Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Players Speak Out On Defense and Raheem « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 29, 2011, 01:59:43 PM

i think both Black and Foster would be better in a 3-4
I think Watson and Foster with Bennett and Bowers on the book ends and McCoy Clayborn and Price up the middle would be a pretty formidable D.

Only problem is Watson would have to put on about 20 pounds.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 29, 2011, 02:00:13 PM

I wonder if these guys were saying it last year though.

These players say they want to win no matter what it takes but never buy into the system that some of these guys would "go to war" with Raheem? Seems fishy.

I am not defending Raheem and he deserved to be fired the day he was hired, but this is just a classic case of "we suck so lets blame the scheme" tactic. Lets the fans take an easier/less harsh approach towards the players and more directed at the coaching staff.

Maybe they had enough when Miller was covering receivers?

tonto

Starter

#17 : December 29, 2011, 02:02:08 PM

"It's a scheme that gives up a lot of yards and a lot of points," a player told me when I asked him to describe the defense the Buccaneers run.

I could laugh if it wasn't so sad and true.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 29, 2011, 02:03:37 PM

These players say they want to win no matter what it takes but never buy into the system that some of these guys would "go to war" with Raheem? Seems fishy.

I am not defending Raheem and he deserved to be fired the day he was hired, but this is just a classic case of "we suck so lets blame the scheme" tactic. Lets the fans take an easier/less harsh approach towards the players and more directed at the coaching staff.

Maybe they had enough when Miller was covering receivers?
That may be true, but they need to either confess to knowing their schedule was weak in 2010 or admitting it was working back then. Because the D was no where near as bad as it is now. We were competitive in almost every single game last year it seemed like. A lot of that on #5 but still.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 29, 2011, 02:03:54 PM

So, it seems like all the defensive players hate Raheem's scheme and have not bought into it. Switching to the 3-4 would be interesting, but I honestly think we are only a few pieces away from having a solid 4-3 defense, assuming our guys can stay healthy.

The new defense we run will be decided by the new Coach we get, or a new DC if our HC decides to hire one. Either way, I can't see it being any worse than Raheem's D.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 29, 2011, 02:05:28 PM

was the players saying this when they were 4-2?
our defense wasn't any good back then either

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 29, 2011, 02:06:05 PM

I think this D can be competitive when the players give their all. But as I said before, I think the GB game and the 2nd onsides kick really got to the
D and some of them stopped giving full effort. That and the all too often case of Morris calling the wrong D. Just my opinion.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 29, 2011, 02:06:11 PM

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 29, 2011, 02:07:18 PM

was the players saying this when they were 4-2?
better than it is now

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 29, 2011, 02:15:45 PM

First Mccoy needs to stop getting hurt. Regardless of the Stat sheet, McCoy was an elite player on the Dline. I didn't see one team handle him well. Than it would it be interesting to see where they would use him in a 3-4.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 29, 2011, 02:20:08 PM

if we did try to do this 3-4 thing the way described does that reduce the priority to draft a LB early in 2012?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 29, 2011, 02:23:56 PM

if we did try to do this 3-4 thing the way described does that reduce the priority to draft a LB early in 2012?

I would say yes.  They would have to concentrate on  the secondary, corner and safety.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 29, 2011, 02:29:21 PM

I don't think so.  Hayes and Black need to be replaced regardless of the scheme.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#28 : December 29, 2011, 02:33:16 PM

I don't know have any idea who this player is, but he seems more like part of the problem than part of the solution.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 29, 2011, 02:39:27 PM

I don't know have any idea who this player is, but he seems more like part of the problem than part of the solution.

I don't think it's a "player." It's players...

The solution begins with a new DC or new HC.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Players Speak Out On Defense and Raheem « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools