Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fisher expected to be Rams head coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 03, 2012, 11:34:31 AM

If I were Fisher and I were looking at the rosters, I'd choose the Rams first, Dolphins second and Bucs last.      I honestly think the Bucs do have the most talent on their roster, but it's talent that I wouldn't want due to thuggery so some of them would have to be cut.   

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 03, 2012, 11:45:45 AM

I don't know if Fisher's heart would be in it anyway. He just sees this as a big potential payday.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 03, 2012, 09:27:11 PM

It could be where he does end up, but it's ignorant to just say it's basically guaranteed.  He's going to be interviewing w/ just about every team with a vacancy.  He'll pick between the teams with the best offer, roster, and QB that he thinks is best...

I honestly and truly think there is more talent and potential here...more cap space too....

When you consider the guys that the Rams have on IR this season that will be returning, they actually look to be in pretty good shape, and the fact that they are in a soft division doesn't hurt. With them, he faces Seattle, Arizona, and Frisco twice a year. Here, he faces Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, and Cam Newton, with a less talented roster to start off with.

Yeah bro, I mean Danny Amendola, Rodger Saffold and Greg Salas are future Hall of Famers. Who's turning down that job?

Come on buddy. Sam Bradford looked absolutely attrocious this season in the games he played. He threw the ball an average of 6 yards a completion. He didn't throw for more than 1 TD in a single game this year. I don't wanna hear anything about "lack of talent" he had around him. Josh Freeman has a bunch of rookies, 2nd year guys and knuckleheads that were being coached by retards. And I think the injuries to Gerald McCoy, Earnest Graham and Cody Grimm were alot more important to this team than what the Rams had to go through. Plus Brian Price, Talib and Mason Foster were battling through injuries and Tanard had to step in the week after he was reinstated after a year and start. Basically the same Bucs team that's here today won 10 games just a year ago. The Rams haven't even had a WINNING season since 2003. The Rams and Jaguars would be the two spots I would stay the hell away from if I was a head coach. They literally have nothing except Steven Jackson and MJD. Bradford is nothing but a check-down machine, and Gabbert....well he can't even complete check-downs.

St. Louis also has Brandon Lloyd, who is a proven #1, and Mark Clayton and Danny Amendola coming off of DL, and Steve Jackson in the backfield. They also have Chris Long, James Hall, and James Laurinaitis on defense. They have enough superior talent in enough places for a quick turnaround. The Bucs don't have anyone on the roster who at this point can be mentioned same conversation as Lloyd, Jackson, Long, and Lauirinaitis. Again, it's a question of potential vs. proven talent, and only the Bucs place potential above proven talent, bro.

Hmm Rams where you can win the division with 7-8 wins..or Bucs where you need at least 11-12 and 10 wins doesnt make the playoffs.

Id choose the Rams too. Atleast there 6-7 wins a year is considered improvement.

I didn't know the 13-3 49ers left the NFC West? The Cardinals finished 8-8 this year with a bunch of injuries, and the Seahawks finished 7-9. This isn't 2010 anymore.

The 49ers are one year wonders, while the Saints are former Super Bowl champs and the Falcons have made the playoffs in three of the last four seasons. New Orleans, Atlanta, and Carolina all finished in the top 10 in total offense this season. Are you seriously suggesting that it's even debatable which conference is tougher to win in between the NFC South and the NFC West?

Another thing you haven't considered. The Rams will allow him to hand pick his GM. The Bucs and Jags come with a GM already attached to the team. That's a huge bargaining chip for the Rams.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fisher expected to be Rams head coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools