Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 87

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1125 : October 13, 2012, 08:55:36 AM

Frickin' Cardinals are living right.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1126 : October 13, 2012, 12:05:31 PM

absolutely - I found myself feeling sorry for the Nats

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1127 : October 14, 2012, 02:23:54 AM

absolutely - I found myself feeling sorry for the Nats

Management second guessing that Strasburg decision now?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1128 : October 14, 2012, 03:24:23 PM

While I am not one to make excuses - I would offer for consideration if the Rays were an average to good offensive team their attendance would improve significantly.  Going to a game to root in a run or two while hoping to prevent more than one run by the opposition is not attractive or appealing to those who are not ardent and well schooled of baseball fans.  And even those folks want to see offense on a fairly regular basis.
I agree.

Say this team finished right around .500 or even below possibly but with a top offense, I think the attendance would be much better than what it is now.

I think if the team was at .500, but better offense it would be a push.  I do think attendance would be better as is if we had a little more offense.   As dbuc said, it would bring in some more casual fans.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1129 : October 14, 2012, 03:25:23 PM

Speaking of attendance, they should move the Yankees or maybe contract them.   New York City just isn't a baseball town.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8504335/mlb-playoffs-2012-new-york-yankees-tickets-sale-day-alcs-game-2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1130 : October 14, 2012, 08:00:19 PM

Tigers up 2-0.  Sweet.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1131 : October 14, 2012, 10:19:54 PM

Yanks losing always brings a smile to my face... always has and always will I suppose. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bookert1905

Starter
#1132 : October 15, 2012, 04:09:38 PM

The Tigers pitching is just too good for the Yankees. With Fister and Snachez dealing they are running into 4 top starters. The Starting pitching for the Tigers has an ERA of .96 in the playoffs thus far. With Verlander and Scherzer left, not looking food for the good ole Yankees.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1133 : October 15, 2012, 04:13:33 PM

Hate the Yanks, but Giradi makes a good point about MLB needing instant replay SOON.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1134 : October 15, 2012, 04:49:12 PM

There is absolutely no reason for MLB not to have a more encompassing replay system.  None.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1135 : October 15, 2012, 10:15:56 PM

as long as one avoids the 'tradition' idea - you're right

well - that and where would it stop - play calls or going to balls and strikes... fair and foul or checked swings... some days the game is slowed so much it seems to stop.  can't let it get slower.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1136 : October 15, 2012, 10:51:51 PM

well - that and where would it stop - play calls or going to balls and strikes... fair and foul or checked swings... some days the game is slowed so much it seems to stop.  can't let it get slower.

That is basically the leagues argument.  But as Giradi pointed out, it takes up more time for him to go out and argue and ultimately get tossed, than it would to do a replay.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1137 : October 16, 2012, 09:16:20 AM

Can't do balls and strikes, but fair/foul, HR's, and outs should all be reviewable.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1138 : October 16, 2012, 10:05:52 AM

There would be arguing even with replay so I think that negates Girardi's argument.  My problem with replay is that I see plenty of questionable calls in football which are not or can not be overturned.   And there would be in baseball as well.   Balls and strikes are a major bone of contention.  As dbuc stated, the pace of play in baseball is a major problem right now and they need to find a way to improve that especially for the in stadium fan experience.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1139 : October 17, 2012, 11:37:23 AM

Verlander was studdin' last night.

How about that final pitch from Coke?  Filthy.

Page: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 87
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools