Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS: Ownership doesnt want to fire Morris but feels they may have to « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#60 : January 02, 2012, 03:01:17 PM

won 13 games 3 times.  went to a super bowl and was competitive in it.  won 11 games or more 4 times during McNair's prime.  went through 2 rebuilds.  averaged 9 wins a season.  tons of experience and respect around league.
To win 13 games 3 times without a Peyton Manning or Brady is pretty impressive. McNair was a gamer but not a great QB. They never really had top notched receivers either. I would lke to see what he would do with very good talent and an accurate QB.(Freeman????)  His teams always played tough D. He would be my choice. He said he wants to go to a place with a stable QB situation. The Vince Young nightmare did him in.

Very good talent and accurate QB. Doesn't exactly sound like Tampa to me.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 02, 2012, 03:48:42 PM

We won only 4 games because we played better teams this year who exposed our weaknesses.  Each week with injuries added in our weaknesses grew until the avalanche...If you cannot win in your division why look any further.?  Also we have a number of players who are not good and some players who may or may not be injury prone....add Morris' inexperience at the HC AND DC coaching level....we got what we got.  It is no mystery.  And that is why I suspect Freeman is a bust.  I am hoping against hope that's not true.  But I think it might be.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS: Ownership doesnt want to fire Morris but feels they may have to « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools