Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 87

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#90 : April 10, 2012, 03:28:12 PM

It would really set the tone for the year and get the fan base juiced to attend games. I'd like to see the Rays push 25,000 to 30,000 per game this year. They just can't go into an early slump, gotta get hot early.
I'd like to see that too... Not a chance it happens.

This team could lead the majors from day 1 and they won't pull those numbers at the trop. Just way more playing a role than just the team.

25,000 is possible.  They averaged around 23,000/game from 2008 -2010.
I was reading more on the 30,000 side.

I still don't think we end up with 25. 23 again would be a solid start.

25,000 for 82 games gives them 2 million for the year. It's a magic milestone

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#91 : April 10, 2012, 04:05:32 PM

161-1

-ts

Hall of Famer
#92 : April 10, 2012, 04:24:49 PM

Jake McGee has me worried. I would prefer he not be used in high leverage situations for awhile. I don't think he has "earned" the right to pitch when it matters. Although I understand how going against Det's lineup is going to eat up a lot of good pitchers.

He should be closer material but instead he is a liability.

We also really need Luke Scott to get 100% so he can be in the lineup everyday. His bat is much needed.
: April 10, 2012, 04:27:30 PM -ts

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#93 : April 10, 2012, 10:48:17 PM

Jake McGee has me worried. I would prefer he not be used in high leverage situations for awhile. I don't think he has "earned" the right to pitch when it matters. Although I understand how going against Det's lineup is going to eat up a lot of good pitchers.

\

He got the job done on Friday.  Got us out of the 7th today.   According to the radio guys he threw a pitch that could (should?) have been strike 3 to Cabrera before giving up a double to him and a single to Fielder, a couple of pretty good hitters.  He's earned the right to be in our pen at this point.  He's still young and has a heck of an arm.  Hopefully he has more good days than bad ones.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#94 : April 11, 2012, 12:32:53 AM

\

He got the job done on Friday.  Got us out of the 7th today.   According to the radio guys he threw a pitch that could (should?) have been strike 3 to Cabrera before giving up a double to him and a single to Fielder, a couple of pretty good hitters.  He's earned the right to be in our pen at this point.  He's still young and has a heck of an arm.  Hopefully he has more good days than bad ones.
Agreed. Tigers have a damn good offense with Fielder in that line-up. Let the kid take his lumps now. He'll get better as the year progresses. Now if this becomes a trend then we should start to get worried.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#95 : April 11, 2012, 12:42:08 AM

\

I didn't say he shouldn't be in our BP. I said he shouldn't be given high leverage situations.

I just think he needs to be worked up to facing righties as strong as Cabrera when it matters. I think he is going to be a damn good pitcher for us eventually, he just needs to be worked up to it. Right now I still consider him a liability, until he consistently proves otherwise.

I will however say that going up against the Tigers lineup is no easy task, and this early in I understand giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm just going on what I have seen from him since he has been moved to our pen. Would like to see some more growth from a "future closer".

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#96 : April 11, 2012, 01:47:58 PM

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/apr/11/4/rays-hellickson-hit-by-ball-in-bullpen-taken-to-ho-ar-390890/

Hellickson taken to hospital after being hit by ball in bullpen during Tigers BP.  Sounds like he'll be alright.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#97 : April 11, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

Its crazy how the top of the order has been single handily winning us games with these hits. After Zobrist our batting line-up is worthless. I know Upton isn't a fan favorite but he helps out tremendously in the batting order. Great rally in the 9th and Fernando Rodney has been good thus far as a closer.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#98 : April 11, 2012, 04:37:18 PM

Zobrist took a good pitch to hit for a strike.  I thought it might  be over at that point. 

Great win on such a long, tough, competitive road trip.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#99 : April 11, 2012, 06:50:27 PM

161-1
I love a positive attitude.  We'll see how it goes... LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#100 : April 12, 2012, 01:50:19 PM

Pena is a beast. Great pick-up.

I suspect his annual slump to kick in soon though in a few months. But once Los is hot, he is a hot.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#101 : April 12, 2012, 02:08:21 PM

I like Maddon have Pena in the 2-hole.  He should see a buttload of fastballs in front of Longo.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#102 : April 12, 2012, 03:02:50 PM

Niemann with a terrible 5th inning.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#103 : April 12, 2012, 05:02:29 PM

Bullpen struggled today.  And the guys had multiple chances to score runs, but couldn't come through.

Detroit is fine squad.  Gotta feel good @ 4-2 after playing them and the Yankees to start off the year.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#104 : April 12, 2012, 05:03:43 PM

Yep, win a couple in Boston and you have a rip-roaring start

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 87
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools