Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooney Rule « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

sniper5

Second String
« : January 01, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »

What are the Bucs obligations under the Rooney Rule, given the fact that our current coach is black. Do we still have to interview a minority candidate?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 01, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »

Yes. But we could easily just interview Jimmy Lake and call it a day.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 01, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »

I wonder if the "interview" with Rah at the end of season can count as compliance.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 01, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »

its such a silly rule.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #4 : January 01, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »

its such a silly rule.

Silly? Really??
It's "Silly" that this rule was even necessary, but it's certainly NECESSARY!!!

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 01, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »

It may have been necessary at one time, but it far from necessary now.

Orangegone1

Starter

« #6 : January 01, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »

Is's a stupid rule. When you pay your money for a team, you should be able to hire who you want. Owners caved to a PR move.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 01, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »

silly?  absolutely.  using a person's skin color as a requirement for an interview is silly.  actually, it's racism.  don't agree it's necessary either.  if a guy is qualified he'll get consideration  regardless of his skin tone.  but giving an interview to a guy that isn't, such as a Jimmy Lake, just to be in compliance is one, pointless and two, disrespectful to the qualified candidates,  and three, degrading to that person.
« : January 01, 2012, 10:30:38 AM Skull and Bones »

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 01, 2012, 10:36:15 AM »

seriously docbravo, I have no idea what ethnicity you are but how would it make you feel if you got a job interview only because their was a law that stated the company had to interview one person of your skin color?  you wouldn't consider that a slap in the face?

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 01, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »

the rule is out dated everybody hires black coachs all the time now......was a long time coming but its no big deal now and that requirement should be dropped now imo.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #10 : January 01, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

seriously docbravo, I have no idea what ethnicity you are but how would it make you feel if you got a job interview only because their was a law that stated the company had to interview one person of your skin color?  you wouldn't consider that a slap in the face?

I'll take a stab at what ethnicity he is.  The rule itself reeks of racism.  And don't mask the intent of the rule behind the word "minority".  If the Glazers interviewed a woman or an Asian do you think that would suffice?

YReceiver14

Starter

« #11 : January 01, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »

As a minority...maybe the rule was helpful at one time, but it's no longer needed.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 01, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »

I'll take a stab at what ethnicity he is.  The rule itself reeks of racism.  And don't mask the intent of the rule behind the word "minority".  If the Glazers interviewed a woman or an Asian do you think that would suffice?

Women aren't minorities.  An Asian would fulfill the requirement, as would a Hispanic.  Ron Rivera was often interviewed to satisfy the rule.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 01, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »

Rivera was probably interviewed numerous times because he was qualified.  The Rooney Rule might have been met by interviewing him but I doubt it was the reason he got the opportunities.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 01, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »

Rule is out of date and leads to some very insulting interviews.

In answer to the question, we would have to interview a minority candidate though no matter what minority status our current coach has.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooney Rule « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools