Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS: Ownership doesnt want to fire Morris but feels they may have to « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2012, 10:56:55 AM

They took 3 days to fire Dungy (and handled it poorly) and 2 weeks to fire Gruden. So they don't really move very fast with this stuff.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 02, 2012, 10:59:07 AM

Why would you pay a dime to watch this team...die hard fans are smart enough to realize that this team under Morris has no hope.  Buying into this myth is exactly what the owners want.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

bashear

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2012, 11:07:21 AM

They wont get my money if Raheem is back. My renewal depends on what changes are made in the off season. I'm passionate and die hard as they come but I'm fed up with the lack of direction and dedication to winning that this franchise has.

Die hard, but will give up season tickets just like that? Hmm..
One can be a die hard fan but refuse to be taken for a financial ride by players who just don't care. I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were, I'd be mad as heck for laying down money to see what this organization put on the field the second half of the season.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 02, 2012, 11:10:41 AM

just like that? - are u blind???

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 02, 2012, 11:12:25 AM

you make it sound like sombody dropped a penny into the fountain ...just like that. They gave up more points than any Buc team ever!! They got smashed by Jacksonville back ups! They were losing 42-0 by the 2nd quarter!  just like that...lol

it s widely known and written - they ARE the worst team right now...just like that
: January 02, 2012, 11:14:17 AM OneTruth

BucD

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2012, 11:13:30 AM

@JasonColeYahoo (Jason Cole):
Raheem Morris expecting to hear from Bucs today about being fired. But no word yet.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 02, 2012, 11:16:28 AM

Morris is responsible for being cheapest for 7 years too. Lol. There is no honor here.

Firing a coach to boost ticket sales? Nice.

What about spending money on your product, sk that you don't have to resort to scapegoating and spinning.

Oh yeah that's right, hundreds of million$ of reasons..

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#22 : January 02, 2012, 11:17:06 AM

They don't want to fire him because he's black.  They think firing a black coach will make them racists.  It's sad that this society is so immature about racism that it comes down to this!  I bring this up because others have already tried to make this a racial thing!

Johnny(and Edgar) Winter, Tobacco Road,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dr3BHCPT5Y

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#23 : January 02, 2012, 11:17:51 AM

I like how on one hand the guy says how amazing it is that no information has leaked out from ownership, but on another he states this "ownership doesn't want to fire Morris but feels they may have to." It's either one or the other.

If he's not fired just because he's a good guy......my god. I feel for him walking around anywhere in Tampa Bay running into any fans that aren't like that dude Beatles. He just might get hurt for real. If he's brought back I would feel worse about this team than any I have ever been a fan of. And then think, if he is brought back, is he going to keep Greg Olsen as OC just because he thinks HE is a good guy and one of his friends? Man...this could get ugly. Just please fire this guy by the end of today so I don't need to think about this any longer.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 02, 2012, 11:20:43 AM

Pretty sure they know bringing back Morris would basically mean the only people buying tickets would be fans of the away team.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#25 : January 02, 2012, 11:20:59 AM

They wont get my money if Raheem is back. My renewal depends on what changes are made in the off season. I'm passionate and die hard as they come but I'm fed up with the lack of direction and dedication to winning that this franchise has.

No, if you are willing to not support them then you are clearly not as passionate and die hard as they come. Sorry. The true diehards will be there next season no matter what just like they were in the 80's, Just like the diehards who sold out Lambeau  every year since 1973 even after their 4-12 seasons in the 70's and 80's. Compared to them it's an insult to say you are as diehard as they come.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2012, 11:22:19 AM

Have they interviewed this guy get?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 02, 2012, 11:22:50 AM

Morris is responsible for being cheapest for 7 years too. Lol. There is no honor here.

What about spending money on your product, sk that you don't have to resort to scapegoating and spinning.

You're.....they are the cheapest but do you think Morris lost the lockerroom and the players stopped buying in?

BucD

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 02, 2012, 11:22:55 AM

Exactly.  Although, firing Morris is a step in the right direction and it most definitely doesn't stop there.

Next would be NOT screwing up the replacement and actually showing the fans of this franchise that you care by spending the money it takes to field a winner.  To be clear, there is a big difference between going into FA smart and going balls deep like Snyder or the Eagles.  But this team does need an influx of veteran talent to mix with the young talent.

The Glazer boys have a lot of work to do...IF they care that is...

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#29 : January 02, 2012, 11:23:57 AM

I like how on one hand the guy says how amazing it is that no information has leaked out from ownership, but on another he states this "ownership doesn't want to fire Morris but feels they may have to." It's either one or the other.

I know right. It's not like the sentence "Actually, one sentiment is beginning to (slightly). " means anything.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS: Ownership doesnt want to fire Morris but feels they may have to « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools