Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooney Rule « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : January 01, 2012, 06:35:26 PM

I'm suggesting that the rule was never necessary, but it was "perceived" as necessary at one point.   Now it's obviously not needed so it's outdated.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 01, 2012, 06:39:24 PM

how many HCs got their jobs because of the Rooney Rule?  Can't think of anyone except maybe Tomlin.  Or coarse it was the Rooneys themselves that hired him so you could make the argument it really wasn't a factor.  Also his hiring seemed kind of scripted. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 01, 2012, 06:39:59 PM

I'm suggesting that the rule was never necessary, but it was "perceived" as necessary at one point.   Now it's obviously not needed so it's outdated.

So better when there was just the one form of racism and not the other. Gotcha.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 01, 2012, 06:40:48 PM

So better when there was just the one form of racism and not the other. Gotcha.

Your statement makes no sense at all.   

Desmond

Second String

#34 : January 01, 2012, 06:48:07 PM

It's wrong to deny somebody based on their skin color, how is right to consider somebody based on their skin color?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 01, 2012, 06:51:06 PM

It's wrong to deny somebody based on their skin color, how is right to consider somebody based on their skin color?
I agree.  It just promotes a racist mentality-making someone's skin color a factor.  Only when we can get away from that and make such things a non factor will discrimination cease to exist.

Desmond

Second String

#36 : January 01, 2012, 07:05:22 PM

Discrimination will never cease to exist. That being said, two wrong don't make a right.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 01, 2012, 07:07:36 PM

Discrimination will never cease to exist. That being said, two wrong don't make a right.

/thread?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 01, 2012, 07:09:19 PM

I agree.  It just promotes a racist mentality-making someone's skin color a factor.  Only when we can get away from that and make such things a non factor will discrimination cease to exist.

Agreed.   I don't even think of skin color when I'm looking at things - until people mention skin color.

If they want a Rooney rule, go ahead.   But it should not specify only to interview minorities.   It should specify that blacks, whites, american indians, asians, mexicans, other latinos, eskimos, and any other race they can think of gets an interview as well.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 01, 2012, 07:11:46 PM

it won't if we continue to classify people by their skin color, national origin, religion, I like to check "Other" and write in "Human" for my race.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 01, 2012, 07:12:35 PM

But it should not specify only to interview minorities.   It should specify that blacks, whites, american indians, asians, mexicans, other latinos, eskimos, and any other race they can think of gets an interview as well.

Now, now...  There will be NO use of logic on the matter.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 01, 2012, 07:17:13 PM

it won't if we continue to classify people by their skin color, national origin, religion, I like to check "Other" and write in "Human" for my race.

Skull.................  That was NOT the "Race" box.

That was the "Sexual Preference" box.

But...  It does shed much light for many though...

Thanks for playing, please accept our parting gifts, and enjoy the home version.

j/k - Enjoy the off-season

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 01, 2012, 07:19:17 PM

lol.  i'll give you credit for that one.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 01, 2012, 07:21:44 PM

lol.  i'll give you credit for that one.

Thx Skull...

I kid, becuase I care...   ;)

'Bout as silly as the friggin' Rooney Rule.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#44 : January 01, 2012, 07:36:44 PM

In 2006, the overall percentage of African American coaches jumped to 22%, up from 6% prior to the Rooney Rule. Coincidence? I think not.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooney Rule « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools