over here and its killing the team. The FO most likely does not fully agree with draft only but you would think if the ONLY aspect of building your team is  through the draft they would try and put themselves in the best position or trade to get the best players.

All of this cap space that is being harvested for whatever reason is going to be needed once these "hometown saviors" contracts run up. It will be a crying shame if we passed up on a ton of free agents this past off-season to resign our own guys at an overpaid amount to just reach the floor and refuse to go out and grab the guys we need.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jake Long on the block? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools