Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 5th in 2012 Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : January 02, 2012, 09:45:23 AM

I like Richardson but I like Doug Martin just as much and he'll be available in the 2nd.

Blackmon is a beast, but I'm concerned about his lack of height. I think Jeffery has more upside as a pro than Blackmon.

My concern about Jeffrey is here: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/483175/alshon-jeffery

When he hits the SEC schedule his production vanishes. Now, I have't seen a lot of SC games so was that him or was his QB play so incompetent they couldn't get him the ball?

Neither guy is really a fast take the top off type of player. They're both gonna be 4.5+ type player I think but AJ Green was too and he was a big difference maker so speed is everything when it comes to being a big play guy.

I don't think 2011 is a fair evaluation with what South Carolina had going on at QB. He was solid in 2010 against the SEC. He was a beast against Kirkpatrick and Alabama.

Good info now for qyuestion #2...he is Steve Spurrier WR and they all pretty much sucked in the pros because they don't have much in the way of WR fundamentals. He's obvious not a smurf like Green or Anthony but is he more fundamentally sound than either guy?

Sidney Rice has done fairly well.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#61 : January 02, 2012, 09:49:10 AM

man, not sure why so many people want Richardson. He doesnt look elite and if your going to spend a top 5 pick on a HB thats likely to have a 5ish year shelf life, they better be able to be a top 5 back in the NFL. Beyond that, its been proven that Hbs can be found all over the place and tend to be of the "dime a dozen" variety.

So we draft a HB in the 1st....he has no line to run behind, the WRs arent threatening anyone and will allow teams to stack the box....and lets not forget the fact that our horrible nickel Biggers will likely be the #1 CB and the LBs have been absolutely putrid. What about the fact that the Bucs are going to need someone to step up at S or even find a couple more as Jones will be gone, jackson cant tackle anymore, and no one else has proven anything.

Sounds like a brilliant idea!!!

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 02, 2012, 10:15:48 AM

man, not sure why so many people want Richardson. He doesnt look elite and if your going to spend a top 5 pick on a HB thats likely to have a 5ish year shelf life, they better be able to be a top 5 back in the NFL. Beyond that, its been proven that Hbs can be found all over the place and tend to be of the "dime a dozen" variety.

So we draft a HB in the 1st....he has no line to run behind, the WRs arent threatening anyone and will allow teams to stack the box....and lets not forget the fact that our horrible nickel Biggers will likely be the #1 CB and the LBs have been absolutely putrid. What about the fact that the Bucs are going to need someone to step up at S or even find a couple more as Jones will be gone, jackson cant tackle anymore, and no one else has proven anything.

Sounds like a brilliant idea!!!

I agree. The value for us picking where we are is WR, CB, or Tackle. Richardson is not anywhere close to AP or Darren McFadden, and those are the only types of guys that deserve consideration in the top 10 as RB's and as tough as it is for RB's in today's NFL you even have to think twice about drafting a RB that good early.
: January 02, 2012, 10:18:27 AM BucsPirate1

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 02, 2012, 11:48:49 AM

This will be an interesting test. We have proven that drafting based on need does not work. Will we actually draft BPA this time around?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 02, 2012, 11:56:33 AM

This will be an interesting test. We have proven that drafting based on need does not work. Will we actually draft BPA this time around?

That's true but there really aren't many positions we don't need right now.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 02, 2012, 11:58:58 AM

That's true but there really aren't many positions we don't need right now.

Good point... a need at QB is debateable..... unless Anti-Freeman shows up. =)
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 5th in 2012 Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools