Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS: Ownership doesnt want to fire Morris but feels they may have to « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: January 02, 2012, 10:36:40 AM

CBS Mike Freeman reporting....

Representatives of Tampa Bay Buccaneers ownership spent part of Sunday night and Monday morning speaking to players and others throughout the organization about coach Raheem Morris, according to an agent who represents one of the Buccaneers players.

This isn't a shock. This is what a smart team does when it's deciding whether or not to keep its head coach. You gather as much intel as possible before making a decision.

The real shock is how ownership has been able to -- for the moment -- keep their decision a secret. Nothing -- for the moment -- has leaked.

Actually, one sentiment is beginning to (slightly). Ownership doesn't truly want to fire Morris but feel they may not have a choice. The team has lost 10 straight games and there's little question Morris has lost the locker room. Bucs ownership, I'm also told, is extremely concerned about the effect bringing Morris back will have on ticket sales for next season.

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/34151955

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 02, 2012, 10:38:09 AM

They just don't want to admit they made a HORRIBLE decision firing Gruden for this clown

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 02, 2012, 10:39:41 AM

They wont get my money if Raheem is back. My renewal depends on what changes are made in the off season. I'm passionate and die hard as they come but I'm fed up with the lack of direction and dedication to winning that this franchise has.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

danimal09

Starter

#3 : January 02, 2012, 10:39:41 AM

I figured this. The Galzers are being smart getting all the info they can first from the people that know and I think they were really hoping Morris could save himself and turn the team back around but they are going to have to fire him after losing 10 straight. Just hope they do make a decision one way or the other sooner rather than later, I just want to know!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 02, 2012, 10:39:43 AM

Already posted. Just speculation.

Nothing's confirmed yet. (Not even a day after presser.)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 02, 2012, 10:40:45 AM

They're worried about ticket sales?  Seriously?  Didn't they have to buy out every home game when Gruden was coaching, and this team was nearly playoff bound?  Unless they hire Vince Lombardi, there will be blackouts next season.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2012, 10:41:51 AM

They wont get my money if Raheem is back. My renewal depends on what changes are made in the off season. I'm passionate and die hard as they come but I'm fed up with the lack of direction and dedication to winning that this franchise has.
I agree.  I am not going to spend a dime on this team until Morris and his puppet Dumbinik are fired.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

tonto

Starter

#7 : January 02, 2012, 10:44:25 AM

This is what a smart team does when it's deciding whether or not to keep its head coach. You gather as much intel as possible before making a decision.

Still  gathering intel?      I'm going to give the Glazers the benefit of the doubt and  believe  this is a bunch of hooey.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 02, 2012, 10:44:40 AM

Damage control is all this is.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 02, 2012, 10:46:36 AM

Smart teams would've fired him at halftime yesterday....42-ZERO is a JOKE!!  Let alone midway through the SECOND QUARTER!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

player101

Starter
#10 : January 02, 2012, 10:48:56 AM

WTF intel could they be gathering? The dumbasses must not have watched the last 10 games. No wonder this franchise is such a mess. The owners are complete imbeciles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2012, 10:49:08 AM

Damage control is all this is.
Pretty much. I've made an easy decision based on my observations without having to send representatives to talk with players.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 02, 2012, 10:53:14 AM

we've also seen reports the the Glazers wanted to fire him 5 weeks ago but couldn't due to the lack of quality coaches.  Nothing but speculation in all these reports.  Please Glazers, put an end to this and make an announcement either way.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 02, 2012, 10:54:16 AM

If it is acknowledge he has lost the locker room and we are getting hammered every game, what possible reason could they have to keeping him?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 02, 2012, 10:56:09 AM

Die hard, but will give up season tickets just like that? Hmm..

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS: Ownership doesnt want to fire Morris but feels they may have to « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools