Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "LeGarrette Blount isn't the sharpest light bulb in the tool shed" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 28, 2011, 04:46:23 PM

All types of FAIL

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 28, 2011, 04:46:47 PM

I still think the "he can't" is misplaced.  Dallas has rolled Sammy Morris in with 3 days on the roster in passing downs.  If he can't pass block he's going to be the first player I've ever seen that, after 2 years, still can't perform the job.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 28, 2011, 04:48:04 PM

I still think the "he can't" is misplaced.  Dallas has rolled Sammy Morris in with 3 days on the roster in passing downs.  If he can't pass block he's going to be the first player I've ever seen that, after 2 years, still can't perform the job.
I agree completely

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : December 28, 2011, 04:48:05 PM

Hmmm....that would be considered an insult if you could sharpen a bulb....
Undoubtedly.  When trying to cut someone down for not being too smart - it is better to structure a thought that makes sense.

He's the new Yogi Berra.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 28, 2011, 04:49:45 PM

I really find it hard to believe that Blount actually attended University.   How is that even possible?

Football scholarship

Dexter Manley talking about reading at a 2nd grade level even after leaving university to go play for the redskins.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 28, 2011, 04:53:10 PM

I really find it hard to believe that Blount actually attended University.   How is that even possible?
Percy Harvin got single digits on the wonderlick

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 28, 2011, 04:55:52 PM

if we really want that Neb. LB we can probably wait until the 3rd.  Not too many teams are going to consider a 225 pound LB even if he is pretty good.  Or that Miami kid.  Take a CB in round 2.

I do not endorse taking a 225 LB btw.  In fact we don't even know what kind of defense we are going to run.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 28, 2011, 05:32:33 PM

If Claiborne is not there i want Richardson or Blackmon. Why not Richardson

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : December 28, 2011, 05:33:03 PM

Blount averages 11 yards per catch and the only time ive seen him "hot potatoe" a catch is when Freeman unexpectedly dumped it off to him. Besides that he has maybe blatantly missed maybe 2 or 3 passes. That's it. With all of the problems on this team, I cant believe fans have a problem with the one player who is actually elite and could be a star on most other teams. Blame Olsen and Raheem for Blount not getting the ball passed to him. He was in practice before the season and in the preseaon he caught a short pass and took it over 40 yards.
x2

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 28, 2011, 05:36:44 PM

Perhaps Blount is not the smartest player out there but he came to the Bucs late in 2010 and then didn't have any off-season to help him prepare in 2011.  I think it is a little early to judge Blount in this regard

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#25 : December 28, 2011, 05:37:07 PM

If Claiborne is not there i want Richardson or Blackmon. Why not Richardson
If Richardson is the next AP, you have to take him. Idk if hes on that level. RBs in the draft are all about value.

LaMichael James in the third just gives more value for what this team needs

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 28, 2011, 05:46:42 PM

Perhaps Blount is not the smartest player out there but he came to the Bucs late in 2010 and then didn't have any off-season to help him prepare in 2011.  I think it is a little early to judge Blount in this regard

You really think that playbook is so complicated that it takes over a year to learn it?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 28, 2011, 06:00:02 PM

When asked earlier in the season why we didn't use the hurry up offense to get Freeman going in the first Q, the answer was that Blount wasn't ready to use that pkg.  I forget who said it but that's my recollection.   And it stuck with me through the year waiting to see when they might be ready to use it.  The answer was game 15.  Of couse we saw how that worked.  Actually, if Free had not thrown a pick, it would have worked fairly well.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 28, 2011, 06:17:44 PM

When asked earlier in the season why we didn't use the hurry up offense to get Freeman going in the first Q, the answer was that Blount wasn't ready to use that pkg.  I forget who said it but that's my recollection.   And it stuck with me through the year waiting to see when they might be ready to use it.  The answer was game 15.  Of couse we saw how that worked.  Actually, if Free had not thrown a pick, it would have worked fairly well.

It isn't like we've never thrown the ball with Blount in the game. I understand he's subbed in passing downs...plenty of teams do that. I just don't see that he is so terrible that he can't be used at all. It sounds like the staff is terrified he's gonna get Freeman killed or something but I can't think of a time when he blew a block or missed an assignment - not that he hasn't but it doesn't stand out.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 28, 2011, 06:29:41 PM

wait a minute.  shouldn't it be brightest bulb?  and who has a light in their tool shed?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "LeGarrette Blount isn't the sharpest light bulb in the tool shed" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools