Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR board determines the next HC: Part I « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #15 : December 28, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »

My favorite choices are Chudzinski or Gregg (3 Gs) Williams. My most likely prediction is Billick or Fisher.

I also like Marinelli. I think he got a raw deal in Detroit getting stuck with the worst GM in league history.
« : December 28, 2011, 04:41:40 PM John Galt? »

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #16 : December 28, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »

Does anyone think a divided fanbase will agree on whoever the Glazer's do eventually hire?

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #17 : December 28, 2011, 04:45:12 PM »

Does anyone think a divided fanbase will agree on whoever the Glazer's do eventually hire?

If it were Cowher, I don't think anyone would complain.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #18 : December 28, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »

As I wrote, if I included Cowher he'd be the top vote getter.  But I really believe 1) he won't coach in 2012 and 2) he'll never come to TB anyways.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 28, 2011, 04:53:04 PM »

People prefer Chudzinski?   Really?   He's only successful because he has Newton.   If Newton comes with him, I have no problem with that guy.   Otherwise, NO.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #20 : December 28, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »

It'd draw some interest to the team and get people excited but I'm not a fan of the move. I know quite a few Steeler fans, and the majority were glad to see him go. Not saying he's a bad coach I just don't think he's a fit for the youngest team in the league unless he comes with the Pittsburgh front office and personnel executive.

Formerly known as T

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #21 : December 28, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »

The Glazer's should set a record and interview all 27 of those poll choices, they'd be done with the interviews about time for training camp to open.

Formerly known as T

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #22 : December 28, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »

As I wrote, if I included Cowher he'd be the top vote getter.  But I really believe 1) he won't coach in 2012 and 2) he'll never come to TB anyways.

I think he might coach in '12, but in any yr he wont come to Tampa (barring an ownership change). Besides he is a 3-4 guy and I dont think he wants to completely rebuild.

IMO, Cowher goes to either 1) Miami (a strong D in place, just weak at QB), 2) Indy (can coach PM for a few yrs and get another ring), 3) SD (again good QB in place and some talent on D)
I don't see him going to complete rebuilds like StL, Jax, Tampa, where there is massive work to do on both sides of the ball.

player101

Starter
« #23 : December 28, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »

What is the deal with Chudzinski? His resume is 1 year of a good offense with highly talented players. Cam is a freak and I doubt if he was working with Casey Clausen/Matt Moore they would be nearly as good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

YReceiver14

Starter

« #24 : December 28, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »

What is the deal with Chudzinski? His resume is 1 year of a good offense with highly talented players. Cam is a freak and I doubt if he was working with Casey Clausen/Matt Moore they would be nearly as good.

He was also responsible for Derek Anderson's overachieving year with the Browns.  But I am surprised he's wanted for just one year of creative playcalling.  Pete Carmichael was a board favorite, and he's coming in at zero votes.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #25 : December 28, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »

People prefer Chudzinski?   Really?   He's only successful because he has Newton.   If Newton comes with him, I have no problem with that guy.   Otherwise, NO.
Derek Anderson too right? You forgot gates who had his best year under him.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #26 : December 28, 2011, 05:59:41 PM »

If we're going to go with grabbing an assistant as our Head Coach I'm DEFINITELY down with Bruce Arians, Chudzinski, Capers and Chuck Pagano. Those guys have potential to be really, really good head coaches and all have very impressive resumes. The rest of the list I wouldn't be too confident about at all. Only exceptions I'd make are Billick and Fisher because they'd probably put together a really good staff and wouldn't take any BS from the players. Interesting that most of the coaches that I like on that list run a 3-4.

BTW, reading up on these guys coaching resumes, it is AMAZING that Raheem Morris managed to get a head coaching job in the NFL. He had literally done nothing at all worth noting up to the point of being hired. These assistants that have worked their way up through the league being a part of great coaching staffs must think he's the biggest joke. People that are Kansas State fans have absolutely no idea that Raheem Morris ever was their DC. He has two things on his resume that look good...he was hired as a defensive quality control coach the year they won the Super Bowl, and the year he came back to the Bucs in 2007 after being ranked 19th in pass defense the previous year they were 1st in the league. But I doubt he really did much of anything for that Super Bowl team.
« : December 28, 2011, 06:02:23 PM ctrombetta »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 28, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »

BTW, reading up on these guys coaching resumes, it is AMAZING that Raheem Morris managed to get a head coaching job in the NFL. He had literally done nothing at all worth noting up to the point of being hired. These assistants that have worked their way up through the league being a part of great coaching staffs must think he's the biggest joke.

Hiring Raheem Morris as their head coach was the dumbest move in Buccaneer history.   Even worse than drafting Bo Jackson with the first pick in the draft when they knew he wouldn't play for them.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 28, 2011, 06:15:40 PM »

Not on the list but I'll toss out this cat:

http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/clarence-shelmon/3d9b9678-c4f2-4af1-9c6f-38a3bd6e4717

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #29 : December 28, 2011, 06:21:22 PM »

I actually feel kinda bad for Raheem that he was hired as a head coach. He's a defensive backs coach. At best he could have been made defensive coordinator a few years from now after some more years of experience. But Head Coach should have never been even considered. He's like the buddy on your coaching staff that you talk to about what's going wrong. You need that on your team to keep your players happy. But you need a guy that takes no **CENSORED** from anybody, kind of a hardass at times, articulate and expects nothing but greatness as your Head Coach. Firing Gruden was **CENSORED**ing stupid. Players would want to come play for Gruden, and coaches would want to come coach for Gruden to win a Super Bowl. The only guys that want to come play for Raheem are guys that want to chill and let time breeze by during the week so they can play football with their buddies come Sunday. And coaches? I don't know what the hell decent assistant is going to come coach UNDER Raheem after this season. That's the most major reason that you have to fire the guy.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR board determines the next HC: Part I « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools