Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 5th in 2012 Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 01, 2012, 08:15:56 PM

Dear god why do people always get such a thing for RB's? The most fungible spot in the NFL next to guards and you want to go top 5 pick. You think Richardson changes one aspect of that score today? No thanks, ask AP how much he helped his team, or MJD helped his. Elite RB <> success in the modern NFL.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 01, 2012, 08:17:47 PM

Hey we can say that Raheem successfully led the Buce to the 5th pick in the 2012 draft. Put that on your resume Raheem

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 01, 2012, 08:19:48 PM

It's going to be Claiborne, Kalil, Blackmon, Richardson, or trade down.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 01, 2012, 08:21:21 PM

i think a RB that hits the hole hard, and is a 3 down back would tremendously help this team.  didnt earnest graham have our best running day of the season the game he started?

i do tend to agree that 1st round RB's are not wise...but it is easy to become enamored with richardson.  i could get behind the idea of drafting richardson and say osemele and picking up a FA like nicks.

with some new coordinators we could have a SF turnaround.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 01, 2012, 08:22:53 PM

Perfect spot for Richardson.

Barf.....

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 01, 2012, 08:24:48 PM

i think a RB that hits the hole hard, and is a 3 down back would tremendously help this team.  didnt earnest graham have our best running day of the season the game he started?

So basically a RB as slow and untalented as Graham had our best day and you want to spend a high pick on a guy to do what you admit a undrafted hybrid FB/RB can do? Don't get it.

Trying to "win" the running game isn't the route to success in the NFL anymore. Name all the great RB's heading to the playoffs this year?  We need help but not elite help.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 01, 2012, 08:26:43 PM

Dear god why do people always get such a thing for RB's? The most fungible spot in the NFL next to guards and you want to go top 5 pick. You think Richardson changes one aspect of that score today? No thanks, ask AP how much he helped his team, or MJD helped his. Elite RB <> success in the modern NFL.

And an OT or CB will?

Hasn't the bust rate for highly drafted OT's been through the roof lately?

It really all boils down to QB play.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 01, 2012, 08:27:21 PM

i do tend to agree that 1st round RB's are not wise...but it is easy to become enamored with richardson.  i could get behind the idea of drafting richardson and say osemele and picking up a FA like nicks.

with some new coordinators we could have a SF turnaround.

Only way I want Richardson is if we take care of some other holes in free agency first. Richardson may be the bpa at 5. If that is the case, you have to take care of the other top position of need in free agency.
: January 01, 2012, 08:28:55 PM BucBalla85

BucD

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 01, 2012, 08:33:12 PM

BPA

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 01, 2012, 08:34:44 PM

So basically a RB as slow and untalented as Graham had our best day and you want to spend a high pick on a guy to do what you admit a undrafted hybrid FB/RB can do? Don't get it.

Trying to "win" the running game isn't the route to success in the NFL anymore. Name all the great RB's heading to the playoffs this year?  We need help but not elite help.

i dont think an undrafted hybrid FB/RB can do what richardson can do.   i think we should take BPA. 

i understand the that the NFL is a passing league, but thats not the only way to win.    if we want to pass it accurately 50x a game, we might as well trade freeman now. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 01, 2012, 08:35:10 PM

And an OT or CB will?

Hasn't the bust rate for highly drafted OT's been through the roof lately?

It really all boils down to QB play.

They're gonna help more than the RB.  We have an RB that can run the ball when we're not down 42 points in the first half. Richardson isn't going to be that much better a runner than Blount so you are "buying" him to upgrade your RB receptions and that is about it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 01, 2012, 08:37:40 PM

i dont think an undrafted hybrid FB/RB can do what richardson can do.   i think we should take BPA. 

i understand the that the NFL is a passing league, but thats not the only way to win.    if we want to pass it accurately 50x a game, we might as well trade freeman now.

The best ground and pound team recently (NYJ) had Shone Greene who no one will compare to an all star and an aging LT. That's not great RB play going on. It was determined running calls. Look at the Saints taking the Heisman and he's not just a committee member....think they got value from that trade?

RB used to be a high value spot. i argued like hades for Caddy for example but the league has turned so far so fast that the RB value is just almost gone.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 01, 2012, 08:38:23 PM

The Bucs offense is no way near one player away but we need to add some impact playmakers.  Richardson or Blackmon would just be a piece.  In a perfect world we could add a player like Vincent Jackson in FA and Richardson or Kahil in the draft and then continue to build from there.  The Bucs have a ton of work to do to rebuild this roster and dump a lot of garbage

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 01, 2012, 08:43:44 PM

I'm starting to agree with the offense draft strategy. As long as you fix up that oline and lbs too. Claiborne is a nice pick too. I just agree with the guys saying that offense is what its all about right now. Look at all the top teams. They have great offenses. Our defense would be a lot better if we just got that lb position improved. So I'm thinking you get the bpa at 5. It will most likely be Blackmon or Richardson.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 01, 2012, 08:44:07 PM

Richardson isn't going to be that much better a runner than Blount so you are "buying" him to upgrade your RB receptions and that is about it.

completely disagree.  i think richardson will be a much better football player whereas blount is still only a runner.  blount is great for highlight reels, but he doesnt move the chains.

The best ground and pound team recently (NYJ) had Shone Greene who no one will compare to an all star and an aging LT. That's not great RB play going on. It was determined running calls. Look at the Saints taking the Heisman and he's not just a committee member....think they got value from that trade?

RB used to be a high value spot. i argued like hades for Caddy for example but the league has turned so far so fast that the RB value is just almost gone.

i thought the saints were idiotic going after ingram.  ivory and thomas are underrated imo, and similar backs i believe.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 5th in 2012 Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools