Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 5th in 2012 Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 01, 2012, 08:44:16 PM

Whoever the Vikings don't take we'll probably get. I see Luck, Kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne, Richardson or RGIII and then us.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 01, 2012, 08:50:40 PM

Whoever the Vikings don't take we'll probably get. I see Luck, Kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne, Richardson or RGIII and then us.

Yup, this is the way it's most likely to be.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 01, 2012, 09:22:09 PM

I know I'm the only one calling for this guy, but I want Alshon Jeffery.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 01, 2012, 09:25:35 PM

Alshon Jeffery would not be bad but only if we traded way back like in the teens and picked up a 1st 2nd and 4th rounder.

tbb345

Starter
#34 : January 01, 2012, 09:42:11 PM

It's too bad the Vikings didn't hold on to beat the Bears. I think Claiborne is the best fit for this team, but I don't see anyway he makes it past the Vikings. I like Blackmon a lot, but there will be WR's available in the FA market and it does not seem like there are many good CB's out there

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 01, 2012, 09:51:19 PM

It's too bad the Vikings didn't hold on to beat the Bears. I think Claiborne is the best fit for this team, but I don't see anyway he makes it past the Vikings. I like Blackmon a lot, but there will be WR's available in the FA market and it does not seem like there are many good CB's out there

Blackmon nor Richardson are ideal choices, but from my view they are really, really nice consolation prizes.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 01, 2012, 09:53:38 PM

I really wonder, if we swtich back to a more zone team depending on the new DC if a CB that high would be the pick.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 01, 2012, 09:56:43 PM

My gut tells me Claiborne makes it to tampa and he's the pick. However Blackmon or Richardson wouldn't surprise me.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 01, 2012, 10:05:55 PM

I really wonder, if we swtich back to a more zone team depending on the new DC if a CB that high would be the pick.

I do think the Bucs do need to run more zone. I do somewhat agree with Raheem when he says a lot of zone isn't going to work against the top QBs in today's game, but the fact that all of our defensive backs except Ronde look completely lost in zone coverage after we had been so good at it for so long is a huge enditement on the coaching job Raheem has done down the stretch with the position group that is supposed to be his strength.

The first thing this defense needs to do is be able to stop the run, and it is much easier for linebackers and defensive backs to play the run when they can keep their eyes in the backfield.

It is sickening to see Atlanta's defense look so much better than ours, but coaching and an investment in their linebackers has paid off for them. I also think Babeniaux is a very underrated player for them.
: January 01, 2012, 10:43:49 PM BucsPirate1

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#39 : January 01, 2012, 10:11:11 PM

We should pick Burfict, he would give this defense a spark and leadership.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#40 : January 01, 2012, 10:21:34 PM

For those talking about trading back. Remember how everyone laughed and talked about how much the Falcons got raped for what they traded to the Browns for moving up?.....Was trading Julio Jones for Phil Taylor and Greg Little worth it? Their most glaring need is still a #1 receiver. Greg Little was 1st in the league in drops this year I think. They still have the Falcons late 1st rounder this year in which they could probably grab Alshon Jefferey or Kendall Wright, but who knows whether they'll be there or if they'll pan out.

Point is, trading for more picks isn't always worth it when your team is severely lacking elite playmakers. When they're there you grab them. Look at the difference AJ Green has made for the Bengals. They wouldn't have been even CLOSE to the playoffs if they didn't draft him. Similar situations will take place with Blackmon and Richardson this year IMO.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#41 : January 01, 2012, 10:34:31 PM

Let's assume Luck and Kalil are gone for sure - I think either Blackmon, Richardson or Claiborne are franchise players. Let's just count our blessings Jacksonville won and we are guaranteed one of those guys.

I think it will come down to Blackmon or Richardson. Both are franchise players in my opinion:

BucD

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 01, 2012, 10:39:50 PM

As I said in the other thread...

The type of talented RB Richardson is only comes around once in awhile.  The same cannot be said about Blackmon as a WR.  If it's between those two it HAS TO BE Richardson.  Not only that but this offense doesn't need another young inexperienced WR...one that you used a first rounder to get...

My opinion anyway...

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 01, 2012, 10:42:08 PM

I like Richardson but I like Doug Martin just as much and he'll be available in the 2nd.

Blackmon is a beast, but I'm concerned about his lack of height. I think Jeffery has more upside as a pro than Blackmon.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 01, 2012, 10:58:59 PM

I like Richardson but I like Doug Martin just as much and he'll be available in the 2nd.

Blackmon is a beast, but I'm concerned about his lack of height. I think Jeffery has more upside as a pro than Blackmon.

My concern about Jeffrey is here: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/483175/alshon-jeffery

When he hits the SEC schedule his production vanishes. Now, I have't seen a lot of SC games so was that him or was his QB play so incompetent they couldn't get him the ball?

Neither guy is really a fast take the top off type of player. They're both gonna be 4.5+ type player I think but AJ Green was too and he was a big difference maker so speed is everything when it comes to being a big play guy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 5th in 2012 Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools