Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remember when Raheem made fun of the Falcons for trading for Julio Jones? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#30 : January 08, 2012, 06:02:33 PM

we talkin smack?  Really?

Only Buc fans whose team lost 10 straight, whose team gave up a ton of points every game would talk smack about a team in the playoffs, something the Bucs won't likely do for another decade.  The Tampa Bay Buccaneers haven't necessarily been geniuses in the drafting department from what I can see.
We can't discuss about other teams?I have to be Packers fan to talk about any other team making a dumb move?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 08, 2012, 06:04:40 PM

doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid move

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bashear

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 08, 2012, 06:13:47 PM

I'll refrain from piling on the Falcons because of the Bucs' year...wait, no I won't.

This quip from Twitter:

F A L C O N S = Fans Always Left Counting On Next Season

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 08, 2012, 06:15:18 PM

Only Buc fans whose team lost 10 straight, whose team gave up a ton of points every game would talk smack about a team in the playoffs, something the Bucs won't likely do for another decade.  The Tampa Bay Buccaneers haven't necessarily been geniuses in the drafting department from what I can see.
We can't discuss about other teams?I have to be Packers fan to talk about any other team making a dumb move?

How do you know it's a dumb move? You able to see into the future? Do you know who the Falcons will sign as free agents?  You're calling Jones a bust (nearly 1,000, 8-TDs in season where he missed many games the first quarter of the season). If you're going to talk smack, you can't be a fan of one of the NFL's all-time worst teams. NFL rule.
I think you have the wrong person I never called Jones a bust, he's a great talent. so far it has been a dumb move, that move was to win now and compete with the Saints and Packers and they failed. I wouldn't say calling a offseason move dumb is trash talking,now if I said we have a better team then yeah that's dumb trash talking.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 08, 2012, 06:45:12 PM

How do you know it's a dumb move? You able to see into the future? Do you know who the Falcons will sign as free agents?  You're calling Jones a bust (nearly 1,000, 8-TDs in season where he missed many games the first quarter of the season). If you're going to talk smack, you can't be a fan of one of the NFL's all-time worst teams. NFL rule.

Because if you're going to mortgage your future, you'd better make sure that what you can get in the present will get you far into the playoffs. I don't think that 2 points off of an Eli Manning intentional grounding would qualify.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 08, 2012, 06:47:47 PM

Terrible trade for a team with no defense. Julio won't help 'em vs the Saints or Packers.
or the Giants evidently

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 08, 2012, 08:18:47 PM

Because if you're going to mortgage your future, you'd better make sure that what you can get in the present will get you far into the playoffs.

Because the draft is the only way a team can build a championship, as evidenced by the 2009-2011 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Falcons have too many free agents up in 2012, and very few draft choices. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 08, 2012, 08:18:57 PM

It's a bad move because they're not a complete team. Oline has holes. Whole defense has holes. 21st against the run. Five picks can't justify this type of move. They're not an elite team and you only make this type of move if you're one or two players away. They weren't.

In Verner We Trust

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : January 08, 2012, 08:23:08 PM

I don't know.   Julio Jones is going to be as good as CJ soon enough.   I'd make that trade for CJ.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 08, 2012, 08:24:56 PM

It's a bad move because they're not a complete team. Oline has holes. Whole defense has holes. 21st against the run. Five picks can't justify this type of move. They're not an elite team and you only make this type of move if you're one or two players away. They weren't.

Exactly, you watch that team and realize it might be good vs some sub-par teams but in the playoffs they're not there. They tried to build around Ryan but Ryan isn't a centerpiece type team.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 08, 2012, 08:30:58 PM

Exactly, you watch that team and realize it might be good vs some sub-par teams but in the playoffs they're not there. They tried to build around Ryan but Ryan isn't a centerpiece type team.
is Freeman?  More important question for us Buc fans.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 08, 2012, 08:41:31 PM

Fair question, he might just be a Ryan level QB for us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 08, 2012, 08:48:10 PM

In my opinion no.

Freeman nor Ryan are elite QB's which is why they need to be surrounded by players.  The Falcons didn't draft Ryan to be an ordinary franchise QB but an elite QB that high.  But Dimitroff miscalculated and assumed Ryan could carry the team despite the problems on defense.  Rodgers, Brady, Brees can do it, but they are on another level.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 08, 2012, 08:51:56 PM

This is why we should consider picking RG3. It doesn't mean you think Freeman stinks. But if you don't think he can take you all the way, why not pick a franchise QB if you think RG3 is better. Again, not a lobby. Just a thought worth considering when you're 4-12.

In Verner We Trust

Sailing2smth

Starter

#44 : January 08, 2012, 08:55:28 PM

still don't think JJ is as good as CJ
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remember when Raheem made fun of the Falcons for trading for Julio Jones? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools