Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "LeGarrette Blount isn't the sharpest light bulb in the tool shed" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : December 28, 2011, 06:31:44 PM

Had Raheem taken Blount out to the tool shed more often, he may have been more focused on learning the playbook.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 28, 2011, 06:32:59 PM

he took him club hopping in soho.

TSKAD72

Starter
#32 : December 28, 2011, 06:34:30 PM

Hmmm....that would be considered an insult if you could sharpen a bulb....
Undoubtedly.  When trying to cut someone down for not being too smart - it is better to structure a thought that makes sense.

Walter is using a fake Emmitt Smith quote. On his website he often mocks Emmitt Smith and his inability to grasp the English language. It's part of Walt's schtick, he did it on purpose. He says "as Emmitt might say" immediately afterwards.

LifeLongBucsFan

Second String

#33 : December 28, 2011, 08:14:38 PM

"Sharpest light bulb, or.................. Brightest light bulb......................  not criticizing, just having some fun........

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 28, 2011, 08:18:27 PM

Perhaps Blount is not the smartest player out there but he came to the Bucs late in 2010 and then didn't have any off-season to help him prepare in 2011.  I think it is a little early to judge Blount in this regard

You really think that playbook is so complicated that it takes over a year to learn it?

It is if it's not being properly taught. Which is why you see receiver still running the wrong routes and other things 16 weeks into the regular season...wouldn't that make a little more sense to everything?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 28, 2011, 08:31:43 PM

Blount averages 11 yards per catch and the only time ive seen him "hot potatoe" a catch is when Freeman unexpectedly dumped it off to him. Besides that he has maybe blatantly missed maybe 2 or 3 passes. That's it. With all of the problems on this team, I cant believe fans have a problem with the one player who is actually elite and could be a star on most other teams. Blame Olsen and Raheem for Blount not getting the ball passed to him. He was in practice before the season and in the preseaon he caught a short pass and took it over 40 yards.

His hands are fine. I don't know these other folks (or this writer) are watching.

Ram Rod

Practice Squad

#36 : December 28, 2011, 08:39:46 PM

I read up until "Blount is not the SHARPEST LIGHT BULB in the TOOL SHED" and then I didn't bother to read it, anything said in this article is irrelevant after an intro like that.

:facepalm

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 28, 2011, 08:50:51 PM

I'm building a tool shed with a light bulb.  I'm gonna go all out and get a shade, a chain and the whole ball of wax.  Actually, I'm planning on having 2 (two) bulbs.....just bragging here!!!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#38 : December 28, 2011, 09:04:03 PM

Hmmm....that would be considered an insult if you could sharpen a bulb....
Undoubtedly.  When trying to cut someone down for not being too smart - it is better to structure a thought that makes sense.

Walter is using a fake Emmitt Smith quote. On his website he often mocks Emmitt Smith and his inability to grasp the English language. It's part of Walt's schtick, he did it on purpose. He says "as Emmitt might say" immediately afterwards.
this

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 28, 2011, 09:06:48 PM

I really find it hard to believe that Blount actually attended University.   How is that even possible?

Why? Have you ever spoken to him? Do you know what his grades were in college? Or are you assuming he's dumb
because of what one writer wrote and the Bucs refusal to keep him in on 3rd downs?

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 28, 2011, 09:44:34 PM

The West Coast is known as inherently complex because of the way plays are called. It can be difficult to pick up for lots of players.

Honestly, I think this is more about Olson forcing something that isn't there. He would rather have a different RB who is an "all-around" back (like EG) and use Blount to pound it.

The problem is, outside of EG, we don't have that type of player on the team.

If you have an elite player like Blount who is having trouble getting one of your concepts, then you change your concepts to keep him on the field and win football games. This is a basic fundamental flaw in Olson's thinking and one of the reasons his offense stinks.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 28, 2011, 10:17:36 PM

All joking aside, Personally, I think this is all a lie by Raheem and Dominik.    I think they are benching him because he's up for a new contract.   Right now he's the lowest paid guy on the entire team.   Hell, Sean Jones makes triple what he makes.    The man is just keeping LeGarrette down until they can sign him to a new low extended contract.

Blount's salary this year = $405,000
Kregg Lumpkin's salary this year = $1,813,333
Earnest Graham = $2,243,750

: December 28, 2011, 10:25:33 PM JavaRay

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : December 28, 2011, 11:03:22 PM

I hate the idea of wasting a top 5 pick on a running back. Richardson is no Peterson or even Chris Johnson.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 28, 2011, 11:04:24 PM

Perhaps Blount is not the smartest player out there but he came to the Bucs late in 2010 and then didn't have any off-season to help him prepare in 2011.  I think it is a little early to judge Blount in this regard

You really think that playbook is so complicated that it takes over a year to learn it?

I don't think he got the detailed one on one coaching that a young player needs trying to learn an NFL offense that he needed in the off-season to be out there in any situation.  He learned a good deal of the playbook and looked good in the limited number of times they used him catching the ball out of the backfield. 

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 28, 2011, 11:10:38 PM

looked good in the limited number of times they used him catching the ball out of the backfield.

I did notice that if he is wide open and catches the ball in an open area then goes against the safeties and corners, he looks good.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "LeGarrette Blount isn't the sharpest light bulb in the tool shed" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools