Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on coaches show... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
: January 02, 2012, 06:57:01 PM

I'm watching the coaches show on NFL network and they were talking about how you shouldn't wait too long to hire your head coach just because you want to put together the best possible staff, the best coordinators, etc. and that if you prologue the decision your head coach might not get their first, second, or third choice offensive/defensive coordinators. This came from Brian Billick's mouth.

It also sounded like he was auditioning and making those comments because he has some guys in mind for "his" staff.

Then thought about Bates and Jagodzinski and what happened 3 years ago. I think Brian is right and we have to move. If I were the glazers I would actually call him for an interview. I get he was an "offensive guru" that never lived up to the hype, but all of his teams had so much money invested in defense. I think our roster is relatively balanced and we have money to spend in FA, there's a chance to build a real winner here...

Badabingnrt

Starter

#1 : January 02, 2012, 07:21:16 PM

I want Jeff Fisher.

If we can't get him and had to choose a proven coach that has been out of the game, I'd prefer Steve Marriuchi (spelling, Mooch) over Billick.

To be honest tho, if we get "name" coach, that would suffice

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2012, 07:22:53 PM

Coach B is correct. And from what I understand, the Bucs understand that as well and will not be waiting too long.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 02, 2012, 07:24:24 PM

What if it's the Sheriff (Denny Green)?  We can go ahead and  crown their asses

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 02, 2012, 07:26:38 PM

Coach B is correct. And from what I understand, the Bucs understand that as well and will not be waiting too long.

What other info do you have? Are Fisher and Billick strong candidates?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 02, 2012, 07:29:47 PM

I have no info on specific names. I do know that not long ago there was a possible interest in Norv Turner if he was available. I know a couple of other things: first that the Glazers prefer (I said PREFER) an experienced HC this time around, and second, that they're going to be careful but they're not going to drag it out. They don't want a new coach to miss out on the opportunity to put together a proper staff.

How it will turn out, that's hard to say.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#6 : January 02, 2012, 07:39:04 PM

I have no info on specific names. I do know that not long ago there was a possible interest in Norv Turner if he was available. I know a couple of other things: first that the Glazers prefer (I said PREFER) an experienced HC this time around, and second, that they're going to be careful but they're not going to drag it out. They don't want a new coach to miss out on the opportunity to put together a proper staff.

Most fans want an experienced coach and it seems the Glazers are making PR moves now more than ever.  First with the quick firing of Morris and with the report coming out that they will not partcipate in London games in the future.  Both of these were negatives in the eyes of the fans, so they atleast appear to be listening.

If they go out and get Fisher then I believe they will make the fans happy and let's be honest, Fisher isn't a bad coach, averaged 9 wins a year in his 17 years with the Titans.  That's pretty darn good. 

I'd love Cowher, but he is probably waiting for a big market to open up like Philadelphia or New York(Giants).

As for Fisher, I believe we are a more attractive destination then most teams.  San Diego might be better as they have more talent, but out of St. Louis, KC, Jacksonville, Miami, or Tampa; I'd choose Tampa Bay.  Also, with Indy, do you really want to be the coach that benches Peyton Manning and have all that pressure on him if Luck indeed, sucks.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2012, 08:08:21 PM

That said, Billick would love to come here.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : January 02, 2012, 08:12:44 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Mularkey come to Tampa.   He looks a bit like Sam Wyche (who replaced Richard Williamson and Raheem reminded me of Williamson).

Sailing2smth

Starter

#9 : January 02, 2012, 08:13:22 PM

That said, Billick would love to come here.

Really?  Is this speculation or did he state that on the coaches show?

I hope the Glazers fired Morris for a reason and go after either Cowher or Billick, not someone that does not have any HC experience in this league (and no Fisher!)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 02, 2012, 08:22:12 PM

It's been swirling in league circles for a little while that if the Bucs were interested in making a change, he'd be interested in considering the opportunity.

I hope the Glazers fired Morris for a reason and go after either Cowher or Billick, not someone that does not have any HC experience in this league (and no Fisher!)

Unless I'm completely off the mark, you can forget about Cowher.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 02, 2012, 08:24:47 PM

Well that's encouraging to hear.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#12 : January 02, 2012, 08:29:11 PM

It's been swirling in league circles for a little while that if the Bucs were interested in making a change, he'd be interested in considering the opportunity.

Unless I'm completely off the mark, you can forget about Cowher.

And I do not think that you are...Cowher has stated repeatedly that he does not want to coach again. 
But he is the right man for the job.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 02, 2012, 08:32:12 PM

I just heard on NFLN that Cowher would have considered the NYG job if they missed the playoffs and Coughlin was terminated but short of that he wouldn't consider the openings presently available.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 02, 2012, 08:35:48 PM

Simple as a screwdriver.....sign him up!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on coaches show... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools