Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah is perfect in pass protection despite being forced to pass block 48 times « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 28, 2011, 09:31:34 AM

yeah I know.  It just amuses me that most Buc fans acknowledge the OL stinks  but then tell you how good each individual member of it is other than Faine.

Zuttah like almost everyone else on the line seems to do one thing well. He's a good pass blocker but almost worthless in the run game for example.
This OL has suffered so much from the loss of Aaron Sears it isn't even funny. That guy was the gorilla glue that kept this flimsy model together.

Well in fairness Sears was another one trick pony, he could block in a phone booth and that was it. No pulling, no pass protection.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 28, 2011, 09:57:54 AM

zuttah playing center when Faine was out wasn't really much better.

Disagree.  Zuttah is no great shakes, but he was definitely an upgrade to Faine.  Faine sucks hard.

Zuttah would be best used as a back-up swing interior lineman.  Sadly he's been one of the best, most consistent performers on the OL this season.  That's more of an indictment on the other guys than a compliment for Zuttah.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 28, 2011, 10:01:03 AM

yeah I know.  It just amuses me that most Buc fans acknowledge the OL stinks  but then tell you how good each individual member of it is other than Faine.

Zuttah like almost everyone else on the line seems to do one thing well. He's a good pass blocker but almost worthless in the run game for example.
This OL has suffered so much from the loss of Aaron Sears it isn't even funny. That guy was the gorilla glue that kept this flimsy model together.

Well in fairness Sears was another one trick pony, he could block in a phone booth and that was it. No pulling, no pass protection.
When was the last time we had a road grader for the run game?

Considering that despite all of this beloved pass protection for Freeman has resulted in absolutely nothing, its about time we focus on letting one of the few offensive talents we have (Blount) get the chance to get out of the backfield without being hit. Its a need and I guarantee that if you get Carl Nicks and a guy like Brewster for Center you will see a 1000+ yard rusher in Blount again.

jandjen

Starter
#18 : December 28, 2011, 11:21:28 AM

Would love to see Nicks and Wells in FA. Zuttah can be a backup...

Madman

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 28, 2011, 11:35:40 AM

I like Zuttah at C.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 28, 2011, 11:39:24 AM

Some shots at the Bucs D and coaching in this article...

- The defensive tally for Tampa in this game was 13 missed tackles on defense, a disastrous mark for most teams, but actually only marginally more than their season average.

- That level of consistent confusion against such a simple and fundamental concept is another black mark in the coaching of the Bucs.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 28, 2011, 11:59:46 AM

- The defensive tally for Tampa in this game was 13 missed tackles on defense, a disastrous mark for most teams, but actually only marginally more than their season average.

- That level of consistent confusion against such a simple and fundamental concept is another black mark in the coaching of the Bucs.

Our tackling is so bad I don't even notice all the missed tackles. I just assume they are part of the game now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 28, 2011, 12:00:01 PM

LOL. They are on the money with those claims. The whole coaching staff needs to be wiped out except a few pieces.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 28, 2011, 12:06:50 PM

Faine plays ole 3-5 times a game.

Zuttah has 3-5 bad snaps a game.

Pick your poison. Each can (and have) lead to disaster. Neither are an acceptable answer at center. Zuttah is what he is, quality depth at multiple position but not a real NFL starter.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 28, 2011, 01:46:47 PM

Our tackling is so bad I don't even notice all the missed tackles. I just assume they are part of the game now.

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 28, 2011, 03:52:55 PM

I counted three direct references to bad coaching and one implied reference (fundamentals).  They must be haters.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 28, 2011, 04:16:49 PM

There was a time when the buccaneer defense missing a tackle was a surprise - pretty big change

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 29, 2011, 12:47:36 AM

Would love to see Nicks and Wells in FA. Zuttah can be a backup...

This   ^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah is perfect in pass protection despite being forced to pass block 48 times « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools