Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remember when Raheem made fun of the Falcons for trading for Julio Jones? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : January 08, 2012, 10:06:47 PM

Good thing they drafted a TE to replace Gonzalez and groomed him this year...oh wait....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#61 : January 08, 2012, 10:11:02 PM

The lack of draft choices isn't their main problem but it is hard to overlook the fact that they don't pick till the bottom of the 2nd round.  They have to make choices as to whom they re-sign, and if most of their cap space is allocated to do that it leaves no room for additions.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#62 : January 09, 2012, 12:14:38 AM

Good thing they drafted a TE to replace Gonzalez and groomed him this year...oh wait....

Hey now, only the Bucs can be blamed for passing on Gronkowski, not the 30 other teams!

Stratobuc

Starter
#63 : January 09, 2012, 12:24:03 AM

I so hope we won't spend as much time making fun of Morris as we have our other ex-coaches. That was a terrible, albeit quick chapter. Let's turn that page and get on to the future with whomever the next coach will be.

GO BUCS!!!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#64 : January 09, 2012, 12:28:33 AM

Hell, they just gave the guy a 1 yr ext for $7 mil

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#65 : January 09, 2012, 01:50:51 AM

Hey now, only the Bucs can be blamed for passing on Gronkowski

The Falcons got Julio Jones, the Bucs got Arrelious Benn.   I think I'd go with Julio.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 09, 2012, 02:52:30 AM

The Falcons got Julio Jones, the Bucs got Arrelious Benn.   I think I'd go with Julio.

Where were the two drafted? Their talent levels were never the same to begin with.

Bad comparison.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 09, 2012, 02:54:42 AM

Falcons also gave up a crap load of picks for him too. Surprised java didn't mention that.

tog

Pro Bowler
#68 : January 09, 2012, 03:08:36 AM

Horrible comparison, to put it in perspective: would you trade Clayorn, Bowers, Stocker, and our 1st and 5th pick from next year for Julio?  Hell no, not even close.  I'd have to think about trading Clayborn for Julio straight up based on their rookie seasons.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#69 : January 09, 2012, 03:53:51 AM

Where were the two drafted? Their talent levels were never the same to begin with.

Raheem said that Benn was higher rated coming out of high school than Julio Jones.   So at one point, Benn's "talent level" was presumably higher than Julio's.   

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#70 : January 09, 2012, 08:20:27 AM

Morris has said a lot of things that didn't make sense. Comparing a guy who was drafted #7 and #35, or whatever Benn was, aren't even comparable. That being said I'll say what I said when they drafted Jones. He might turn out to be a great player,  but in the short term which is what they seemed to be building for a #7 talent defensive player probably would have helped them more. Great player but they gave up a ton for him and in the end, how much did he really help. They brought him in to win a championship and they scored 2 points.

Point is that there is so much more involved in winning and especially winning a playoff game.
: January 09, 2012, 08:50:22 AM BucNY

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remember when Raheem made fun of the Falcons for trading for Julio Jones? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools