Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Play along. You are GM and have to cut ten players..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

: January 03, 2012, 01:10:01 AM

List ten players you would either cut, or not re-sign........and optional demote two more starters.

It was actually easy to come up with ten players. Here is my list.
Cut:
Jeremy Trueblood- Ineffective and too many penalties.
Jeff Faine- He is injured too often and ineffective.
Arrelious Benn- He will never learn a new offense. Inherited the Wide Blocker position from Michael Clayton.
James Lee- What happened to him this offseason?
Luke Stocker- This was a wasted draft pick...er two wasted draft picks. He can't block or catch.
Geno Hayes- Ineffective.
Quincy Black- Ineffective stealing paychecks.
Aqib Talib- End the drama.
Sean Jones- Ineffective can't tackle.
TJack- Ineffective.

Demote:
Ronde Barber- Perhaps the best nickle corner in the game, but this team needs two shut down corners to start. He would play in nickle package only.
Kellen Winslow- He is not an all around TE. He would be in on 3rd downs occasionally. Actually, if he refused a pay cut he may be cut outright.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 03, 2012, 01:18:14 AM

Benn is the only guy on your list I would keep. Replace him with Freeman on the cut list. I think under a good offense and with a decent QB he could be good.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 03, 2012, 01:26:56 AM

Jeremy Trueblood - Ineffective and too many penalties.
Jeff Faine - He is injured too often and ineffective.
Aqib Talib - End the drama, end the drama now.
Sean Jones - Ineffective can't tackle.
Geno Hayes - Ineffective and he's a free agent. No need to resign.
Quincy Black - Ineffective stealing paychecks.
E.J. Biggers, - Gets burned on a weekly basis as a CB, time to upgrade that position.
Kregg Lumpkin - We can get  better production from a third down RB, average in pass protection.
Myron Lewis - waste of a third rounder
Roy Miller - overrated DL and a waste of a third round pick.

Guys I wanna mention but are still serviceable in reserve roles:   Kellen Winslow, Jeremy Zuttah
: January 03, 2012, 01:33:51 AM bucfan26

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 03, 2012, 01:31:17 AM

Yea I wouldn't cut Benn before seeing what these new coaches do and how they use everyone. It's very possible that Benn's lack of progression could be blamed on Raheem and Olsen. It's also very possible that it had nothing to do with them and all to do with Benn, but I'd be patient with him for one more season.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 03, 2012, 01:31:38 AM

Good call on Roy Miller, and Lumpkin.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#5 : January 03, 2012, 01:32:52 AM

Good call on Roy Miller, and Lumpkin.

Lumpy sucks and Miller is weaksauce too.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 03, 2012, 01:34:36 AM

Winslow needs to go though. With all these TE's coming into the league who can all block really well and are receiving threats, it's sad for us that we thought Kellen was special. There are now like over 10 TE's in the NFL that are more helpful to their teams then Winslow is to the Bucs.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 03, 2012, 01:34:53 AM

E.J. Biggers, - Gets burned on a weekly basis as a CB, time to upgrade that position.

Biggers is worth keeping on the roster as a nickel or dime back.  We really need to upgrade the 2 starting positions, though

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 03, 2012, 01:36:17 AM

Ten guys cut automatically...

Faine
Trueblood
Haynesworth
Jones
Lee
Lumpkin
Stroughter
Quincy Black
Talib depending on outcome of the court crap...because we have a lack of depth at CB
And last but not least K2...I'm tired of having a one dimensional TE.

2 starters being demoted? I'll give you 3:
Geno Hayes, Tanard Jackson and Mike Williams until he gets his head out of his ass.
: January 03, 2012, 01:39:12 AM bizkitlimped

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#9 : January 03, 2012, 01:36:56 AM

Biggers is worth keeping on the roster as a nickel or dime back.  We really need to upgrade the 2 starting positions, though

I hear you but if its a choice between him or Elbert Mack I'm keeping Mack who actually makes plays.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : January 03, 2012, 01:43:39 AM

"Cut" is a strong word.    I would prefer to trade some guys I don't like who do have some value.

Trade Freeman
Trade Blount
Trade Talib
Trade Winslow
Trade Foster
Cut Biggers
Cut Sean Jones
Cut Black
Cut Lee
Cut Haynesworth

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 03, 2012, 01:52:39 AM

Cut
Faine
Biggers
Lee
Trueblood
Lumpkin
Jones
Q.Black
Hayes
Miller
Jackson

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 03, 2012, 02:02:50 AM

You don't cut anybody. You REPLACE them when and if the opportunity strikes (e.g. Styles White). Like Morris always said, "I will tolerate you until I can replace you."

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 03, 2012, 02:18:46 AM

I would like to see what the guys look like with a new coaching staff before we have a fire sale.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 03, 2012, 02:26:13 AM

Oh, this is easy.

Cut:
-Faine, not living up to his contract for a third consecutive season. Time to get rid of this sucker.
-Penn, Im sick and tired of his bull**CENSORED** "fights". Especially since he flat out sucks. How can you get thrown around like the he did against the no name defensive ends against the jags. HES a main reason why we suck.
-Trueblood, He actually played well in the start of the season, but man did he come back to his own. He whiffs on both run and pass plays, how we didnt adress this position is incredible.
-Preston Parker. Yes, he had a good season but i want to get rid of this punk before he gets a Talib like headline. Doesnt help his case that he cant controll the ball.
-Elbert Mack. I agree he is a good special teamer, but i think if you are gonna have a backup that can play SP, there should be potential that he can become a starter. He doesnt have ANY potential for that, he sucks. Too small, too slow, too dumb.
-Quincy Black, I would actually like to keep Black to be the special team stud like he used to be, but now he makes too much money to be a backup.
-Geno Hayes, a more frustrating player is hard to find. Some plays he is just brilliant and looks like the new derrick brooks when he just shoots through the gap. But that only happens 1 time per game last season. This season he hasnt done it once.
-Fat Albert. We were luck we didnt sign him for a 100 mill. He just sucks. Cant stop the run, cant rush the passer.
-Roy Miller. What is he? Cant hold his own, cant penetrate. cut him.
-Sean Jones. God he sucks. I know it, you know it. Terrible.

Also would cut.
T-Jax, Talib, Okam, Biggers along with many useless backups.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Play along. You are GM and have to cut ten players..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools