Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fisher expected to be Rams head coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2

YReceiver14

Starter

« : January 03, 2012, 09:10:55 AM »

[Didn't really care either way.  And no, while he wasn't a soft coach, he was not a big disciplinarian like some think]

Per Rotoworld:

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, "it is all but certain" that Jeff Fisher will be the Rams' next head coach.
Usually a Chargers paper, the Union-Trib has had several recent Rams scoops because they've been targeting current Bolts GM A.J. Smith, and beat reporter Kevin Acee has followed the situation closely. It sounds like Fisher and Smith aren't a package deal, though. In this scenario, Fisher would likely be tabbed as head coach first, and then have say in the Rams' general manager hiring. With the Oilers (now Titans), Fisher was originally hired by current Patriots Senior Football Advisor Floyd Reese. If Reese is still up to it -- he's 64 -- it's conceivable that he'd be on St. Louis' short list of GM targets.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 03, 2012, 09:12:32 AM »

Reese has picked a crap load of pro bowlers over the years

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 03, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »

Why would he ever consider the Bucs who avoid signing decent free agents who can help the team and  who have the league's lowest payroll?

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
« #3 : January 03, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »

Good, I didn't want Fisher to begin with.  OVERRATED!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 03, 2012, 09:17:29 AM »

they want Fisher but that doesn't mean they are his top choice.  It would be stupid for him not to hear Miamis and the Bucs offer.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 03, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »

It could be where he does end up, but it's ignorant to just say it's basically guaranteed.  He's going to be interviewing w/ just about every team with a vacancy.  He'll pick between the teams with the best offer, roster, and QB that he thinks is best...

I honestly and truly think there is more talent and potential here...more cap space too....

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 03, 2012, 09:36:40 AM »

It could be where he does end up, but it's ignorant to just say it's basically guaranteed.  He's going to be interviewing w/ just about every team with a vacancy.  He'll pick between the teams with the best offer, roster, and QB that he thinks is best...

I honestly and truly think there is more talent and potential here...more cap space too....

When you consider the guys that the Rams have on IR this season that will be returning, they actually look to be in pretty good shape, and the fact that they are in a soft division doesn't hurt. With them, he faces Seattle, Arizona, and Frisco twice a year. Here, he faces Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, and Cam Newton, with a less talented roster to start off with.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 03, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »

well he is interviewing with the Dolphins today so nothing is set in stone

Ju1ce

Starter

« #8 : January 03, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »

No matter who the coach is, we will still continue to lose until the Glazers put money into this team.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 03, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »

When you consider the guys that the Rams have on IR this season that will be returning, they actually look to be in pretty good shape, and the fact that they are in a soft division doesn't hurt. With them, he faces Seattle, Arizona, and Frisco twice a year. Here, he faces Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, and Cam Newton, with a less talented roster to start off with.

Well if the easy or easier division/schedule is a big factor in a coaches decision then I don't want him anyway.  Just sayin'.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 03, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »

No matter who the coach is, we will still continue to lose until the Glazers put money into this team.

I agree.  But no coach with a lot of coaching experience etc. is going to come here if the Owners aren't willing to spend.  So we'll see...

If they hire another "Raheem Morris" then I think we should worry...

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #11 : January 03, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »

Yeah bro, I mean Danny Amendola, Rodger Saffold and Greg Salas are future Hall of Famers. Who's turning down that job?

Come on buddy. Sam Bradford looked absolutely attrocious this season in the games he played. He threw the ball an average of 6 yards a completion. He didn't throw for more than 1 TD in a single game this year. I don't wanna hear anything about "lack of talent" he had around him. Josh Freeman has a bunch of rookies, 2nd year guys and knuckleheads that were being coached by retards. And I think the injuries to Gerald McCoy, Earnest Graham and Cody Grimm were alot more important to this team than what the Rams had to go through. Plus Brian Price, Talib and Mason Foster were battling through injuries and Tanard had to step in the week after he was reinstated after a year and start. Basically the same Bucs team that's here today won 10 games just a year ago. The Rams haven't even had a WINNING season since 2003. The Rams and Jaguars would be the two spots I would stay the hell away from if I was a head coach. They literally have nothing except Steven Jackson and MJD. Bradford is nothing but a check-down machine, and Gabbert....well he can't even complete check-downs.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #12 : January 03, 2012, 10:33:40 AM »

Per Rotoworld:

The Dolphins' head-coaching interview with Jeff Fisher is taking place Tuesday.
Fisher just arrived at Dolphins headquarters on owner Stephen Ross' private jet. Fisher is believed to be lukewarm to the idea of coaching a team without an established quarterback, but big money and promises could change that.

He is moving fast.  I think he wants to be decided before the end of the week.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

J-Train

Pro Bowler

« #13 : January 03, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »

Hmm Rams where you can win the division with 7-8 wins..or Bucs where you need at least 11-12 and 10 wins doesnt make the playoffs.

Id choose the Rams too. Atleast there 6-7 wins a year is considered improvement.

Thanks for the sig Java!

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #14 : January 03, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »

Hmm Rams where you can win the division with 7-8 wins..or Bucs where you need at least 11-12 and 10 wins doesnt make the playoffs.

Id choose the Rams too. Atleast there 6-7 wins a year is considered improvement.

I didn't know the 13-3 49ers left the NFC West? The Cardinals finished 8-8 this year with a bunch of injuries, and the Seahawks finished 7-9. This isn't 2010 anymore.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fisher expected to be Rams head coach « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools