Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who does your GUT tell you the Bucs are going to hire? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#120 : January 04, 2012, 01:36:21 PM

And from what I'm reading from GB fans...

Sherman was known for getting a lead and then going into a shell and blowing that lead late in the game.

Ok, so lets assume this is correct. Wouldnt MD and the Glazers know this as well and bring this up to Sherman point blank and ask him what would be his plan moving forward to address this and with what defensive coordinator?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#121 : January 04, 2012, 01:49:32 PM

Top 3 gut feelings...
#1 Mike Sherman, the name just came out of left field as someone they were interviewing, why unless they are really interested.
#2 Brian Billick , as has been said countless times, the guy love a bunch of our players and checks all the boxes needed.
#3 and it's a wildcard, Tom Coughlin, if Atlanta goes into Jersey and beats down the Giants he could be outta there and return to Florida.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#122 : January 04, 2012, 02:08:44 PM

Would think Billick knows our team a lot better than any other ex HC out there and maybe better than any OC/DC not in the NFCS

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

original_bucfan

Practice Squad

#123 : January 04, 2012, 02:11:57 PM

He would work for me stan.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#124 : January 04, 2012, 02:43:32 PM

And from what I'm reading from GB fans...

Sherman was known for getting a lead and then going into a shell and blowing that lead late in the game.

Ok, so lets assume this is correct. Wouldnt MD and the Glazers know this as well and bring this up to Sherman point blank and ask him what would be his plan moving forward to address this and with what defensive coordinator?

I would hope so. How about they ask him why he was one and done every time he made the playoffs?

KCBuc

Starter

#125 : January 04, 2012, 04:33:07 PM

My wish would be Cowher or Schottenheimer.

My gut tells me they're going to go cheap. My hope would be Mularky; but it'll probably be Sherman.

Headhunter

Practice Squad

#126 : January 04, 2012, 05:50:11 PM

Rich Bisaccia. He is a known entity, they did not want him to leave plus he should be cheap.  The Glazers are all about getting talent (or lack of talent) on the cheap right now.  I would be okay with Bisaccia but prefer someone with NFL head coaching experience.  The Glazers other choices will be Mike Sherman, Marty Schottenheimer, Eric Mangini, June Jones or some other retread.   

gone

Hall of Famer
#127 : January 04, 2012, 06:30:54 PM

I honestly don't feel strongly enough about any candidates to have a dog in this fight, but I started thinking Sherman would be the pick  yesterday and I am leaning more that way the more I consider it.  I'm not really blown away by anyone at this point and I think it's silly that people are talking about whether a coach can win the SuperBowl -- as Mora would say "Superbowl????SUPERBOWL?!?!?!?Don't talk about the Superbowl!!!!!"   First thing is to stop the bleeding, so we need to worry about rebuilding the foundation.  We steady the ship first and then fire him if he cant seal the deal.

I think we can probably all agree that if it's Sherman or Fisher we will know who our coach is by Saturday/Sunday or the coach will be a coordinator from one of the playoff teams -- the Glazers aren't going to wait that long, I think they already have a very short list and want someone in sooner rather than later.  They won't tell a contender they will think about him and not pull the trigger and watch him land somewhere else because they wanted to also interview a coordinator.

So -- on to Sherman.  I think that people overstate the hate here for the guy.  Some hardcore fans and college junkies might hate him, but many hardcore fans don't care, and the casuals don't know who he is.  I think he hits a LOT of the areas that the Glazers want/need to hit.

1: Cred.  Love him, hate him, or indifferent, he has that and coordinators don't.  He can take over that locker room instantly, doesn't need to prove himself to the players.
2: Favre.  This also feeds into the cred with players, but especially with casual fans.  They won't know his name from Adam, but the public relations dept can easily brand him as "Brett Favre's coach" and people will buy in.
3: Experience.  The organization is a mess and that certainly carries over to how day-to-day operations were handled.  We need someone who know how to organize this, whether it's film, paperwork, or any of the other thousand organizational things as opposed to actual hands on coaching, we can't have someone doing this for the first time, it needs to be smooth, so again, not a coordinator.
4: Talent evaluation.  He wasn't the greatest drafter of all time but his batting average was higher than ours has been.  He'd be an excellent person to advise our staff on this and also sort the diamonds from the coal on our current roster.
5: GM experience.  This is a big one IMO.  Not a need but a definite value add.  At this point the Glazers have to be wondering about their judgement on Dom.  Sherman can help them decide.  He can also help Dom as a mentor, and provide a temporary replacement if they want to cut ties with Dom.
6: Freeman. Josh can certainly fit the type of O Sherman would want to run at least with his physical abilities, so there is a decent match at an important spot.
7: Maturity.  He certainly will make the atmosphere more professional, and definitely won't be hitting the bars with the players.

---------------

Like I said, I'm not sold on anyone, but I'm pointing this out because I think it's a lot of areas the Glazers want.  The big question remains whether they think he can still coach successfully, but I think he hits what Glazers are looking for.  Other experienced coaches will certainly hit on most of those as well, so they aren't "Sherman specific", but he does meet them too, with some extra value add.

RobbieRob

Rookie
#128 : January 04, 2012, 06:41:26 PM

Whomever the coach, the search must be exhaustive, the Buccaneer Fans deserve that. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#129 : January 05, 2012, 12:01:29 AM

Whomever the coach, the search must be exhaustive, the Buccaneer Fans deserve that.

But some fans think the search is already taking too long!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#130 : January 05, 2012, 12:04:31 AM

But some fans think the search is already taking too long!

and those are the fans that complain about everything and are never happy....small group....easy to ignore.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who does your GUT tell you the Bucs are going to hire? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools