Boards > Pirate's Cove

2012 Tampa Bay Rays

(1/130) > >>

Biggs3535:

--- Quote from: -ts on January 01, 2012, 03:48:13 PM ---Buster Olney tabs Rays best team in MLB to start 2012.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/7410087/behind-great-defense-dominant-pitching-rays-best-team-baseball-mlb

--- End quote ---

I like Buster.  He has always been a Rays supporter.

I'd love to see the team trade Davis or Niemann for a young stud 1B in Anthony Rizzo.  They also need to find a DH.  Maybe Vlad is an option, or Damon could return.

dbucfan:
Bout damned time you got this thread going... LOL

Biggs3535:

--- Quote from: dbucfan on January 02, 2012, 08:40:42 PM ---Bout damned time you got this thread going... LOL

--- End quote ---

Ha!  You guys posting in the 2011 thread just wasn't right...

This is the time of year I start getting amped about Spring Training.  I like getting to see the prospects play with some of the Big Boys.

Biggs3535:
Rays are finishing up contract for Fernando Rodney.  A decent add to the bullpen.

Detrimental:
He throws hard, should improve under the Rays with our pitching and staff.

We need to make a trade for a DH though or 1B for sure. Can't wait to see the promotion Lee will get this year.

dbucfan:
Heard they are still looking for a couple of guys who can hit - the never ending struggle it seems - any news or even rumors yet?

-ts:
Was really hoping for Rizzo, but that ship has sailed.

We definitely have to make a move with one of the pitchers or someone is going to the Pen.

Biggs3535:

--- Quote from: -ts on January 07, 2012, 02:39:52 PM ---Was really hoping for Rizzo, but that ship has sailed.

--- End quote ---

I think Friedman just asks way too much sometimes.  I would think SD would have preferred one of the Rays starters in Niemann, Davis, or Cobb to whatever they got for Rizzo.

Scott is a solid signing.  Dude can whack when he's healthy.  I'm still hoping they can get another bat with one of those three pitchers.

-ts:

--- Quote from: Biggs3535 on January 11, 2012, 04:28:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: -ts on January 07, 2012, 02:39:52 PM ---Was really hoping for Rizzo, but that ship has sailed.

--- End quote ---

I think Friedman just asks way too much sometimes.  I would think SD would have preferred one of the Rays starters in Niemann, Davis, or Cobb to whatever they got for Rizzo.

Scott is a solid signing.  Dude can whack when he's healthy.  I'm still hoping they can get another bat with one of those three pitchers.

--- End quote ---
I agree on both accounts.

I'm curious to see what happens to the market in the next couple weeks. I'm thinking a mad rush will be about to happen.

I mean we have to move a starter, no way around it IMO. Unless they decide to send one to the pen which I don't see happening.

Madman:
Really like the Luke Scott and Rodney signings. Just need one more bat! Imagine Prince Fielder at 1B. Just imagine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version