Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR board determines the next HC: Part I « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

YReceiver14

Starter

« #30 : December 28, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »

If we're going to go with grabbing an assistant as our Head Coach I'm DEFINITELY down with Bruce Arians, Chudzinski, Capers and Chuck Pagano. Those guys have potential to be really, really good head coaches and all have very impressive resumes. The rest of the list I wouldn't be too confident about at all. Only exceptions I'd make are Billick and Fisher because they'd probably put together a really good staff and wouldn't take any BS from the players. Interesting that most of the coaches that I like on that list run a 3-4.

BTW, reading up on these guys coaching resumes, it is AMAZING that Raheem Morris managed to get a head coaching job in the NFL. He had literally done nothing at all worth noting up to the point of being hired. These assistants that have worked their way up through the league being a part of great coaching staffs must think he's the biggest joke. People that are Kansas State fans have absolutely no idea that Raheem Morris ever was their DC. He has two things on his resume that look good...he was hired as a defensive quality control coach the year they won the Super Bowl, and the year he came back to the Bucs in 2007 after being ranked 19th in pass defense the previous year they were 1st in the league. But I doubt he really did much of anything for that Super Bowl team.

+1.  It was way too soon.

A lot of those coordinators have been at it for years, only to get leapfrogged by Morris.

FWIW, I'm ok with Billick, but he should have VERY LITTLE control of the personell:

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
« #31 : December 28, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »

I'm really surprised there isn't much talk about Chip Kelly, his specialty is building schemes to fit personel. Something we need with our bare cupboard.

Behind Enemy Lines

Second String

« #32 : December 28, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »

Has anyone suggested Jim Tressel yet?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 28, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

Rick Dennison

Expertise in offense, defense and special teams

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 28, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »

Please no.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 28, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »

No, I put that idea right behind my idea of crowdsourcing play calling via QB1.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #36 : December 29, 2011, 12:29:29 AM »

My write in vote would be Chip Kelly

I chose Fisher, Chudzinski and Pagano

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 29, 2011, 12:30:56 AM »

Rob Chud will be the next coach for the Buccaneers.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 29, 2011, 01:25:45 AM »

Surprised Arians is polling so low, especially given how he was Manning's first QB coach and now runs an offense tailored around a QB with a lot of similarities to Josh and could be easily adopted with the personnel we have there now in the skill positions. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 29, 2011, 02:19:25 AM »

I'm really surprised there isn't much talk about Chip Kelly, his specialty is building schemes to fit personel. Something we need with our bare cupboard.

Hopefully they don't go the experimental route, doubt they will.  After Morris they need a proven, experienced guy.  I don't think they take any chances on a young up and coming guy this time around.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

britbuc14

Starter

« #40 : December 29, 2011, 06:23:24 AM »

i originally wanted Fisher, but i think that was a knee jerk reaction to wanting rid of Morris, i'm more and more warming upto Billick as HC as everywhere he's been he's gotten the most out of the players around him, even if they have come along kicking and screaming.

Rob Chudzinski...i'd love to have him as OC but something just says no to being a HC. i LOVE what he's done to the Panthers (just been a little sick in my mouth) as it's the perfect example at putting the players you have in a position to SUCCEED something Olson has never done and i doubt he would be able to do

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

tonto

Starter

« #41 : December 29, 2011, 08:12:11 AM »

From my observation on this board, Russ Grimm has garnered a higher percentage of approvals  than any other candidate mentioned. 

Apparently was Steelers first choice for head coach, giving way to Tomlin due to  the "Rooney rule". 

Being well known, qualified, and experienced, (but not a re-tread) Grimm would add immediate respectability to the organization.   He should have been at the top of the list here 3 years ago. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #42 : December 29, 2011, 08:35:50 AM »

seems like Billick and Chud will be interviewing for the job.

interesting thought here.  Del Rio has already worked with Billick before in Baltimore.  just saying.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #43 : December 29, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »

interesting thought here.  Del Rio has already worked with Billick before in Baltimore.  just saying.

id be happy with this.

as for that clip...if billick loved gabbert and kyle boller?  that's scary.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #44 : December 29, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »

Surprised Arians is polling so low, especially given how he was Manning's first QB coach and now runs an offense tailored around a QB with a lot of similarities to Josh and could be easily adopted with the personnel we have there now in the skill positions.
many Steeler fans can't stand his offense.  I think fans of every team hate their OCs for some reason.  Well maybe not GB or NE but you get the point.  anyways, his team was in the super bowl last year, his Offense is ranked #11 this year, 9th in passing, 16th in rushing, and they are 11-4 and in the playoffs.  I guess one teams garbage is another treasure because that would be the greatest offense in this team's 35 year history.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR board determines the next HC: Part I « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools